[Adventure] Little Workshop of Horrors (Judge: stonegod)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The last construct quickly falls to your blows. Once the battle dies down, Maerek walks over to the nearest body and cautiously turns it over with his foot. "By the gods, what happened here?" he mutters to himself.

[sblock=You win!]Status:
Belanaar: 32/40
Canus: 40/40+5
kal'Tarron: 51/56
Riann: 37/62
Venakhad: 42/49
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
As the dust settles, the fight ended, footsteps can be heard echoing down the passageway towards them from the direction they came. A gruff voice is also heard though the words blur with the echo.

"...herrrthe hell am I damn your eyes and where in the hells are the crimson colored..."

Not long after the owner of the voice walks into view. The group recognises him as the madman that hurled abuse at noone in particular and everyone in general back at the tavern. Now though he is covered in muck as though he has slipped over at some point.

"Ah thundercrack! There you all are! And still alive, thank the Storm! I thought I was going to die down here lost in these tunnels before I ever found you again."

He raises an eye as he looks at the decimated constructs littering the ground.

"I see you are not completely bereft of talent. That will do you well to stave off the crimson stain!"

He then joins the group with no further explanation as if they had been expecting his arrival and his joining the group was taken for granted.

OOC: Hey everyone! Sorry I'm late! Cheers THB for including me :) . I'll get to work on a mini-sheet for Moses asap.

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Tsk, tsk, [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] , always showing up to the party late ;) Just teasin', welcome to the adventure, I'm glad to have you with us!

Belanaar brushes himself off, a proud smirk on his face as he gallantly slings his bow on his back, adjusting his quiver and his cloak. As the madman yells to himself and meets them amidst the gory destruction, Belanaar is surprised to see him.

"And who the hell are you? I suppose you have either come to help find what's been plaguing good Maerek's mentor, or to loot this place, a raving madman as yourself."

Pentius

First Post
Canus looks toward Moses with a smile, a twinkle in his eye. "Ah, good to see you caught up. This group needed some color."

jbear

First Post
"Maerek ... is that the name of the artificer who has brought you down into the heart of the crimson storm, is it? And you say I am the madman? Bite down hard of that tongue, elf, before it shakes loose of that empty head! I am here because a storm rages within these halls of artifice. A storm that plagues my sleep with nightmare visions of creatures twisted by its most terrible and unnatural power. I have come to end this abomination. The true lord of Thunder and Lightning has sent you here to aid me. And if Maerek's Mentor is involved, then I can perhaps help you as well."

GROMkill

First Post
"Whatever. Just don't get in front of my arrows, unless you want one in your neck." It is obvious that the young elf is putting on a front to look very cold to the newcomer.

jbear

First Post
"Fret not for my safety from your wayward arrows. I will be standing behind you."

Moses moves to inspect the rubble left by the remains of the monstrous contructs trying to make some sense of it or perhaps encounter something of meaning amongst the wreckage.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Maerek looks more than a little surprised by the sudden arrival, but he recovers quickly. "Well, I won't turn down any help at this point. Once you're all ready to go, we should keep moving."

GM: Translation: Short rest time.

The artificer continues to lead you through the passages, but thankfully you are not attacked again. Soon you come to a large circular room, the center of which is dominated by a massive furnace. No one is currently tending it, but you can still feel the incredible heat radiating off its metal surface. There are also several closed doors, leading deeper into the facility.

"Ah, good. So, from here, we just need to-"

A sudden noise causes Maerek and the rest of you, to turn around in surprise. You see a man stagger into your field of vision. A man, or most of one. His left arm is missing at the shoulder. The wound looks fresh, but cauterized. His right hand is missing some fingers, and the tortured way he moves suggests that his tattered and bloodied workman's uniform hides further injuries. The man moves towards you, his arm stretched out placatingly, but he collapses after a few steps.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Venakhad rushes toward the man, healing salves at the ready and prayer of healing prepared if the man is too wounded to survive the ministrations.

OOC: will use healing word if the man seems in imminent danger of death. Otherwise, Heal check to stabilize and help.

Remove ads