[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf shakes off the attack made by Horan staff. Mocking him, he states, "Heh heh heh...It will take a lot more than that stick of yours to take me down fiend. We'll deal with you soon enough." Touching Boruuk with his staff, a surge of life enters into the fighter's body, who roars with approval. "Go after the big one when you have a chance." He then barks out a command and a shaft of brilliant silver light crashes into the eye of Boofee. The big beholder roars in anger and discomfort and Knoepf yells words of encouragement to Tirial. Turing to Boofee. "Heh heh heh... Soon you wont feel any pain when you are dead!!" Turning to Artemus, Knoepf touches him with his staff, causing a flash of silver light to engulf Artemus. The half-orcs body trembles as life and vigor enter into it once more. "Wake up friend and live to fight another day." Knoepf says in a calm encouraging voice

Turing back to Horan, the cleric states "On second thought, I think it is time that I deal with you now" With eyes boring into the Horan he starts to chant, softly at first, but then increasing louder. Horan's sacrastic tone starts to change as a silver halo forms over his head. "Heh heh heh..." Knoepf say pleased with his attack "that ought to hold you for awhile...oh...I wouldn't try to harm any of us under your...current...condition...heh eh heh heh..."

[sblock=actions]
movement: get up
minor: healing word on Boruuk: 2d6+11 and a healing surge: 19

action: sacred flame vs reflex of boofee: 1d20+9= 20 for 1d6+7 = 13

and Tirial gets a chance to save vs one of her adverse conditions

free action: symbol of perserverence on Artemus: Artemus is no longer dying and gets to spend a healing surge +3 hp

AP: Halo of consequence vs Horan: 1d20+9 vs Reflex: 25

Horan is effected by Knoepf's halo of consequence (save ends). Until halo ends, he takes -4 penalty to attack rolls, and after the target attacks Knoepf or an ally, it is dazed until the end of its next turn. The target takes a -2 to save roll against halo.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Boofee is bloodied now.

Artemus does not need to make an unconsciousness saving throw, but he still needs to make a death saving throw.

The only PC that needs a saving throw is Tirial, but the recipient PC decides what the save is used for, not Knoepf.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Boofee is bloodied now.

Artemus does not need to make an unconsciousness saving throw, but he still needs to make a death saving throw.

The only PC that needs a saving throw is Tirial, but the recipient PC decides what the save is used for, not Knoepf.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks for the info on the saving throw. I'll edit the post so that Tirial can make the saving throw.

Question: Knoepf used the Symbol of Perserverence daily power to revive Artemus. The power gives a healing surge +3 to a dying ally

Why does he need to make a death saving throw? Am I missing something here?

thanks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Thanks for the info on the saving throw. I'll edit the post so that Tirial can make the saving throw.

Question: Knoepf used the Symbol of Perserverence daily power to revive Artemus. Why does he need to make a death saving throw? Am I missing something here?

thanks
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
He needs to make the death saving throw because he is dying on his turn and gets no actions.

Knoepf doesn't revive Artemus until after Artemus' turn and after the death saving throw is made. I skipped Artemus' turn to move the game along.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I just saw Tirial had Disruptive Strike. Using it against the attack that down Artemus would have been a good timing. Is it too late to call it? I should have done so earlier, but I am not familiar with Tirial power :( [/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]I just saw Tirial had Disruptive Strike. Using it against the attack that down Artemus would have been a good timing. Is it too late to call it? I should have done so earlier, but I am not familiar with Tirial power :( [/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
The problem is that it is Disruptive Strike is a power that works off of an attack occurring, not off of a hit occurring.

So, Tirial needs to declare this before an attack because she does not know that a hit will occur.

In this particular case, even if she would have declared it, she would have used it before the first attack that missed to protect Artemus and not against the second Action Point attack that hit. So, it wouldn't have changed anything other than doing some extra damage against the Beholder if it hit the Beholder.

In any case, it's Tirial's turn.
[/sblock]

Remove ads