• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Time to end your ceramony Dhakanmirr! Alnar shouts firing Acid Orbs at the mirrior.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Stand up from prone:
Move to AS 18 (drawing OA, Alnar takes 10 damage). Is at 3 HP (+2 healing from dragonling.)

Action Point
Rolls:
Standard: Acid Orb Mirror
20 vs reflex, 12 damage

Action Point, Acid Orb mirror (if it is not destroyed (assuming the orb hurt it))or Dhakanmirr

23 vs reflex, 10 damage

[sblock=stats]
Alnar Male Human Sorcerer 2
Conditions: Alnar has 5 fire resistance. +2 healing surge value (Dragonling), Exposed to Filth Fever, ignores 5 fire resistance.
Scales of Dragon in effect
Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +11, Init: +1
AC: 13+2, Fort: 14, Reflex: 13, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6
HP: 3/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 0/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used, Milestones: 1
Basic Attack Quarterstaff +5 vs AC 1d8+2
Ranged Basic Attack Acid Orb +5 vs. Reflex 1d10+4+2 acid damage
Powers-
Burning Spray, Acid Orb, Blazing Starfall
Thundering Roar
Ice Javelins
Majestic Word
Inspiring Fortitude

Conditions -

Draco: (inactive)
Defense same as above.
Speed 5, fly 6 (hover)
1/1 HP
Dragon's breath

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] - This is partly my bad for not indicating on the tracking box, but your move action is invalid, as you're still prone from being knocked out. You can still take your attack actions as posted but you'll need to roll another OA from the other tendril with a +2 to hit as prone grants combat advantage. Otherwise you can retcon your actions to stand, shift, then use your AP to hit the mirror just once. Let me know what you want to do.

I'll update again on Monday. Have a good weekend all!

pacdidj

First Post
*SMASH*

The mirror flies apart into a hundred tiny silver slivers and Dhakanmirr stands dumbstruck, peals of thunder echoing in his mind, as his elaborately prepared ritual crashes to a halt. The hissing sound stops suddenly, and you hear an ominous low rumble.

"Fools!," cries Hekthesh, voice full of anguish, "You have destroyed all that we worked for, but you shall still face the wrath of the Eye. Look!"

Following the direction Hekthesh points with your gaze you see that the shadows collecting above the well have begun to take shape... a truly terrible shape. Hovering above the well is an apparition of horror and death: a great, floating, blind eye surrounded by decaying flesh, and a hundred pupil-less eyestalks. The phantasm seems to lack weight and substance, even more so than the wraith of King Paerlanthas. Its foothold in this reality is tenuous at best, a mere shadow of a shadow. Even still, you sense that it wields terrible and deadly power.

[sblock=Dungeoneering 12]The apparition is a dead beholder, terrible creatures, rarely seen in the Isles, that creep into this world from realms unkown.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 14]The apparition before you is only a small part of this terrible undead creature, a fragment of a vestige of its former living horror.

[sblock=Arcana 18]Though the shadow is obviously capable of inflicting great harm in this weakened state, its grip on this world is so tenuous that one well-placed strike should be able to banish it entirely back to whatever fell realm it came from.[/sblock][/sblock]

The appearance of the ghostly monster proves distraction enough for Hekthesh to break away from Sir Exsixten and launch his boomerang in a wide arc, clipping Ferris' back on its return.

While the boomerang flies, the massive phantasm roars in an unearthly voice:

[sblock=Primordial]I will feast on your blood! This world will again taste the fury of the Usurper's chosen![/sblock]

The great shadow turns its horrible gaze on Sir Exsixten, causing the mechanical knight's rotors to freeze, rooting his plated boots to the floor. Its smaller eyestalks fire off rays of decay and despair, missing the Cyr, but hitting Alnar dead-on, knocking the sorcerer to the floor, where he remains, lying still and not breathing.

The lesser shadows roil around Jezebel dealing her several blows, and wearing down the paladin's formidable endurance. Two of them break away to unleash their burden of noxious vapors, which further corrode Sir Exsixten's already-tarnished finish.

Dhakanmirr remains stock still, his mind unwilling to process the enormity of his failure, the two tjurunga sitting unguarded on the altar.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Dhakanmirr - Save vs. Stunned = fail

Hekthesh - Dark Arc recharged
Move: Shift to AJ20
Standard: :ranged:Dark Arc = misses Sir X610; hits Ferris for 10 damage; misses Jezebel (roll)

Vestige Fragment of the Submerged Eye - Move to AM16-AM17;
Minor: :ranged:Central Eye vs. Sir X610 = hit Sir X610 is immobilized until the end of vestige's next turn
Standard: :ranged:Eye Rays
Withering Ray vs. Alnar = hit for 7 necrotic damage, Alnar goes down
Sleep Ray vs. Cyr = miss

Rotshadow Tendril 6 - :bmelee:Charge Jezebel w/ Tendril Caress = miss
Rotshadow Tendril 7 - :bmelee:Charge Jezebel w/ Tendril Caress = hit for 5 damage
Rotshadow Tendril 9 - Move to AQ25; :bmelee:Tendril Caress vs. Jezebel = hit for 5 damage
Rotshadow Tendril 11 - Move to AO20; :close:Fetid Breath aimed northeast = hits Sir X610 for 5 damage, misses Ferris (roll)
Rotshadow Tendril 14 - Shift to AP23; :bmelee:Tendril Caress vs. Jezebel = miss
Rotshadow Tendril 15 - :bmelee:Tendril Caress vs. Jezebel = hit for 5 damage
Rotshadow Tendril 16 - Shift to AO23; :close:Fetid Breath aimed north = misses Sir X610, misses Ferris (roll)[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatant stats and tracking]PCs and Allies
Alnar
- AS18; -4/31 HP, dying; 0/8 surges; prone
Cyr - AU16; 22/26 HP; 3/7 surges
Ferris - AN23; 10/29 HP, bloodied; 0/8 surges
Jezebel - AQ24; 12/37 HP, bloodied; 3/12 surges
Sir Exsixten - AL22; 25/33 HP, 3 THP; 4/13 surges; grants CA to Hekthesh; exposed to filth fever

Enemies
Dhakanmirr
- AT14; 12 damage taken; stunned
? Max HP; AC: ?; Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 17

Hekthesh
- AJ20; 61 damage taken; Dark Arc used, Shadow Parry used; marked by Sir Exsixten
? Max HP; AC: 20, see also Shadow Parry; Fort: 15, Ref: 19, Will: 17
[sblock=Shadow Parry]Hekthesh will interrupt the first successful melee attack against him with :melee:Shadow Parry against the triggering creature (Attack: +10 vs. AC; Hit: 2d6+6 damage and Hekthesh shifts one square and gains total concealment till EONT). Recharges when bloodied.[/sblock]

Vestige Fragment of the Submerged Eye - AM16-AN17
? Max HP; AC: ?; Fort, Ref, Will: ?

Rotshadow Tendril 6
- AR23
Rotshadow Tendril 7 - AR24
Rotshadow Tendril 9 - AQ25; Fetid Breath used
Rotshadow Tendril 10 - dead
Rotshadow Tendril 11 - AO20; Fetid Breath used
Rotshadow Tendril 12 - dead
Rotshadow Tendril 13 - dead
Rotshadow Tendril 14 - AP23
Rotshadow Tendril 15 - AQ23; DC'd by Jezebel
Rotshadow Tendril 16 - AO23; Fetid Breath used
Minion; AC: 16; Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13
9 tendrils destroyed
[/sblock]

OOC: PCs are up!

Attachments

• E8r4.jpg
    E8r4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Jezebel gasps in astonishment, "A beholder..." Upon seeing the summoned monstrosity appear, she seriously considers throwing herself into the fast moving water in a mad effort to escape. There is only one thing stopping her from carrying out that plan: she has not yet put her hands to Dhakanmirr's throat and squeezed the life out of him. If only to herself, she cries out "No! No surrender!"

Recognizing that Ferris's actions will carry more weight than her own, Jezebel disregards the swarm of shadows surrounding her and lashes her whip at the tendril threatening the shifter. Miraculously, it disperses under the weight of her blow. She then sidesteps the swarm and puts her back to the wall, readying herself mentally for the coming onslaught.

[sblock=Stat block/Actions][sblock=Actions]Skills
Dungeoneering 14 succeeds. Arcana 13 fails.

Standard: Ardent Strike vs RT16 hits AC 16. The tendril fails its saving throw.

Move: Shift to AR25.

Minor: Divine Challenge RT7. (the DC on RT15 ends)[/sblock]PC:Jezebel (Dekana) - L4W Wiki - Female Tiefling Paladin 2
Initiative +3, Senses: Insight +7, Perception +1; low-light vision
HP 12/37; Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 3/12
AC 21; Fortitude 16, Reflex 17, Will 17
Resist 5 fire
Speed 5
Action Points 0

Conditions
Infected with Filth Fever (initial stage)
Bloodied

Powers
Ardent Strike, Divine Challenge, Enfeebling Strike
Divine Mettle, Divine Strength, Infernal Wrath, Second Wind, Valorous Smite, Virtue
Majestic Halo, Virtue's Touch

Other notes
Bloodhunt: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against bloodied foes.
Whip Training: 1 / round when hitting target with whip, target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls to a target of Jezebel's choice until the end of her next turn.
[/sblock]
OOC: I think this is looking bad, heh. Does Ferris have a healing word left to get Alnar up? Maybe he can roast the RTs all clustered together. Jezebel is really pretty useless against those things; I'd rather get to the Vestige and try to keep it locked down. Edit: Oh, Alnar is out of surges. :-S

Also, hooray for Cyr's daily!

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: If you need to retreat, go ahead and make a run for it. I expected Alnar to be out of the fight this round, so I'm ready to sacrifice him for the sake of the party. You might want to grab the tjurungas if you can.

Hopefully Dhakanmirr does not have another mirror ;)

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
TRY TO RUN AWAY COWARD, SIR EXSIXTEN IS... SIR EXSIXTEN STARES AT HIS LOCOMOTION GIZMOS IN WONDER, THEN TURNS TO THE CITIZENS. NOT ONLY DO THEY TURN THE VERY WALLS AND SHADOWS AGAINST US, SIR EXSIXTEN'S VERY APPENDAGES BETRAY AT THEIR INSISTENCE! NOT TO FEAR, HOWEVER.

SIR EXSIXTEN PRODUCES A HANDY MULTI-TOOL AND BEGINS EXAMINING THE TRAITOROUS JOINTS SO HE CAN RETURN TO THE BATTLE THEY ARE HOLDING IN HIS HONOR.

OOC: Don't figure there's much chance of surviving this fight, but Sir Exsixten isn't the sort of character who would run(even if he could move). If anyone wants to take off, Sir Exsixten will hold them off as long as he can.

[sblock=Actions]Immediate Interrupt - Combat Challenge: When Hek shifts, MBA: 1d20+6=24 AC, hit, 1d12+4+2(have temps)=10 damage. (Forgot the +2 for having temps in IC, added it here)
No Action: Slide 1 to AK21
Move: -
Standard: Crushing Surge: 1d20+6=19 AC, miss, Hek is marked by Sir Exsixten and Sir Exsixten is at 4 THP.
Suppose I should have done Brash Strike instead, that would have hit...

[sblock=Statblock]Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 19, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:4+25/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/13
Initiative +1, Action Points: 0
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Piecemeal Chainmail, Villain's Menace

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 1d12+4 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 4 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: Sir Exsixten does +2 damage while he has any temporary hitpoints.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt - Combat Challenge]If a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Exsixten, he makes a MBA against them as an immediate interrupt. This has priority over Piecemeal Chainmail.[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt - Piecemeal Chainmail]If an enemy would miss Sir Exsixten if Sir Exsixten's AC was 2 higher, Piecemeal Chainmail makes it miss.[/sblock]

Last edited:

samursus

Explorer
"Alnar, no!!!" Ferris attempts to bring him back to consciousness with Daynas Touch, but the sorcerer doesn't respond.

Seeing things going downhill fast, Ferris yells"Grab the artifacts and run!!!"

Ferris draws upon his inner strength and then lays Daynas touch upon Jezebel. Ferris allows his inner rage to emerge as he transform into a roaring jungle bear. He takes a few steps closer to Jezebel and roars his anger... manifesting in a swarm of locusts buzzing angrily as they tear into the shadow tendrils.

OOC: Ferris has no more HS so I am pretty much done, trying to do as much healing and damage before I go out :) Jezebel, after the Healing Word minus the Swarming Locust damage you have a net gain of 10 hps. I'll try and get another heal in if I get the chance (have to hit). GM: by my count I hit 4/5 Tendrils! (damage is only 6 because I was Weakened from Healer's Mercy)

OOC: Pac: Would my regen from Longtooth shifting kick back in now that I am bloodied? The wording is a bit ambiguous.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=

Minor= Healing Word Jezebel

Move= Wildshape

Standard= Shift to AO 23

Action Point=Swarming Locusts centered on AQ24

End=
[sblock=Stat block]Ferris Cacamoujai, Cleric of Dayna 2- Male Longtooth Shifter, Cleric of Dayna 2
Conditions: exposed to Filth Fever
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20, Init: +3
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 17 -- Speed: 5
HP: 10/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 0/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Battleaxe +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 dmg (Crit = 14 dmg)
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Javelin +7 vs AC, 1d6+4 dmg, Range 10/20 (2/2)
Powers-
Lance of Faith, Invigorating Assualt, Wildshape
Healing Word Used:2, Longtooth Shifting, Healing Strike, Sanctuary, Swarming Locusts, Healer's Mercy OR Divine Fortune
Weapon of Astral Flame
Combat notes: +2 Damage
-Only use 1 Channel Divinity per encounter. Can use Healing Word 2x per encounter[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: No problem about the friendly damage, Ferris! I was kind of hoping you'd do exactly the thing you posted, haha. I'll feel slightly better about this fight if we can get rid of those tendrils.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads