• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
Looking up from the ground, Gensai sees the Kobolds swarming on Rujah. "NO!" he screams, and the second group moves to descend on the dragonborn, they disappear, and reappear behind the first group, attacking their own.

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt on Horde 3]
IA: Dimensional Vortex on Horde 3 second attack vs Will
Attack: 1d20+10=21 Hit
Effect: Teleport Horde 3 to Q31, and it then makes its melee attack against Horde 2. Rujah should still have 2 HP left now.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Notes from last turn]
Since I shifted, I have +1 to AC, and therefore the second attack against me for 13 damage missed. Also, I gained 3 THP from AoS trigger. So I'm at 51/62 THP 3/3 at the start of my turn.
[/sblock]

"Now you're mine!"
the ronin screamed, pushing himself up, and unleashing his sword in a flurry. Arcs of blue energy left trails where the blade had been. As he resheathed the blade, the teleported horde collapsed to the ground.

He turned back to the horde in the hallway. "You'll not knock me down again. Master Fenwick: help me end these foul creatures."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Regen 10, Get up, Sword of Sigils (Burst) vs Horde 1 S30 (CRIT) and Horde 3 Q31 (Hit, and Dead), AoS on Horde 1 S30 (By me).

[sblock=Action Block]
Start of Turn: Regen 10
Move: Get up. (+1 to AC/Reflex TENT)
Standard: Sword of Sigils vs Horde1 & Horde3 (AC)

• Target1: Horde 1 S30
  • Attack1: 1d20+13=33 CRIT
  • Target2: Horde 3 Q31
  • Attack2: 1d20+13=28
  • Damage: 1d8+6=13 +10 vuln = 23 (14 + 5 Bonus Crit Damage + 10 vuln = 29 vs Horde 1)
  • Effect: Both are Marked TENT. Until the mark ends, if the target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes force damage equal to your Intelligence modifier after the attack is resolved. If a target marked by this power hits a creature within 10 squares of you with an attack that does not include you as a target, you can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any single creature by an amount equal to 3 (Con modifier).

Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Horde 1 (by me)
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +19
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 -- Speed: 6
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1

Vitality:
HP: 61/62, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
REGEN: 10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded: Property: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP,
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Immediate Interrupt on Horde 3]
IA: Dimensional Vortex on Horde 3 second attack vs Will
Attack: 1d20+10=21 Hit
Effect: Teleport Horde 3 to Q31, and it then makes its melee attack against Horde 2. Rujah should still have 2 HP left now.
[/sblock]
GM: Retconned. I'm going to Guess that you meant N31 since moving him to Q31 only leaves Rujah and Gensai as legal targets.

If you want to kill Horde 3 with your current actions, you must choose either Gensai or Rujah as the target of Horde 3's last attack.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Come on! Fight on, we almost have them!" Riardon calls as he seps besides Gensai and slashes at kobold swarm that harasses the swordmage.

[sblock=OOC]
I assume the map shows the corrct positions

Free: Change damage to radiant
Move: to R29
Standard: Stand the Fallen (1d20+13=25, 3d8+10=18); Efeect: each ally and Riardon my spend a healing surge. Riardon does.
Free: Amulet of Life to spend another surge.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 46 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 5 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: All,

Currently the map is not correct. [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION] had Gensai perform an Immediate Interrupt that teleported Horde 3 somewhere, and I'm attempting to make sure I put him in the right place.

I suggest we wait until I better understand Tenchuu's last move and update the map/actions/status blocks

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: Oh, good, it's not just me. There's been so much retconning here that I'm going to need to sit down and figure out where everyone is before I post.

Tenchuu

First Post
GM: Retconned. I'm going to Guess that you meant N31 since moving him to Q31 only leaves Rujah and Gensai as legal targets.

If you want to kill Horde 3 with your current actions, you must choose either Gensai or Rujah as the target of Horde 3's last attack.
OOC: Dang it. Sorry about that.

I can't see the map from work, but since my turn will kill it, just move it so it's adjacent to only me, and I'll have Gensai take the damage. Thanks,

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: The previous update has been retconned. For the record, I don't want this experience to discourage the use of IAs it comes with the territory of Mal's rules. I don' t mind the retcons if you, as players, have the patience to wait for updates.

BTW: Since my mistake made BB's IA illegal, it is not considered expended.

For the benefit of @Tenchuu (Rujah), @evilbob (Mervin), and @BenBrown (Fenwick), I've posted an interim update to eliminate confusion. This post takes into account the actions of Gensai and Riardon in the previous two posts of this round.
[sblock=Status]
Ruajah: P30 1/62 HP 10/12 HS 1AP Bloodied Prone
Gensai: R30 45/62 HP 10/11 HS 1AP Regen 10 +3THP
Riardon: R29 46/54 HP 6/8 HS 0AP
Fenwick: Q29 33/55 HP 11/11 HS 0AP
Mervin: R28 18/40 HP 8/8 HS 0AP Bloodied

Kobold Horde: 1 S30 37/84 Bloodied Marked by Gensai's AoS
Kobold Horde: 2 O31 9/84 Bloodied
Wyrmguard Scout 1: O34 75/75
Wyrmguard Scout 2: P37 75/75

Kobold Horde: 3 Q31 -7/84 Dead
Ironstone Gargoyle 1: Dead
Ironstone Gargoyle 2: Dead
Runespiral Demon Dead
Troll: N28-O29 -5/100 Dead
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary17.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
WyrmguardScout.png

KoboldHorde.png

PoisonDartTrap-3.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: So was this update before any of us moved? Also, you've got the status line for Fenwick wrong, since that first attack did hit him

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: BB: Thanks

This last update is after Riardon and Gensai, but before Fenwick, Mervin, and Rujah.

*edit* The "mechanics" section was redundant. I took it out.

Last edited:

Remove ads