[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I miss that information:

Move:Walk to F11
Standard: Attack Boofee instead, probably hitting twice with AC 28 and AC 31 for 19 damages.[/SBLOCK]

dimsdale

First Post
Wow...nothing to bother me now!, Boruuk states as he has finally shrugged off the last of the adverse conditions applied to him by Horan and the smaller beholder. He then takes a swipe at Boofee, and moves to a new target. Finish him off. I'm going after the coweredly priest who likes to fly away and hide. He turns and heads up the stairs. At the top of the stairs, he charges the Horan, roaring a battlecry as his axe thuds into the chest of the priest. Stay awhile priest. I'm just getting started.

[sblock=actions]
Free action: berserker fury: +2 on damage rolls until the end of the encounter

minor: rain of steel: I think that works now that Boofee is alive and Boruuk is adjacent to him: 1d12 = 10 + 3 for the attack...forgot to include in roll and +2 for berserker fury for 15 hp damage

movement: (which I know provokes an OA from Boofee...if he's still alive) Move to top of stairs (L13)

attack: charge horan (Boruuk moving to N10) : 1d20+11+1(charge) vs Horan AC: 22 (hopefully that's a hit) for 10 +2 for berserker fury = 12 points damage

and continue mark on Horan

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for not posting the results. I wasn't home tonight. However, I do go into work late tomorrow morning, so I should be able to do it in the morning.

With regard to dimsdale's question, yes, weakened halves the damage of all attacks.

Tirial's second attack killed Boofee for the second time (Rain of Steel first, Knoepf second, Tirial last).

Also, Horan is 25 feet into the air (15 feet above the platform), so Boruuk cannot attack him with his axe.

I do write these things down (post 992 in this case), so it gets a little frustrating when people repeatedly do not read what I write (two times in this round alone).

I know this is dragging out a bit (I really have to start putting all PCs and all NPCs grouped into two sets of init) and I know it's bothersome to run other player's PCs, but could people at least TRY to make a concerted effort to read what I write? If it has happened once in this campaign, it has happen a few dozen times and it wastes a lot of time. Thanks.

In this case, I am assuming that Boruuk is going after the Beholder since the Beholder is hiding behind the altar and is not out of melee range like Horan. But, Boruuk doesn't have enough movement to get to him this round.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artemus take Boofee into bracket and try to stab the creature, but he cannot stab it.

Knoepf yells in frustration as Boofee rises again. He blast the beholder with another shot of silver flame. As the beholder grunts in pain, flickers of flame surround Hasifar forming a protective barrier.

Although he can't move, Knoepf feels strength flow again into his limbs. "Someone is going to have to go up the steps and get that little one!"

Tirial takes another 2 arrows and put them through the Beholder this time.

Wow...nothing to bother me now!, Boruuk states as he has finally shrugged off the last of the adverse conditions applied to him by Horan and the smaller beholder. He then takes a swipe at Boofee, and moves to a new target. Finish him off. I'm going after the coweredly Beholder who likes to fly away and hide. He turns and heads up the stairs.

Boofee tries to bite Boruuk, but its teeth scrap against Boruuk's armor.

"Heal yourself all you want priest. I'll still kill you." Horan exclaims. Matching actions to words, he hits Knoepf with a bolt of energy.

[sblock=OOC]
Note: Boofee isn't dead yet since Rain of Steel works at the start of the NPC's turn if it starts next to Boruuk. Since Boruuk moves away, then no Rain of Steel damage this coming round. So, I moved Boruuk up on the platform in such a way that he still does Rain of Steel damage at the start of Boofee's turn this round.

Artemus misses Boofee.
Knoepf hits Boofee for 10 which becomes 5 plus 10 for 15.
Tirial hits Boofee for 15 and 4.
Boruuk moves past Boofee and up the stairs.
Boofee does an opportunity attack against Boruuk, but just misses.
Horan hits Knoepf for 6.

Note: Boruuk now sees the brown squares on the platform. They appear to be some large chests or trunks.

Tirial 42/50
Boruuk 52/62, 5 temporary hit points
Horan, 7, 4 temporary hit points
Hasifar 34/46, 5 temporary hit points
Beholder, 80, bloodied, quarried
Boofee, 34, bloodied
Artemus 37/44, 5 temporary hit points
Knoepf 25/45, immobilized UENT Beholder

It's Hasifar's turn. Note: Hasifar and Artemus do not have flank as Boofee is 5 feet off the ground.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 19 missed Boofee.

AC 23 hit Beholder (with +2 AC for cover). AC 18 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder, Reflex 16 missed Beholder.

Will 13 misses Horan. Reflex 25 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7p.jpg
    Encounter7p.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Remove ads