[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Initiative 1d20+4=14

Move action to R33.

Then delay until everybody is in position, and Call Spirit Companion to L27; this seems like a good central spot that isn't too close to Grys and Ryda.

As far as I can glean from researching the topic, I think Jarren only needs Line of Effect - not Line of Sight - to call his Spirit Companion to a square, so this should be fine despite the 5 square visibility range. But if somebody corrects me on that, I'll have to move Jarren closer and, I guess, make stealth rolls.[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
The group begins to get into places, Grys and Ryda moving like the fog that plagues the area, silent and quick. You can nearly reach the tent when you hear crunching and snapping, seeing Mythra trying to move closer also, catching his cloak on the tree branches. "Oi, what was that? Quick grab the dwarf" you hear in a deep guttural voice.

[sblock=Grys/Ryda]
You see a hobgoblin enter the tent and grab the dwarf, dragging him out. The hobgoblin has his weapon out as he steps out with his prisoner. The hobgoblin shouts out (see below)

[/sblock]

You all hear a voice call out "Come out now, hands on your head or the dwarf gets it"

[sblock=ooc]
The first map is for Susan and Jarren. The second for the others.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Grys/Ryda/Myrtha]
The enemies have drawn weapon and moved into their positions. [/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
*We'll try to do this in initiative order so Ryda is up, followed by Mythra. Currently Ryda & Grys are hidden as they have cover against all enemies.

Initiative:

Ryda - 25 <- Your turn
Mythra - 23
Chains - 23
Grys - 18
Scimitars - 17
Jarren - 14
Susan (Unit 16) - 9
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cyre.jpg
    Cyre.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Cyre1.jpg
    Cyre1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 106

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 looks at Jarren to see what he is doing, now that apparently stealth has been broken. He gives Jarren a look that says he's good with continuing the plan (that is, Unit 16 will wait until after the spirit companion is called and then move in near it).

[sblock=ooc]Which areas are difficult terrain? It seems like there's a tree primarily in O30. Are the "branch" areas (M28 - P31) difficult terrain or no? Do they offer cover/concealment?[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda looks toward Grys and quickly whispers, Surprise blown, engage?

[sblock=OOC]Don't know if that will delay my turn or not since speaking is free, or if Grys can even answer before his turn. If it will, I'll just delay until after Grys goes, but would prefer to keep my spot in initiative.[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
THe DT is O30, O,N 33 (rock), R29 (bush), s26 (bush). The branches was just fluff for Myrtha's failed check, but no DT for them. No cover/concealment from them.

If you delay, you do lose your spot, as you delay until after that person goes unfortunately. Free actions are any time, but obviously there's a limit on speech.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=delaying]Yeah, technically Grys could answer and then you could take your turn without any delaying. Ultimately it's up to RR, but I think that's what he was saying as well.[/sblock]
[sblock=difficult terrain]Thanks for the quick update![/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Ryda looks toward Grys and quickly whispers, Surprise blown, engage?

"Yes. Kill the one closest to the Dwarf. Mythra blew this plan by getting too close, let's see if he can help here." Grys replies in a whisper.

[sblock=OOC]
Fast little bunny rabbits. How come the bad guys can pull out weapons and move in position when Mythra makes noise, but the prepared Ryda and Grys stand around flat footed? NPC favoritism, that's what this is. ;)
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Nodding as Grys gives the go ahead, Ryda slides out from behind the tent. A look of surprise washes over the Hobgoblin at the halforc being so close, quickly replaced by a grunt of pain as an arrow catches him in the shoulder. You said to come out, so I did. And look, my hand is even over my head. She smuggly laughs, pulling another arrow from the quiver on her back. Unfortunately for her, the second shot is well off the mark.

Now, do you take the time to stick that dwarf there, or you gonna come get a little payback? Ryda taunts, hoping the hobgoblin doesn't kill the poor fellow. Well, time to see how well you can take a hit! she thinks to herself, bracing for the coming onslaught.

[Sblock=Mechanics]Move: to P26
Minor: Declare Chain 97 Hobgoblin my quarry
Standard: Twinstrike on Chain 97: 1d20+11-2+1=24 1d12+5=9 1d20+11-2+1=12 1d12+5=6 1d6=1 Wow, all that for 10 damage. Fail ranger fails.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Blasted tree, Mythra says, pulling his cloak away from the branch.

After seeing the hobgoblin he smirks and utters an arcane phrase and with a gesture unleashes a spell on him.

[sblock=actions]
Would the dwarf count as an ally? If so Mythra is using Twist the Arcane Fabric (free action) and teleporting him to P 27 and than is using Grasping Shadows on the Hobgoblin. (standard).

13 vs will, 13 damage. Target is slowed. Creates a burst 1 zone until the end of my next turn. Creatures that enter a zone takes 4 psychic damage and is slowed until end of it's next turn.

If he is not an ally I'm using Illusory Ambush on the hobgoblin. Don't know if you want me to roll the attack rolls again, but here is the damage roll.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads