[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
With no more adverse conditions bothering Boruuk and his mind cleared and ready for battle, Boruuk gets up to charge Boofee. It is at that time that he realizes he doesn't have his weapon! Frantically Boruuk looks to find his it, which he does...right under boofee. Boruuk moves quickly past Horan and grabs the weapon. "It's my turn now!" He then whirls with all of his might with the intent of slicing the beholder in two...

[sblock=actions]
movement 1: get up
movement 2: move to j11
minor: pick up weapon

ap: attack: Lasting threat: 1d20+11 vs boofee AC: 19 probably a miss I'll roll the damage just in case 3d12+7= 35 and boofee marked until the end of the encounter. Noone can bump the mark.

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Knoepf shakes off the attack made by Horan staff. Mocking him, he states, "Heh heh heh...It will take a lot more than that stick of yours to take me down fiend. We'll deal with you soon enough." Touching Boruuk with his staff, a surge of life enters into the fighter's body, who roars with approval. "Go after the big one when you have a chance." He then barks out a command and a shaft of brilliant silver light crashes into the eye of Boofee. The big beholder roars in anger and discomfort and Knoepf yells words of encouragement to Tirial. Turing to Boofee. "Heh heh heh... Soon you wont feel any pain when you are dead!!" Turning to Artemus, Knoepf touches him with his staff, causing a flash of silver light to engulf Artemus. The half-orcs body trembles as life and vigor enter into it once more. "Wake up friend and live to fight another day." Knoepf says in a calm encouraging voice

Turing back to Horan, the cleric states "On second thought, I think it is time that I deal with you now" With eyes boring into the Horan he starts to chant, softly at first, but then increasing louder. Horan's sacrastic tone starts to change as a silver halo forms over his head. "Heh heh heh..." Knoepf say pleased with his attack "that ought to hold you for awhile...oh...I wouldn't try to harm any of us under your...current...condition...heh eh heh heh..."

Tirial takes her sharpest arrow and shot it at the beholder. Having mark it, her arrow pierce easily the skin of the Beholder.

Unfortunately, Tirial cannot pull the bowstring back strong enough and the Beholder is a lot less harmed than normal.

With no more adverse conditions bothering Boruuk and his mind cleared and ready for battle, Boruuk gets up to charge Boofee. It is at that time that he realizes he doesn't have his weapon! Frantically Boruuk looks to find his it, which he does...right under boofee. Boruuk moves quickly past Horan and grabs the weapon. "It's my turn now!" He then whirls with all of his might with the intent of slicing the beholder in two...

But Boruuk misses.

"Your petty parlor tricks won't save you." Horan says. He moves back behind the stairs. Ice starts forming around him. He then casts a spell at Knoepf which hits Knoepf with a glancing blow. Knoepf instantly recognizes the spell as Sacred Flame. It seems like Horan has a god as well. With the success of his spell, part of Knoepf's spell dissipates from Horan, but then again, so does the floating sword. Horan seems a bit disoriented.

Being distracted by Boruuk, Boofee again smashes down. This time, it slams into Boruuk hitting him harder than Boruuk has ever been hit. Boruuk is knocked to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Note: I assume that Boruuk is marking Boofee since that is standard operating procedure for Boruuk.

Knoepf stands up and heals Boruuk for 30.
Knoepf hits Boofee for 23.
Knoepf hits Horan with Halo of Consequence.
Tirial hits Boofee for 14.
Boruuk stands up, moves up, gets his axe, and misses Boofee.
Horan moves back, puts up an Aura, and then hits Knoepf for 4.
Boofee criticals Boruuk for 37 damage and Boruuk is knocked prone.

Tirial 42/50, weakened (save ends)
Boruuk 25/62, bloodied, prone
Horan, dazed UENT Knoepf
Boofee, 65, bloodied, marked
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 53, bloodied, quarried
Artemus 14/44, bloodied, prone
Knoepf 28/45

It's Hasifar's turn.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 19 missed Boofee.

AC 23 hit Beholder (with +2 AC for cover). AC 15 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder.

Will 13 misses Horan. Reflex 25 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.

Note: Took a page from my other DM here on LEB and shortened the names of the PCs and NPCs for Maptools. It does make it a little easier to see some things that the token names normally overwrote.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7j.jpg
    Encounter7j.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 96

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Voda Vosa]
It's been over 3 days since the last post.

I'll NPC Hasifar this evening if you do not post today to keep the game moving.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'ts been a wacky week. I've tried to keep the peace of most of the games I'm in, but this one as others have been the victims of this savage load of work and stress. If I don't find some time to sneak a reply, NPC Hasifar. He'll try to use some of his encounter powers if he cans.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Realizing that he needs to be closer to use his more devastating spells, Hasifar moves partway up to the melee. Boofee seems hard to hit with Chaos Bolt, so Hasifar shoots fire at the Beholder, hoping to also catch Boofee in the blast. But, he yet again misses.

"HA. You missed little human." the Beholder laughs and moves away from combat. "As for you Dwarf.", the Beholder looks at Knoepf with its central eye, but the Dwarf easily shakes off the mental effect. "Hmmphhh." the Beholder mutters. "Let's try this. HA." the Beholder laughs as a beam from his one eye hits Knoepf squarely in the chest. Knoepf suddenly feels weak in the knees. The Beholder than turns its attention to Artemus. Fire shoots out of one of its eyes and Artemus just barely ducks under it.

[sblock=OOC]
Hasifar moves up to set up an encounter power next round and then misses the Beholder.

Arching Fire on Beholder 16 vs. Reflex, Damage 16

Beholder moves and then misses Knoepf, hits Knoepf for 8 damage and weakens him (save ends), and then misses Artemus.

Tirial 42/50, weakened (save ends)
Boruuk 25/62, bloodied, prone
Horan, dazed UENT Knoepf
Boofee, 65, bloodied, marked
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 53, bloodied, quarried
Artemus 14/44, bloodied, prone
Knoepf 20/45, bloodied, weakened (save ends)

It's Artemus' turn.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 19 missed Boofee.

AC 23 hit Beholder (with +2 AC for cover). AC 15 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder, Reflex 16 missed Beholder.

Will 13 misses Horan. Reflex 25 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.

Note: Took a page from my other DM here on LEB and shortened the names of the PCs and NPCs for Maptools. It does make it a little easier to see some things that the token names normally overwrote.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7k.jpg
    Encounter7k.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 98

dimsdale

First Post
"Keep the pressure on the big one boys!" Knoepf shouts as he heals himself and then Artemus and Boruuk.

[sblock=ooc]
movement: none
minor: healing word on self: 2d6+11 for 17 plus a HS (11) for 28 hp

attack: healer's mercy on Boruuk and Artemus (both who are bloodied)

1d6+11 for Artemus and Boruuk for 12
and they get to spend a HS. boruuk's HS value is 14 for 26 hp.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads