log in or register to remove this ad

 

Adventure - Long Live the Queen (group 1) [Boddynock judging]

B4cchus

First Post
This is the adventure thread for TEAM 1 in the adventure Long live the Queen.

Characters:
Team 1
Saithnar NG male elan Psion (Telepath) 2 [Phoenix8008],
Quintaine Vos CN male lightfoot halfling Rogue 1 [GDI7007],
Jallembo CN male human Rogue 2 [Amaury].
Dorrin CG male human cleric (Grendath) 1 [thegreyman].
Ximix LN male high elf Cleric (Gliran) 2 [Ximix].

Conventions:
You can make your own rolls using IC.
Use quoted text for speech, italics for thoughts and an OOC in front of out of character text.

[sblock=adventure notes, DM only]
You shouldn't be peeking here!
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Phoenix8008

First Post
"I am ready when the others are." Saithnar says as he enjoys a last puff of his pipe before putting it away to be ready for going into the mine. Shouldering his backpack and clutchng his staff, the red haired man makes ready to journey into the earth.
 



thegreyman

First Post
ooc:Dorrin can take point, and can carry a torch, but would prefer not to (he needs his shield up front). If someone close behind can carry the torch, I'll be a much better wall.
 

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I can carry one of my sunrods in my spare hand." volunteers Saithnar.

OOC: As for marching order, Saithnar would prefer to be 3rd or 4th in a single line formation, or in the second rank of a 10' wide formation.
 

Amaury

First Post
"Ok, the fun starts now!

Regarding the marching order, I suggest that Quint and myself venture ahead, at least 60 feet in front, so we can scout without raising the alarm too quickly. Quint, I say, you walk in front of me so that I can fire arrows above your head, yeah? If we discover something we come back and discuss with the rest of the group... Everyone happy?"
Jallembo proposes.

He draws his shortbow and gets an arrow ready.
 

thegreyman

First Post
"Hmmm, I think it would be better for us all to travel as a pack. If both of you need light, then the ants would be able to see you and be upon you before we could react. As this is an ants burrow and not an evil creatures den, we shouldn't have to worry about traps. It might be best if we worked close together as one blade." Dorrin counters.

If me and Quint took the lead with Saithnar and Ximix right behind, you could still fire arrows into the faces of our foes, right Jallembo?"
 

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo raises his eyebrows half-surprised and bemused. He replies: "Err.. I'm not an expert in ants but I believe they react to vibrations, from sound and movement.. you know these stick-things popping out of their heads.. antennas..
so they'll hear us before they'll see us.. Makes sense to me to gain parity with them by seeing them before they can hear us.. cleric.."
 

thegreyman

First Post
Dorrin cocks his head at Jallembo, slightly confused. "But you won't be seeing them before they see you... All the ants I've ever seen aren't encumbered by darkness. You're gonna need a light to see them, and they'll be able to see that coming."

He shrugs. "Still, if you and Quint want point, you can have it. I'll get up there as soon as possible to get the ants off of you, but it might take me a few seconds." He grins as he slaps his bulky armor.
 

Phoenix8008

First Post
"If you wish to go further forward, I cannot stop you, but if you are too far ahead my skills will be useless for a short bit while I catch up to you..." Saithnar says to the others.
 
Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
thegreyman said:
Dorrin cocks his head at Jallembo, slightly confused. "But you won't be seeing them before they see you... All the ants I've ever seen aren't encumbered by darkness. You're gonna need a light to see them, and they'll be able to see that coming."

He shrugs. "Still, if you and Quint want point, you can have it. I'll get up there as soon as possible to get the ants off of you, but it might take me a few seconds." He grins as he slaps his bulky armor.

Jallembo shrugs: "Sure, but we may simply be able to spot the entrance of the hive.. or we can limit our light radius and hear their activity.. Let's see what the others have to say.."
 

Amaury

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"If you wish to go further forward, I cannot stop you, but if you are too far ahead my skills will be useless for a short bit while I catch up to you..." Saithnar says to the others.

"What skills do you talk of??" Jallembo asks in a slightly suspicious tone. could he be the one with mind control powers? he thinks
 

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
Jallembo shrugs: "Sure, but we may simply be able to spot the entrance of the hive.. or we can limit our light radius and hear their activity.. Let's see what the others have to say.."

Looking at the other members of the group, the slender Elf looks at Jallembo and shrugs slightly. "I am no tactician. I will travel in the middle or back ranks to best use my healing on those who become injured. I will be carrying my shield, but I could also carry a lantern or torch. If an ant breaks through the ranks I can drop the torch and use my sword."




OOC: my apologies, out of state travel and then stomach flu has kept me from the boards.
 

GDI7007

First Post
"Yeah uh Ill stumble forward as long as i dont get chomped in half" Quint Says...

[sblock=OOC]Are we going any where?[/sblock]
 

thegreyman

First Post
Ximix said:
...If an ant breaks through the ranks I can drop the torch and use my sword."[/b]

"If an ant breaks through, I'm gonna be dead so you might want to run." Dorrin laughs as he says this. "Well, it seems most of us are in agreement. Quint and Jallembo will scout, I'll follow behind with Saithnar and Ximix. Let's see if there are some spare torches around, and get this extermination started."
 



Ximix

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OK, how about this for marching order: Jallembo, Quint, Dorrin, Saithnar, Ximix. Seems to be what most have agreed to so far.

OOC: When two abreast works then Jallembo and Quint in first rank then Dorrin and Saithnar in second rank and Ximix in back. (IF I understand correctly)
Ximix is ready to go, lit torch in hand and shield strapped on...
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top