• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

two

First Post
Round 13

Round 13 (truly amazing it’s lasted this long)

LongTooth 20
Hallidor 20
Slinker 17
Ogrin 16
Stinker 14
Raz 13
Zaeryl 13
Juliana 6
Almayce 6
Vargo & Wolf 1

I6: (last round) Almayce heals up Hallidor to full, for him. He’s covered in blood, and has a rather scary gleam in his eye. Both eyes, actually.

I20: LongTooth, scowling at the rabid doggie, steps back 5’ and whacks it one last time. After this, he’s got bigger fish to fry (as it were). “7” indicates a dag-blasted miss! IC is paying you back; LongTooth’s gotten below “10” on about 5 rolls in a row. Obnoxious.

I20: Hallidor continues to “ready” a re-pin action.

I17: Slinker, in desperate straits, drops to 0 hit points and, not knowing what else to do, transforms back into human form, thinking that perhaps this will at least stop the bleeding. Alas, it does not – what Hallidor now holds is a rather slender male human, with a thin moustache and deep-set rodent-y eyes, who looks up into his face in a way that might be unstood as pleading – before his eyes close in unconsciousness, a result of the lycanthropic transformation haven beeen taken (rather, the exertions thereof).

Hallidor breaks his ready action and instead stands up. Slinker is at his feet, moving slowly but surely to the great beyond.

Hallidor is breathing heavily, and stares down at the blood covering his arms and hands. He looks puzzled for a moment, as if wondering if Hallidor is Hallidor, if this blood is his or the WereRat’s, if this battle is a turning point for him or the start of a long journey. He glances over at Razh, bleeding profusely, and at Stinker. Hallidor seems to make a decision; he smiles grimly, flexing his fingers and hands, staring hard at Stinker. It seems likely that Stinker is in for a good old-fashioned wrassle -- and soon.

I16: Ogrin fails to bleed, spectacularly.

I14: Stinker, shaken and rather stirred (in a negative way), attempts to overcome his fear and take care of the problem: the problem being Razh. He once against dexterously pokes with his rapier, and bites with his ratty bite. His rapier hits, nearly critically, doing “4” points of damage; Razh now has a nice hole in his thigh. It feels, well, rather bad. Interestingly, Stinker also takes a 5’ step – BACK. He also opens his mouth and says something loudly is WereRattish. It sounds like a plea of some sort – if you were to hazard a guess.

I13: Razh steps up to the plate, and, with his intimidating presence, “17” vs. “1” completely intimidates poor Stinker. He then raises his axe above his head, whooping and hollarin’ as only Razh can whoop-n-holla, and swings a mighty swing.

*WHHOOOSH*

That’s the sound of Razh cutting air.

I13: Z does what Z does. Nothing.

I6: Juliana: Slinker is at Hallidor’s feet, unconscious and bleeding. You can modify your action, if desired, given the new info…

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana says to Almayce "Heal Vargo, I'll help Raz." and then will move to attack Stinker, flanking him, and using a regular attack (+4 to hit including flanking bonus, d8+3 2 handed, x2 crit). She will continue to help Raz attack Stinker, trying to keep him flanked if possable. (Should give you a few rounds of actions).

Vargo

First Post
Vargo, Human Druid (-7/7hp)

Vargo continues to bleed out.

OOC: [sblock]I had a shock when I went back through and noticed the bat bleeding damage - I would have collapsed around round 5. That's what I get for being away for as long as I was. Then I looked up the Druid's animal companion "share spells" rules, and it looks like that cure minor wounds could be used on both of us - so hopefully we'll just go with that interpretation.[/sblock]

Xael

First Post
Vargo said:
Vargo continues to bleed out.

OOC: [sblock]I had a shock when I went back through and noticed the bat bleeding damage - I would have collapsed around round 5. That's what I get for being away for as long as I was. Then I looked up the Druid's animal companion "share spells" rules, and it looks like that cure minor wounds could be used on both of us - so hopefully we'll just go with that interpretation.[/sblock]
OOC: Vargo should be healed to 1 hit points at Almayce's turn, and he acts after Almayce. And I can't see anything disallowing the share spell thing. It's quite a nice trick, actually. :D

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Share spells only works on spells cast by the druid on himself while his companion 5 feet away. If you cast it on yourself, then you're good, otherwise, it won't help.

two

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Share spells only works on spells cast by the druid on himself while his companion 5 feet away. If you cast it on yourself, then you're good, otherwise, it won't help.

If it was an "obvious" thing, that any Druid worth his salt knows about (share spells) (in the game world), and this seems to be the case, I'll go back in time and change the target of Vargo's casting from "da dog" to "myself" which takes care of all the problems.

So, back in time, both Doggie and Vargo get 1 HP back and stop the bleeding.

And, not so coincidentally, that puts us right on line for Round 13.

two

First Post
Round 14

I6: Juliana moves over to poor Stinker and lays into him. A roll of “9” indicates a miss… but Stinker sure ain’t happy about being flanked.

I6: Almayce moves over to Vargo and Almayces him, i.e. heals him. For a guy that’s called Almayce, i.e. “all mace” (presumably all the time), Almayce is mighty wary of melee.

I1: Vargo finds himself prone and looking around at a rather chaotic scene…and does something… Huln, liking his chances now, attacks again. “16” indicates a hit! Amazing. Damage is 1 point after DR! Huln draws blood! Go Huln Go. Oh, and Huln might actually trip LongTooth. 16/12, and manages to trip LT! LT down.

Round 14 (who wudda thought)

{Vargo has an action from last round to do}

LongTooth 20
Hallidor 20
Slinker 17
Ogrin 16
Stinker 14
Raz 13
Zaeryl 13
Juliana 6
Almayce 6
Vargo & Wolf 1

I20: Longtooth, hearing Stinker’s cry, stands up and moves away from Huln and flanks Razh. Huln gets an AOO, which LongTooth doesn’t much care about. “20”. Ok. That’s not good. Is Huln’s attack a critical? “6”. Nope, but still, another bite. But does no damage. Still, the trip stops LT from getting an attack on Razh.

I20: Hallidor, looking a little bit scary, squeezes next to Juliana and attempts to wrassle old Stinker. Stinker gets an AOO, but at –2 to hit because he’s intimidated and shaken. He rolls a “13” which is a “11” due to the penalty and misses be-sheilded and be-chained and slightly dexterous Hallidor.

“YOU NEXT” speaks Hallidor, “reaching out for the WereRat’s arm, “YOU NEXT.”

Hallidor/Stinker. “20” and “18”. Hallidor is on a serious, serious “roll.” He starts grappling Stinker. Stinker loses his Dex to AC, no longer threatens an area, and does not look happy.

I17: Slinker bleeds.

I16: Ogrin does not bleed.

I14: Stinker desperately tries to escape the grapple. “3” and “8”. He manages to escape, but where to? Back to the rock. Between a rock and a hard place. Razh, Hallidor, Juliana – all looking very cranky. So, Stinker bolts. He moves into the “squeeze” area between the rock and Razh, provoking movement AOO’s all over the place (from Hallidor and Razh). Hallidor attempts to grapple him again. “9” touch attack, manages the trick. Opposed roll is H/St = “6” and “3”. Hallidor manages to keep up his grapple, and moves into the square. Raz also gets his whack in. “8” does not manage it to hit Stinker.

Stinker very unhappy.

I13: Raz decides to beat the crap outta Stinker, after intimidating him again. “19” vs. “6”. Yeah, Stinker actually wets his cruddy leather armor – really not something Hallidor, in quite close contact, wanted to have happen.

Raz carefully aims, so as not to behead Hallidor, and swings. “18”. KerTHUMP. More like, KER-CHOP.

Does 5!!!!! Points of damage. And Stinker ignores it.

[Truly amazing there, IC].

I6: Juliana steps up to the plate and hacks away at the grappled and intimidated Stinker. “1”. She actually hits the rock wall behind him. Quite a display of sparks.

I6: Almayce does something…can’t quite move close enough to heal anyone… I’ve moves Almayce into the “action” zone…

I1: Vargo and Huln do stuff. What?

Attachments

• boothill_battle14.jpg
    boothill_battle14.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 93

Vargo

First Post
Vargo, Human Druid (1/7hp)

On the previous round, Vargo stands up from prone, and moves next to Huln. On the next round Vargo casts Magic Fang on Huln, then says to Huln, "Go get 'im!" pointing at Longtooth.

Huln will continue the good 'ol bite 'n trip attack combo that has worked so well for him in this combat. </sarcasm> :D

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Almayce, 10/10 HP, Ac 10

Round 14: Almayce heals himself for 9 points and is fully recovered!

Round 15: Almayce waits for a chance to heal somebody.

OOC: Shouldn't Huln get to try to trip Longtooth again, when his AoO hit him?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads