[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I'll go ahead and post Mythra's turn if that's OK :)[/sblock]
That is what you get for saving a Dwarf! Mythra shouts upon seeing the dwarf stab Ryda.

I shall slay you myself, proclaims Mythra, pointing to the Dwarf.

Enough of this tomfoolery. Feel the might of a summoner! Mythra mutters under his breath. His tome opens on its own and the pages start to rapidly flip through. Arcane symbols appear on the ground next to the dwarf and the hobgoblin. Through them rises a warrior clad in armor blazing with fire. The warrior takes its giants sword and slices it through the hobgoblin.

"Everyone but Susan, take the Chain Hobgoblins out first." Grys shouts as flames leap around the battlefield, setting foes on fire.
I don't recall anyone electing you as party leader! Mythra shouts through the noise of battle, tired at being ordered around.

[sblock=ooc]
Nothing personal, Mythra is just being a jerk :)[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Free: Tome of Binding, switch flaming sphere for summon fire warrior.
Free: Tome of binding class power, +3 to damage for fire warrior.
Standard:Summon Fire Warrior at P 28.
Action Point
Attack: Fire Warrior Basic Attack against chain 14 19 vs reflex, 14 damage
fire damage
[/sblock]

[sblock= stat block] Mythra Stelwart
Male Eladrin Wizard 4
Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19
HP 27/38, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 19, Surges 9/9
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 17
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6
Action Points:0
Second Wind: Not Used

Powers:
At will:
Illusory Ambush
Storm Pillar

Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Presidigitation

Encounter:
Fey Step
Shield
Grasping Shadows
Shock Beetle Swarm
Tome of Binding

Daily:
Flaming Sphere
Summon Tome

Fire Warrior:
HP 19/19,
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 18
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6 (Hover)
Standard: Melee 1; 1 creature +7 vs Reflex 1d8 + 8 fire damage.
Opportunity Attack: Melee 1; 1 creature +7 vs Reflex 1d8 + 8 fire damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda grunts as the dwarf stabs her repeatedly. You'll regret that! she chides, sliding away from her assailant. Pulling out two arrows, she spins her bow horizontal and splays them across, taking aim at the hobgoblin she has been peppering with arrows, and the dwarf. Alas, this unusual show attempt produces nothing but two errant arrows and a frustrated halforc. Wiping out two more, she sends them again after her targets, to much the same results.

[sblock=Mechanics]Minor: Quarry the Dwarf
Move: Shift to M30
Standard: Split the tree: 1d20+12=21 1d20+11=12 2d12+10=17 1d6=1 I'm pretty sure 21 misses both, SIGH! Wasted a daily.
Action Point: Cut and run: Dwarf then Chain 97: 1d20+12=17 1d12+10=15 1d20+11=24 1d12+10=20 1d6=3. Did we establish if a 24 hits the chain guys? if so, 20 damage, if not, I missed all 4 shots :(.
Ending shift from Cut and run in L31.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I have to admit I'm completely confused by this initiative thing. I think it's now my turn, so I'm going to take it.

RR, would you mind being a bit more explicit in your status updates? I'm having a hard time keeping track of everyone, especially everyone's HP (especially the enemy HP/damage).[/sblock]
Unit 16 grabs the attention of the enemy next to him. Drawing on a reserve of inner strength, he pushes on past his pain like only a warforged can. Additionally, a small panel swings around on his body and reveals a tiny vial. 16 smashes the vial and the liquid drains into him.

Seeing his friend hurt as well, Unit 16's whole body begins to react. Whirring noises emit from him as large panels open all over his body and position themselves as to deflect blows. His shield also opens and doubles in size. A regenerative process also begins, slowly healing some of the damage from a moment ago. He is now a huge mass of metal and stone.

[sblock=ooc]free: mark scimiar 33

move -> minor: warforged resolve -> heal 5, gain 5 temp HP

free: draw potion (armor power)

minor: use potion of clarity (daily item power)

standard: 2nd wind -> +3 bonus to fort, ref, will; +6 or +7 bonus to AC (depending on whether or not you believe "second wind" is a "power" or no - since I think R1 is judging - it's been so long I don't remember - and I'm sure he counts it as not, I will post it as +6), heal 14[/sblock]
[sblock=Unit 16]
Unit 16 Warforged Warden 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:22(28), Fort:18(20), Reflex:14(16), Will:14(16)
HP:46/57, 5 temp HP, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:12/13
Action Points/Daily Item Uses Left/Milestones: 1/0/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Earth Shield Strike

Warforged Resolve
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warden's Tempest
Second Wind

Form of Winter's Herald - Form of Winter's Herald Attack
Potion of Clarity

Important Stuff:
- makes lots of immediate interrupts/reactions/OAs

Conditions:

Full sheet: Unit 16[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I have to admit I'm completely confused by this initiative thing. I think it's now my turn, so I'm going to take it.

RR, would you mind being a bit more explicit in your status updates? I'm having a hard time keeping track of everyone, especially everyone's HP (especially the enemy HP/damage).[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative was:

Jarren, Ryda, Mythra, Susan

but since Jarren was delaying after Mythra, it became:

Ryda, Mythra, Jarren, Susan

I agree with you on the Monster hit points. In a table game, that's usually not needed. In PBP where the attacks are spread out in posts all over the place, it helps to focus fire with that. Plus in Grys' case, he has a Challenge-Seeking Longsword, so I had to go back and calculate who got hit and who had not in order to figure out his bonus damage.

And player hit points should probably be posted as 35/57 instead of -22 as well in RR's update. It just lets everyone have a better gauge as to what is going on. -22 on Grys or Mythra is significant damage, -22 on Susan is more moderate damage.

I'd also like RR to put Jarren's Spirit Companion on the map as well. Keke is not quite as important to be visible as the companion since a PC can occupy the same square as Keke, but we need to know which square is occupied by the companion that a PC cannot occupy.
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Also a little befuddled by the whole initiative process, but I delayed until after Ryda and Mythra and they've both posted so I guess I'm due a post. Happy to delay until after Susan too.[/sblock]

Jarren had been hesitating, watching the melee keenly, in hopes that Ryda would draw close enough to Susan for both of them to benefit from his healing powers. Instead, she moves even further away, and it occurs to him that he probably should have spoken out loud. Her wounds look serious, and it seems he can't afford to wait any longer. The winged serpent relocates for a split second to Ryda and Mythra's position, bathing them in a warm glow and bolstering their reserves of energy and endurance.

Faster than the eye can follow, the spirit disappears once again and reappears at Jarren's side, beating at one of the hobgoblins with a distracting flurry of its brightly-coloured wings as Jarren slips out from his disadvantageous position wedged between the two chain-wielders.

[sblock=OOC]Free Action - Call Spirit Companion to M30, next to Ryda and Mythra.

Minor Action - Healing Spirit on Ryda. She can spend a healing surge, and regain an additional 3 hp. Secondary effect goes to Mythra, who heals 1d6+3=5 hp. Plus, Ryda and Mythra both gain 5 temporary hp thanks to Strengthening SPirit.

Move Action - Shift to O31.

Free Action - Call Spirit Companion to P31.

Standard Action - Certain Threat on the Hobgoblin in Q31. 1d20+9=15 vs Reflex, doubt that hits, but if it does then it does 2d6+7=15 damage and marks the enemy, giving it a -4 on attacks against foes other than the Spirit Companion TENT.

Immediate Reaction note: if anybody takes enough damage in the next turn to knock them out, Jarren will take half of it with Bonds of the Clan.

Other Immediate Reaction note: if an enemy leaves an adjacent square to Jarren's Spirit Companion without shifting, it gets to use a Spirit's Shield attack for +9 vs reflex, dealing 7 damage and healing an ally within 5 squares.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Standard Action - Certain Threat on the Hobgoblin in Q31. 1d20+9=15 vs Reflex, doubt that hits, but if it does then it does 2d6+7=15 damage and marks the enemy, giving it a -4 on attacks against foes other than the Spirit Companion TENT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jarren]
Jarren probably missed here and did not overwrite Grys' mark, but with 3 of us capable of marking foes, it's probably a good idea if we don't try to overwrite each other's marks too often.
[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Sorry that things are confusing. It's my first time running a game (is it obvious :eek: ) I'll post monster HP in the status area. Not my favorite thing to do, but if it makes it easier for you then we can try it. Now my ask is to make sure you post your stat blocks in your combat posts so I can make sure we're on the same page with resources used. Thanks.[/sblock]

Ryda grunts as the dwarf stabs her repeatedly. You'll regret that! she chides, sliding away from her assailant. Pulling out two arrows, she spins her bow horizontal and splays them across, taking aim at the hobgoblin she has been peppering with arrows, and the dwarf. Alas, this unusual show attempt produces nothing but two errant arrows and a frustrated halforc. Wiping out two more, she sends them again after her targets, to much the same results.

That is what you get for saving a Dwarf! Mythra shouts upon seeing the dwarf stab Ryda.

I shall slay you myself, proclaims Mythra, pointing to the Dwarf.

Enough of this tomfoolery. Feel the might of a summoner! Mythra mutters under his breath. His tome opens on its own and the pages start to rapidly flip through. Arcane symbols appear on the ground next to the dwarf and the hobgoblin. Through them rises a warrior clad in armor blazing with fire. The warrior takes its giants sword and slices it through the hobgoblin.

I don't recall anyone electing you as party leader! Mythra shouts through the noise of battle, tired at being ordered around.

Unit 16 grabs the attention of the enemy next to him. Drawing on a reserve of inner strength, he pushes on past his pain like only a warforged can. Additionally, a small panel swings around on his body and reveals a tiny vial. 16 smashes the vial and the liquid drains into him.

Seeing his friend hurt as well, Unit 16's whole body begins to react. Whirring noises emit from him as large panels open all over his body and position themselves as to deflect blows. His shield also opens and doubles in size. A regenerative process also begins, slowly healing some of the damage from a moment ago. He is now a huge mass of metal and stone.

Jarren had been hesitating, watching the melee keenly, in hopes that Ryda would draw close enough to Susan for both of them to benefit from his healing powers. Instead, she moves even further away, and it occurs to him that he probably should have spoken out loud. Her wounds look serious, and it seems he can't afford to wait any longer. The winged serpent relocates for a split second to Ryda and Mythra's position, bathing them in a warm glow and bolstering their reserves of energy and endurance.

Faster than the eye can follow, the spirit disappears once again and reappears at Jarren's side, beating at one of the hobgoblins with a distracting flurry of its brightly-coloured wings as Jarren slips out from his disadvantageous position wedged between the two chain-wielders.

The chain-wielding enemies continue to dance and weave their way through the battlefield, stepping through the grass with practiced movements. Whoever these hobgoblins are, they are well trained.

The dwarf steps towards Ryda, intent on finishing off the half-orc "That hurt you pig" he hisses, trying to stab quickly before more opposition moves towards him, but the first attack is turned aside and his second stab is weak, although still hits.

[sblock=Status]
Ryda does hit (dwarf AC is 21 right on) the dwarf for 18 (I think?) and hits Chain 97.

Mythra summons a fire warrior and hits Chain 14 for 14 fire damage

Unit 16 - uses a potion, warforged resolve and second winds (big bonuses to defenses...wow!)

Jarren heals Ryda and Mythra, shifts and misses Chain 97

Chain 97 - uses Dance of Death (shifts 5) - attacks Jarren, Ryda, and Mythra - Hits AC 15, 26, and 20 respectively. So I'm assuming Mythra will use shield and Grys will use his Interrupt to negate 6 damage to Ryda? If so, only 3 damage to Ryda

Chain 14 - Dance of Death - Attacks same targets - Hits AC 25, 27, and 23 for 7,7,10 damage to Jarren, Ryda, and Mythra respectively.

Dwarf shifts to N29 and uses Dance of the Knife on Ryda - first attack misses (AC19), but second attack hits (AC 23) - for 11 damage and shifts to N30 (as part of the attack)

Chain 97 - marked by Grys
Scimitar 33 - Marked by Susan (-3 to attack anyone other than Unit 16), bloodied
Scimitar 12 - ongoing 5 fire (save ends)
Dwarf - Quarried

Monster HP:
Dwarf: 144/162
Chain 97: 15/68 - bloodied
Chain 14: 34/68 - bloodied
Scimitar 33: 28/62 - bloodied
Scimitar 12: 38/62

Initiative (Post in the below order):

Ryda - 7/45 hp - bloodied, used Daily power and AP
Mythra - 28/38hp - used Daily power and AP
Jarren - 36/43 hp
Susan (Unit 16) - 46/57+5thp, used 1 daily magic item power, +3 bonus to fort, ref, will; +6 bonus to AC (When's it last until?)
Chains/Dwarf
Grys - 35/49hp <- Your turn
Scimitars
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cyre.jpg
    Cyre.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 94

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=RickRoll]
Yeah I will use shield :)

Also I believe Mythra is at 27 HP. He was at 27 and was healed for 5 and got 5 temp HP, but lost 10 from the chains.
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC questions]Did the 21 on Split the Tree hit Chain 97? I should have explained the power, but I thought with you having a ranger PC you might be familiar with the power. You take the higher attack and compare to both targets and apply the damage to both/any that are hit. I ask since the 17 damage it would take would have dropped him before his attack. If it missed, everything as it should be.[/sblock]

Ryda coughs up a bubble of blood. I take back my earlier comments Susan, you can keep the job of getting hit. Hey Jarren, I think I might need a bit more attention from you, anyplace you would like me?

[sblock=Ryda's stats]
Passive Perception 19, Passive Insight 14
AC 21, Fort 16, Reflex 19, Will 15
HP 6/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 7/8
Speed 6, Initiative +7
Action Points: 0, Second wind
At-Will Powers: Twin Strike, Nimble Strike
Encounter Powers: Evasive Strike, Cut and Run, Yield Ground, Furious Assault
Daily Powers: Split the Tree
Racial Features: HalfOrc Resilience, Swift Charge, Furious Assault
Class Features: Hunter’s Quarry, Prime Shot, Fighting Style- Two Weapon
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer

"That's because we didn't invite you to the meeting." Grys retorts with a laugh.

[sblock=Luinnar]
It's all good. I'm sure Grys will give out as good as he gets. ;)
[/sblock]

"Hey Sir Dwarf. I'm over here. Why don't you come over here and play with the big boys." Grys taunts.

[sblock=Actions]
I'm thinking that Ryda's Split the Tree should have killed Chain97.

If Chain97 is dead:

Minor: Aegis of Shielding recharges and Grys uses it on Scim33, Keke is now visible.

Scim33 is marked by Grys and if it hits anyone without attacking Grys, then Grys will use an Immediate Interrupt to prevent 6 damage.

If Chain97 is not dead, last round, Grys used his Immediate Interrupt to prevent 6 damage on Ryda and:

Minor: Maintain Invisibility on Keke

Move: Shift to L25
Standard: Scorching Burst on Chain14 and Scim33 in that order

Scorching Burst vs. Reflex: Chain14 26 to hit, Scim33 23 to hit, 12 damage

Chain14 and Scim33 take 5 points of damage if they attack Grys this next round.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Grys - Male Eladrin Hybrid Swordmage Wizard
Advantageous Conditions:
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +3 Passive Insight: 13 Passive Perception: 18
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 35/39
Bloodied 19
Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 8/8
AC 22 Fortitude 14 Reflex 18 Will 17 Speed 6
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used

Powers:
At will:
Scorching Burst
Sword Burst
Familiar Harrier
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Presidigitation

Encounter:
Fey Step
Aegis of Shielding
Sword of Sigils
Fire Shroud

Daily:
Flaming Sphere

Trained: 8 Athletics, 8 Endurance, 8 Perception, 8 Stealth

Untrained: 3 Acrobatics, 11 Arcana, 1 Bluff, 1 Diplomacy, 3 Dungeoneering, 3 Heal, 11 History, 3 Insight, 1 Intimidate, 3 Nature, 7 Religion, 1 Streetwise, 3 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Arcane Familiar
White Lotus Riposte

Magic Items:
+2 Challenge-Seeking Longsword
+2 Magic CLoth Armor
Gauntlets of Arcane Might
+1 Amulet of Protection
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.