[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
Feeling the surge of healing energy flow through his body, Boruuk gets up and swings again with all of his might "Aggghhhhhh!..." He misses. Frustrated, he swings in short chopping motions...with his blade connecting for a minor wound on the beholder.

[sblock=actions]
movement: get up
attack: lasting threat: 1d20+11 vs boofee ac: 19 miss

minor: rain of steel: boofee started adjacent to boruuk. This attack causes 1d12+3 for 4

these rolls suck!

mark boofee
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Wow guys!

I'm glad you posted the actions for Tirial and Boruuk.

I have been spending the last 45 minutes NPCing them and prepping the new post.

Too bad you missed with all three attacks. I would have hit with all three. ;)

Guess that changes my map and post. I'll put up the results shortly (half hour or so).

PS. I need a weakened saving throw from Knoepf and Tirial.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artemus stands up and quickly stabs Boofee, doing a severe wound.

"Keep the pressure on the big one boys!" Knoepf shouts as he heals himself and then Artemus and Boruuk.

Tirial moves forward and quickly shot twice at the Beholder, but both arrow miss.

Feeling the surge of healing energy flow through his body, Boruuk gets up and swings again with all of his might "Aggghhhhhh!..." He misses. Frustrated, he swings in short chopping motions...with his blade connecting for a minor wound on the beholder.

"We need to take care of the Dwarf first. He's healing them." Horan says. "Boofee, kill that one." Horan points his finger at the Dwarf and shouts out to Boofee. Then, matching his words, a flame shoots out of his finger and hits Knoepf. A matching flame surrounds and protects Horan. Horan than moves up, his aura of cold engulfing Knoepf, Artemus, and Boruuk, and slowing up their reactions.

Boofee responds to the command. "Uggghhh" it rumbles in its deep, gutteral voice. It backs up and away, lowering its guard, but Boruuk misses. It then charges Knoepf and just barely hits him. It appears that Boruuk's distraction was offset by Horan's chill.

[sblock=OOC]
Artemus hits Boofee for 17.
Knoepf heals himself for 28, Artemus for 23, and Boruuk for 27.
Tirial moves up and misses the Beholder twice. Note: Tirial will use Disruptive Strike if Boofee attempts its big smash attack on anyone. She's seen it twice now and is ready for it.
Boruuk stands up and misses Boofee with Brash Strike.
Horan hits Knoepf for 4.
Boofee shifts up and away from Boruuk. Boruuk gets a Combat Challenge attack against Boofee, but misses. Boofee hits Knoepf for 14.

In the interest of saving time, I rolled the CC for Boruuk.

Combat Challenge on Boofee, 15 vs. AC misses

Note: Boofee is under everyone on the map, but in reality, it is 5 feet directly over Boruuk's head. I did it that way so that everyone could see Boruuk.

Tirial 42/50, weakened (save ends)
Boruuk 52/62, Grant CA to Boofee TSNT Boruuk, -2 to defenses aura
Horan, 4 temporary hit points
Boofee, 86, bloodied, marked
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 53, bloodied, quarried
Artemus 37/44, -2 to defenses aura
Knoepf 27/45, weakened (save ends), -2 to defenses aura

It's Hasifar's turn.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 19 missed Boofee.

AC 23 hit Beholder (with +2 AC for cover). AC 18 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder, Reflex 16 missed Beholder.

Will 13 misses Horan. Reflex 25 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7l.jpg
    Encounter7l.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 100

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Wow guys!

I'm glad you posted the actions for Tirial and Boruuk.

I have been spending the last 45 minutes NPCing them and prepping the new post.

Too bad you missed with all three attacks. I would have hit with all three. ;)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
now that's a low blow...lol

yeah...my last three rolls for boruuk have been lame to the nth degree.

weakened saving throw for knoepf: 6 nope :-S

nth degree for knoepf too.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"If I can just kill the big one!" Hasifar says as he shoots fire at Boofee. The large beholder doesn't even have time to scream before falling to the ground. "YES!" Hasifar shouts and then moves closer to set up a better attack next.

"Boofee!" the Beholder shouts out. "You'll pay for that." the Beholder says to Hasifar, murder in it's eye. Heedless of its own safety, the Beholder flies out above the group. "First you wench." it says as a beam strikes Tirial, pushing her towards the water, but she manages to catch the edge. "Now you." it says to Hasifar, but in its hurry, the fire from its eye misses Hasifar by a lot. "Arrggghhh." It looks at Boruuk with its center eye and Boruuk can no longer move. "At least your spinning axe won't be doing anything for a while." it cackles.

"No, no you idiot. Kill the dwarf first." Horan shouts.

[sblock=OOC]
It appears that VV is still swamped. I NPCed him.

Note: Boofee is now on the ground. I am keeping him there since those squares are now difficult terrain.

Hasifar hits Boofee for 16 and kills it.

Arching Fire on Boofee 25 vs. Reflex, Damage 16

Beholder moves out, is 25 feet off the ground, hits Tirial, but does not push her into the water.

Tirial save vs. entering water 11

Beholder misses Hasifar.
Beholder hits Boruuk and Boruuk is immobilizied.

Tirial 42/50, prone
Boruuk 52/62, -2 to defenses aura, immobilized until EONT Beholder
Horan, 4 temporary hit points
Boofee, 112, dead
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 53, bloodied, quarried
Artemus 37/44, -2 to defenses aura
Knoepf 27/45, weakened (save ends), -2 to defenses aura

It's Artemus' turn.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 19 missed Boofee.

AC 23 hit Beholder (with +2 AC for cover). AC 18 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder, Reflex 16 missed Beholder.

Will 13 misses Horan. Reflex 25 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7m.jpg
    Encounter7m.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 107

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Ha fool! Your weapons can hardly touch me. It is not I who will be going down. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Horan laughs maniacally as Artemus' blade mostly passes through him.

[sblock=OOC]
After subtracting the 4 temporary hit points from Artemus' 25 points, Horan takes 10 points of actual damage.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf smiles as the large beholder falls. "The tides are turning aye Horan? heh heh heh..." knoepf points his holy symbol towards the smaller beholder and fires a bolt of silver flame, smacking the foe in the center eye. It yelps in pain. Silverflame also flows into the immoblized warrior.

[sblock=actions]

minor: none
movement: none
action: sacred flame vs small beholder 1d20+9 vs reflex: 21 for 9

boruuk gets 5 temp hp

[/sblock]

[sblock=question]
can boruuk use knoepf's power to make a saving throw agains immob inorder to make an attack at the start of his next turn? If so, he'd rather do that then get the extra hp.
[/sblock]

Remove ads