(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
"I think it says, 'the ettercap'. I've never actually seen one, but I hear they are crafty and sometimes stalk the woods.."

Ironwolf tries to remember the stories he's heard. "Ettercap? Are those the spidery things, or the giants with two heads?"

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
"I'm not familiar with ettercaps, but whatever it is, it's bound to be dangerous if they put up warning signs."

"Well, whatever they are, we should all keep a lookout while we rest, and even more so once we get moving again."

Some time later, baring intervening emergencies...

"OK, I think it's a bit cooler now. Is everyone rested up and ready to go?"

Ironwolf scans the trees once more, then inspects his horse to see how it's doing.

Patlin

Explorer
Having packed up his gear, Ironwolf takes a moment to pull out his Falchion, check the edge, and makes sure it's completely clean. Once satisfied, he checks to see if his companions are similarly ready, and if so he unties his horse and mounts up.

fuzzy

First Post
Rika stands up and mounts her horse. I'm ready to go. I hope we don't run into any ettercaps. I think they're the spidery ones. Of course, who knows how old that sign is. We may have to deal with other things.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin gathers himself and mounts his horse. After making sure his crossbow is within easy reach he addresses the others.

"I think it would be better if we ride in pairs from here on out instead of single file. Who wants to take the front with me?"

GPEKO

First Post
OOC: After resting for 3 hours, Planus has healed 3 points of nonlethal damage (only 2 remain) but he’s still fatigued. Sturm heals all his damage and is no longer fatigued. Everyone feels better. The animals also appear in better shape.

After some much needed rest under the shadow of the large oak, the companions gather their gear and set out once more. The sun is much lower now and, while it’s still hot, it’s now bearable. Devlin and Ironwolf take the point, side by side. While the path is barely wide enough for two horses, this isn’t too much of a problem at first since there aren’t a lot of obstacles on the side of it. This quickly changes. For the next three hours, the terrain around them grows more and more hilly, wooded and rocky. Indeed, the small path goes around some hills and climbs others. Long shadows of the roadside trees slowly invade the way before the sun disappears in the west. In the dark, the path becomes harder to negotiate.

As the companions start to wonder what to do, Planus notices what looks like a camping spot, in a small clearing on the east side of the road. A couple of wooded benches are placed around a ring of stone and a small stack of fire wood. This place looks like it hasn’t been used for a while, however. Some underbrush has begun to grow around the benches and there are longs herbs in the fire ring.

The elves and the dwarf could manage to continue but the humans will need some light.

Last edited:

fuzzy

First Post
"It's getting dark out. I could push on, but frankly, think we should rest for the night, since some of us can't see well in the dark. We should probably try to find a campsite or clearing soon." If Rika sees the site you said Planus saw, she will point it out to everyone.

Remove ads