• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Maps

What kind of pdf adventure maps do you prefer?

• I prefer grayscale maps for printing out.

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • I prefer color maps for printing out.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other or I never use PDF adventures.

Votes: 17 24.6%

pogre

Legend
If you had to choose would you prefer color maps or gray scale maps for pdf adventures? I had been operating under the assumption most folks would prefer to print out grayscale maps, but I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

Edit: please don't try to sit on the fence and say both - obviously two versions of the map would be ideal, but what I'm trying to determine is if most folks would print the color version.

Turanil

First Post
I voted "other". My preference goes to line art maps, that print easier (on my poor printer) and waste less ink than grayscale. But then, as much as I could print a grayscale map, I don't care for color maps, since I would print them in black and white.

Crothian

First Post
Depends on how colorful and how much of my poor ink the map will consume. But for the most part I don't print oout maps. I can put it up on the screen and let the PCs use it that way.

Iron Sheep

First Post
pogre said:
If you had to choose would you prefer color maps or gray scale maps for pdf adventures? I had been operating under the assumption most folks would prefer to print out grayscale maps, but I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

In general, grey-scale or black and white would be preferable for me, since I primarily use a laser printer for printing. But there are some exceptions: anything which is meant to be a player hand-out is better in colour, and wilderness maps are generally better in colour (although I might still print them out in B&W).

Corran

IronWolf

blank
I prefer grayscale maps for printing. Just about all of the maps I print are done on an old black and white laser printer. But as others have said, I can always print in black and white even if the map is in color.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads