• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

4E [Adventure] Little Workshop of Horrors (Judge: stonegod)

Pentius

Villager
Canus fades out of existence just as the arrow strikes the wall. His voice is heard behind Belanaar, low, but obviously amused. "Where are you aiming? Also, you broke an arrow. Bad form, that." Canus shakes a finger from his new position just behind the archer.

OOC: Sorry, THB, things were slow, GROM and I wanted to stir the pot ;)
 

GROMkill

Villager
Belanaar's patience runs very thin as the man continues to harass him. Feeling every urge to fight back with the taunting, the young elf boy speaks. "If you insist on disappearing and running like a crazed woman if and when real trouble arises, don't expect to get away without an arrow in your back. I've had it with your biting cruelty, and I am holding onto every inch of my willpower not to send a barrage of arrows your way, seeking blood."
 

Pentius

Villager
"Oh, very well. But one day, son, you're going to end up in a situation where you need skin thicker than wet tissue paper. I'm quite surprised you survived in Sharn as you were. I'd have expected crueler men than I to have beaten that ego out of you by now." Canus slips back to the wall, silent as the night fog.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: What fun I miss :( I'll be off line 20-27th and with very little posting before start of September. Venakhad WOULD step in before it came to bows, but it's obviously too late now.

Belanaars head:
"Remember, young one, there is nothing to prove. He's biting because you're reacting. And he's comments show HIS true colors. You don't have to stoop so low to dignify him with response. Keep your emotions in check, battle field is not place of emotional outbursts."

Canus' head:
"Don't overdo it. We need his bow and you may depend on it soon. Jadedness has it's advantages, but it may land you in trouble you don't need. Let the boy be for the moment."

Aloud:
"You two will attract everything and everyone within miles. Focus on the task at hand."
 
OOC: Sorry, THB, things were slow, GROM and I wanted to stir the pot ;)
GM: Haha, fair enough. I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like, actually. The next two weeks are going to be pretty busy for me.


"I have some training in the arcane, perhaps I can be of assistance" Riaan offers.
"Thank you for the offer, but it is unnecessary," the artificer replies as he spreads some sort of gel over the crack between the doors. "This will take more of time than actual effort. I know how Thurven does things like this." He takes another look at Riaan, "Still, if you are interested, feel free to observe."

"You two will attract everything and everyone within miles. Focus on the task at hand."
Maerek rises from his work and turns to the party. "Exactly. Little is ever accomplished through reckless words and thoughtless action. Patience and planning typically win the day."

There is a fizzing noise from behind him, and the doors part slightly. "Ah, and there we go." He turns back to the doors and with slight effort pushes them open.

The entrance room is quite large, with many columns helping to support the building. However, the only light in the room is that coming in through the doorway.

In the partial light you catch glimpses of ruin. Overturned workbenches, scattered tools, and destroyed machinery. You also see several dark stains splattered across the floors and columns, but you are too far away to determine their nature. What you don't see are people, living or otherwise. It is also completely silent within.

Maerek looks very concerned. "This... is not what I expected." He swallows, "Come, we need to find out what happened."
 

Pentius

Villager
Canus slips his rod out of its holster under his coat and walks into the room. "Odd," he whispers, "Usually rooms don't look this trashed until I'm leaving them."
 
The sunrod lights up the room while also causing the columns to cast long shadows against the walls. What's revealed is more of the same: scattered tools and dark stains. However, the light does allow kal'Tarron to see that not all the stains were caused by the same liquid. Some of them are blood stains, but just as many are not, probably caused by oil or other liquids used in the workshop.

You still don't see any bodies. Which is odd, given how much blood has been splattered around. What you do see, is a door on the far wall. It is partially open.
 

renau1g

Villager
Riaan shivers involuntarily at the sight, "Was your master experimenting with dark creaures or did he have enemies who could have breached his workshop?" the man asks Maerek, not yet stepping foot inside.
 

GROMkill

Villager
Tentatively stepping in, Belanaar looks around the beaten up foyer. Very aware, his eyes dart between the blood spatters, overturned furniture and the open door opposite them.

"Looks like somebody pissed another somebody off." he mutters, audible for his companions to hear. Pointing to the door in the wall, Belanaar slowly steps toward it with intentions to peek around the already-half-opened door.
 
Last edited:

Pentius

Villager
Canus sees Belanaar go toward the door, and stops him with a hand across the chest. "Let me." he whispers, just loud enough for the lad to hear, "I've been stabbed before. If something stabby is over there, I'll take the heat."
 
Riaan shivers involuntarily at the sight, "Was your master experimenting with dark creaures or did he have enemies who could have breached his workshop?" the man asks Maerek, not yet stepping foot inside.
"I, I don't think so. I mean, Thurven wasn't always as careful as he should have been, but I can't imagine he'd allow something like this to happen. But perhaps some group of bandits decided to rob him?"

The door leads to a winding hallway with many branching paths. Maerek inspects the passages briefly, "Hmm, maybe we'll find answers in Thurven's quarters. Well, I'm pretty sure I know the way."

[sblock=Perception 20]As Maerek turns to tell you this, you hear the sound of metal scraping on stone from the hallway beyond.[/sblock]
 

GROMkill

Villager
OOC: Wasn't sure if it was able to be passive'd, so I rolled for it anyway.


Belanaar's eyebrows raise and his scowl temporarily disappears as he hears a slight grinding sound in the hallway somewhere past Maerek.

"Maerek! Get back! There is someone or some... thing there!" He grabs the man by his shoulder and pulls him back a foot or two from the door.

[sblock=Mechanics]Perception Roll for Scraping Noise 1d20+14=24[/sblock]
 
OOC: Wasn't sure if it was able to be passive'd, so I rolled for it anyway.
GM: Unless I say otherwise, assume you can use your passive.


Maerek allows himself to be pulled back and looks down the hallway. There is no sound or movement. "Perhaps it was just some machinery? We still need to go down there."
 

Pentius

Villager
Canus shrugs and begins to creep carefully and quietly down the hallway. "How did I get stuck on point?" he thinks. "That'll teach me to stick my neck out." Slowly turning his rod over in his fingers, Canus keeps his eyes open, and remains ready to jump back at the first sign of danger.
 
You move through corridor after corridor, down stairwell after stairwell. The hallways are lined with doors, but Maerek seems to know where he's going. Mostly. Occasionally he leads you down a dead-end or in a circle, but he always manages to reorient himself with a minimum of time wasted. The hallways are just as empty and silent as the main workshop. The occasional bloodstain mars the walls, but you still see no sign of who caused this destruction.

No sign, that is, until you reach an intersection between two corridors. Suddenly the rooms around you seem to erupt with the sound of metal skittering over stone. Maerek looks from side to side, fear plain on his face. Whatever is causing this noise will be on you in a matter of moments.

GM: Initiative and a rough marching order, if you please.
 

rb780nm

Villager
OOC: Initiative (1d20+4=12)

Second from the front, ideally




[sblock=Quick Stats]kal'Tarron, Deva Avenger 6 Speaks in Bold Purple[/B
HP 56/56 Temp HP 0 Initiative +4 AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 19, Will 19 AP 1, Surges 8/8, (14hp)

+1 defense against bloodied creature, Resist 8 Necrotic, Radiant, 2 Posion, Censure of Retribution, Sanguine Vestments +1 (+1 defense when OoE target is bloodied), Amulet of Health +1, Coif of Mindiron

Bond of Retribution Radiant Vengeance Avenging Echo Halo of Fire Oath of Emnity Chanel Divinity Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes Bloodclaw Great Axe Coif of MindironAspect of Might Blessing of Vengeance Couter of Second Chances Menacing Presence Wrath of the Divine
Special [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top