Adventure - Long Live the Queen (group 1) [Boddynock judging]

Amaury

First Post
OOC: in narrow passages, Quint first, me behind. ;)

Looking at his comrades-in-arms, Jallembo asks: "Ok, are we all ready? Torches, weapon?.. Good luck to all.."

He looks at Quint and says: "Quint, you take the torch.. we're on the move... cautious boy, cautious.."

He then steps forward into the dark corridor..

B4cchus

Explorer
You step into the dark corridor of the mine. The mine tunnel looks decent enough to trust. The torch light flickers off the stone walls and support beams but reveals nothing of an giant ant manifestation.
There is a set of tracks on the ground with a shallow gutter next to it.
After you continue down the tunnel for about 100 feet there is a new corridor on your left hand. The tracks, however, only continue down the 'main' corridor.
Ahead you see the main corridor extend beyond the light of your torches,

Phoenix8008

First Post
At the intersection, Saithnar leans his staff against the wall and pulls out his chalk piece. Drawing a large arrow on the wall pointing back towards the entrance, he then holds up his sunrod to inspect it. Nodding in satisfaction, he puts his chalk away and considers the two tunnels.

"Do we go forward following the tracks, or veer away to the left?" the red haired Psion asks the others.

thegreyman

First Post
"The left seems to be a better choice. It may end sooner, so it would be great to seal one side passage off without fear of enemies being down it. Either way, we should always pick the same direction so we seal off areas of the mine at a time, rather than hodge podge it." Dorrin sheathes his sword to scratch his chin before redrawing his weapon.

"I'll trust our scouts to pick the direction, for if we always bear left or bear right. Just remember to mark the tunnels we explore."

ooc: Did the other group go in on our right or our left? I think we should go away from them so we don't cross into each other's zones quite yet...

B4cchus

Explorer
Some extra information: If you look down the secondary tunnel you see it runs further than any of you can see but there is another tunnel on the right side of the secondary tunnel, about 30 feet from the intersection that you are standing on now. That other tunnel runs paralel to the main tunnel.

Ximix

First Post
OOC: How wide / tall are these tunnels? Can we move easily two abreast? If the front had to come to the back quickly is there room to maneuver?
Ximix quietly follows along, apparently satisfied with the groups decisions, though he does cast a doubtful eye towards the tunnels they leave on their exposed rear flank...

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: On a side note, I'm going to be moving this weekend so I'll probably not be posting Saturday or Sunday. Might not have internet for a few days after that from home, but I'll be able to post from work M-F without problem.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"We can go to the left if you wish. I have no objection. Though the other entrance that Team 2 went in is in that direction." Saithnar comments. "I shall keep marking the walls as we go."

Amaury

First Post
As they scout ahead, Jallembo checks the tracks to ascertain their origin and number. He will do the same for the left hand corridor and the one immediately on the right so as to get an idea of the traffic nature and volume.

HE will go back to the group to report his findings.

Remove ads