• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Love Bites

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Can someone save Mikara? I could essentially do it by changing my actions, if Covaithe permits? My plan would be to teleport next to her and shove a healing potion down her throat
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I'm fine if you want to use your potion on Kathalia instead of yourself. However, using a potion on someone else is a standard action, not a minor. That's on top of the minor action it takes to get it out. (So atreus couldn't use it himself this round anyway, without sacrificing his move or standard action.)

nerdytenor

First Post
"Ooooh, this dragon is making me VERY GRUMPY!" Kathalia says, her voice rising. Her words take on a supernatural tinge as her armor augments her voice, placing a seed of doubt in the dragon's mind (use armor power - dragon gets -2 on attacks TENT Kathalia)

Kathalia raises her totem at the dragon. "Burn, burn, burn!" she shouts. A small ring of flame appears around the dragon. A modest display, compared to the horror of the dragon's breath attacks, but effective, nonetheless. (Flame seed hits for 8 fire damage, and squares adjacent to dragon become a zone TENT Kathalia - if dragon moves or starts its turn in zone, it takes 4 fire damage. Kathalia heals four from hitting the dragon. She makes her save)

[sblock=Kathalia Stat Block]
Kathalia, Elf Druid 3
Passive Perception 22, Passive Insight 15
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 17
HP 30/36 Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 7/9
Speed 8, Initiative +5
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Elf Form
Bow at S12
Speed 12 while in wolf form till end of encounter

Encounter Resources
Darting Bite
USED Predator's Flurry
USED Elven Accuracy (+ feat)
USED Screaming Hide Armor
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Healing Word
Amulet of Resolution
USED Fleet Pursuit
USED Fires of Life
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Still rooted to the spot, Tristan snarls at the dragon in frustration. "This is getting really, really annoying!" Amidst his yelling he pulls a potion from his belt and downs it, closing some of his wounds.

He hurls another bolt of radiance at the dragon, but it washes over its scales harmlessly. "Aaagh! If you die before I can stick my sword in you, I'm going to be right mad!" He's so angry at the dragon that he doesn't even notice that the potion seems to have stopped his bleeding.
[sblock=OOC]Alright guys, we only need to do another 42 damage (assuming Atreus doesn't change his actions) to bring this beastie down. The end is in sight :) I was thinking of tossing a potion to Mikara since I still can't move, but that wouldn't help since she'd have to use one of her actions to drink it, by which point she'd be unconscious. Guess someone else has to be the hero :(

Start of turn: 5 ongoing damage.

Minor: draw potion.
Move: drink potion, heal 10 hp. No longer bloodied, for the time being.
Standard: Radiant Vengeance vs. dragon: 19 vs. Ref. Close, but no cigar.
Burning Elven Accuracy to reroll: 12. No luck ... sorry guys.

Save vs. ongoing & immob: 1d20-2+2=17
Save vs. -2 to attacks: 1d20-2=4

No more ongoing damage and I can move! Yay![/sblock][sblock=Tristan stats]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 2
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:17 -- Speed:7
HP:20/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:5/9
+2 item bonus to saves vs. poison keyword, weakened, slowed, immobilized.
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Radiant Vengeance

Angelic Alacrity
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade

Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
-2 to attacks (se)
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Dang! And I was drawing up a Minotaur Barbarian (j/k ;)). Thanks. It seems that it just isn't worth it to be the first to draw blood on a grey.

Let's see: She was at 3. She took 10og and got 10 back, so she's at 3 again? This means she can take actions?

Or did Atreaus wait until she passed out (in which case, she would be at 10. That's odd). Either way, she didn't make her save this turn, so she goes unconscious next turn. Hate to say it but this may have been all for naught.

Let's at least hope she makes her saves.[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well, what do you prefer, before or after ? I'd say after but that's your call. You still have a some actions this round, make good use of them ;) and she only takes 5 ongoing damage, not 10.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Atriden is right; you're only taking 5 og. The potion takes you up 10 to 13. Then you take 5 at the start of your turn, putting you at 8. You take actions (yet to be determined). You fail the save (already rolled), so you take 5 more at the start of your next turn, which still leaves you standing. (For now, of course.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads