• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artemus attack Horan, taking advantage of the crowd who is on him. "You'll go down before him."

"Ha fool! Your weapons can hardly touch me. It is not I who will be going down. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Horan laughs maniacally as Artemus' blade mostly passes through him.

Knoepf smiles as the large beholder falls. "The tides are turning aye Horan? heh heh heh..." knoepf points his holy symbol towards the smaller beholder and fires a bolt of silver flame, smacking the foe in the center eye. It yelps in pain. Silverflame also flows into the immoblized warrior.

Unimpress, Tirial stands up and shot again twice at the Beholder.

Boruuk smashes Horan, but the axe partially just moves through him.

Horan moves back, Boruuk geting a quick hit in, and then he flies up 25 feet into the air."What's the matter he laughs? Can't attack me up here? First the dwarf, then the archer, then the caster. The rest of you will just die afterwards.". Horan then heals himself with a spell and then hits Knoepf with his flame again, flame again protecting Horan.

[sblock=OOC]
In answer to dimsdale's question, Boruuk cannot make a save since it is not a save ends effect. It's an until the end of his next turn effect. However, Boruuk is not restrained, just immobilized. So he can still attack Horan.

dimsdale, please make your saving throw.

I NPCed Boruuk. Trying to move this along so that the PCs can get to the tavern.

Artemus hits Horan for 25, but it is lowered by 4, and then halved to 10.
Knoepf hits the Beholder for 9.
Tirial hits the Beholder for 9 and 14.

Brash Strike on Horan 23 vs. AC, Damage 20

Boruuk hits Horan for 20 and then halved to 10.

Rain of Steel on Horan 8

Rain of Steel damages Horan for 8 and then halved to 4.
Horan shifts back, and then flies up and away, Combat Challenge for Boruuk.

Combat Challenge on Horan 23 vs. AC, Damage 11

Boruuk hits Horan for 11 and then halved to 5.
Horan heals himself for 22.
Horan uses an Action Point.
Horan hits Knoepf for 7 and gains 4 temporary hit points.

Tirial 42/50
Boruuk 52/62, immobilized until EONT Beholder, 5 temporary hit points, Grant CA to Horan TSNT Boruuk
Horan, 7, marked, 4 temporary hit points
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 80, bloodied, quarried
Artemus 37/44
Knoepf 20/45, bloodied, weakened (save ends)

It's Hasifar's turn.

AC 17 hit Beholder. AC 18 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder, Reflex 16 missed Beholder, Reflex 21 hits Beholder.

Will 13 missed Horan. Reflex 25 hit Horan. AC 23 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7n.jpg
    Encounter7n.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"Agghh!" Knoepf grunts in pain after repeated attacks from Horan, and he still cannot shake the weakened state. "Hasifar, try to finish off the little one" Knoepf states while pointing at the smaller beholder.

[sblock=ooc]
Knoepf save vs weakened state: 1d20 = 7 nope

the drought continues for many of my characters.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
I forgot that Knoepf was weakened at the start of his turn. He did 4 damage to the Beholder, not 9. I'll go fix that.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Done belly Boy!" Hasifar yells and shoots a torrent of fire, that scorches everything in it's path towards the beholder, which hits and burns!

Arcing fire: 25 vs ref, for 10 dmg. Any enemy in the way gets 4 fire dmg.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Hasifar]
VV,

Just FYI. Hasifar's attacks are now at +1 to hit since he is 5th level. LEB automatically gives +1 to hit at levels 5, 15, and 25.

So, many of his powers are +9 to hit, not +8 (at least if I am remembering correctly, +2 level, +1 level 5, +2 item, +4 ability score, your character sheet is no longer on the web that I can find).
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Done belly Boy!" Hasifar yells and shoots a torrent of fire, that scorches everything in it's path towards the beholder, which hits and burns!

Getting pounded from all sides, the Beholder again goes on the offensive. He looks at Knoepf with his large central eye and Knoepf suddenly cannot move. "Dwarf first, then archer. Got it. I got you now Dwarf.". Another eyebeam then pushes Knoepf towards the water, but Knoepf is able to fall over instead. He then shoots fire out of an eyebeam at Tirial, but misses. When it sees that it has hardly done anything, the Beholder heads for cover behind the altar "Can't shoot me behind the altar wench." it taunts loudly from back there.

Unexpectedly, Boofee suddenly gets back up. "Uggghhh" it rumbles in its deep, gutteral voice. It rises into the air, turns and bites Hasifar in the shoulder.

"Boofee! the Beholder exclaims with a laugh from behind the altar.

[sblock=OOC]
Beholder hits Knoepf with central eyebeam, Knoepf is immobilized UENT.
Beholder hits Knoepf with eyebeam to knock him into the water, but he saves.

Knoepf save vs. push into water at -2 for immobilized 12-2 = 10 saves

Wow. Every single push into the water saved so far in this encounter.

Beholder misses Tirial.
Beholder moves behind altar. Nobody can see the Beholder at the moment.
Boofee rises from the dead.
Boofee shifts up 5 feet and away.
Boofee uses an action point.
Boofee bites Hasifar for 12.

Note: I rolled a Rain of Steel for Boruuk against Boofee and then suddenly realized that at the start of Boofee's new turn, it was actually dead and not a legal target. It had to use a move action after its turn started to rise from the dead. So, no Rain of Steel damage for Boruuk this round.

Tirial 42/50
Boruuk 52/62, 5 temporary hit points, Grant CA to Horan TSNT Boruuk
Horan, 7, marked, 4 temporary hit points
Hasifar 34/46
Beholder, 80, bloodied, quarried, prone
Boofee, 0, bloodied
Artemus 37/44
Knoepf 20/45, bloodied, weakened (save ends), immobilized UENT Beholder, prone

It's Artemus turn.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 19 missed Boofee.

AC 17 hit Beholder. AC 18 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder, Reflex 16 missed Beholder, Reflex 21 hits Beholder.

Will 13 missed Horan. Reflex 25 hit Horan. AC 23 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7o.jpg
    Encounter7o.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf yells in frustration as Boofee rises again. He blast the beholder with another shot of silver flame. As the beholder grunts in pain, flickers of flame surround Hasifar forming a protective barrier.

Although he can't move, Knoepf feels strength flow again into his limbs. "Someone is going to have to go up the steps and get that little one!"

[sblock=actions]

movement: get up (can i do that when immobilized?) If not, stay prone
minor: second wind for 11 bringing hp up to 31 (no longer bloodied)
attack: sacred flame: +9 vs Boofee reflex: 22 for 1d6+7 = 10.

OOC: Question 1: I know that Knoepf is weakend, does it effect damage rolls on powers that aren't phyiscal in nature, such as shooting a ray of flame out of a holy symbol?

5 temp hit points go to Hasifar from hitting with sacred flame power

save vs weakended state: 19 It's about time!

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Knoepf: Dwarf Cleric 5
Advantageous Conditions:
Adverse Conditions: Immobilized
Initiative: +1 Passive Insight: 22 Passive Perception: 17
Senses: Low Light Vision
Saving Throws: +5 vs poison
HP 45 31
Bloodied 22
Surge Value 11; Surges Per-Day 8 3 left
AC =19 Fortitude 14 Reflex 13 Will 20 Speed 5