Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Hope I didn't make too many screws up. Long day, long post.

The heroes can hear the archers out of sight struggling to climb the walls and gain height advantage on them.

The swordsmen boldy move against the heroes and cause much mayhem, one successfully knocking out Sound of Stone. Another advance menacingly on teh vulnerable Halcyon... but falls unconscious before reaching him. Some kind of magic, it seems.

Mikara gets burned by a fire elemental flying down from the roof

The dragon flies down the middle of the spellcaster, threatening to make their job harder causing mayhem.

OOC: Status Highlight

1-The two arhers with a green 4 on them but still located over a street square are in the process of climbing and are conceding combat advantage. This is of particular interest to Aedan once he moves upon the roof since he will get LOS of the archer who almost completed the climb to the south (note that he has cover)

PS:Technically, once you are ON the roof you are level 5, not 4, but I didn't feel like multiplying token just for fun.

2-Sound of Stone is Dying. If someone heal him before he 'acts' this turn (make his save!), he doesn't lose his turn.

3-Mikara is burning. If she can get a free save before she takes her turn, she avoids the damage.

[sblock=Actions]
Archers:
Move: Climb walls
Clockwork starting NW (1d20+3=21, 1d20+3=15, 1d20+3=10, 1d20+3=22)
Move: Two who failed try again
1d20+3=16, 1d20+3=22

Swordmen
They all attempt their Brutal Cut encounter Power. Someone is going to bleed!
Move:TPL
Standard: Brutal Cut
vs AC 1:Dante 2:Mikara 3:Sound of Stone 4:Halcyon (1d20+7-2=24, 3d6+5=12, 1d20+7=18, 3d6+5=15, 1d20+7=22, 3d6+5=19, 1d20+7=22, 3d6+5=12)

Huh... More than one person, actually. That's a wee bit above the average of 17.5 one would expect. One has to hope that probabilties be your friend and balance with a few sucky rolls.

Dante: 24 hit for 12
Mikara: 18 miss
Sound of stone: 22 hit for 19(!)
Halcyon: 22 hit for 12

EDIT:News flash! The guy who I used to attack Halcyon was the slowed (sleep) swordman and therefore incapable of reaching him after all. On the downside, it means he still has his brutal cut power available. Same is be true of the fire elemental next to him who can just move 4 square and waste his turn. So while I'm at it:

1: save of Swordmen 2:save of fire elemental (1d20=9, 1d20=20) Swordman is unconscious now

Fire Elemental:
Move: TPL (The one on Vishim used special power to shift as minor)
Only two are able to attack
vs reflex 1:Mikara 2:Yishim (1d20+4=19, 1d20+4=9) Hit Mikara, Gains Ongoing damage 5 (fire)

Water Elemental
Move:TPL, 2 can attack
vs Fortitude 1:Halcyon 2:Dante (1d20+4=8) miss Halcyon, forgot to ask that second roll vs Dante...
vs Fortitude, Dante (1d20+4-2=9) miss

Wyrmling
1:Yishim 2:Artemis Hark (1d20+10=11, 1d4+5=8, 1d20+10=20, 1d4+5=6)

Boss and Hobgoblin; Move and Full Defense
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Big Boss: Full defense
Swordman L19:
Swordman P20: Unconscious (Save ends)
Swordman J25: 1/40 Quarry (Mik.), Cursed (Art.)
Swordman P26: 33/40
Fire Elemantal O21: 26/27 No OA TENT
Fire Elemental O23: 5/27 Marked (Halcyon)
Water ELemental P22: 24/29
Water Elemental K19: 8/29 Oath (dante)

Aedan: 19/24
Artemis Hark: 14/24
Dante: 15/27 adjacent enemies -2 TENT
Gilgamesh: 18/26 +1 AC TENT, -1H
Halcyon: 9/29 +2 defenses TENT, AP&SW spent,
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 17/24 -1H
Mikara: 35 (30) /39, AP spent, marked by swordman
Owen: 12+5/28 resilience spent, AP spent
Queen: 22/30 WS
Sound of Stone: -2/24 +2 defenses TENT, AP&SW spent
Yishim: 25/29 AP spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round3-1.jpg
    Round3-1.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 104

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: If the wyrmling is two up, does that mean it's just above ground level? That is, can the wyrmling reach people passing underneath it to make OAs?

Aidan Reed

First Post
OOC: Not sure if I'm doing the smartest move here, but I'll give it a shot.

Aedan notices the fire-elementals and the swordsman ganging up on the strange insectoid creature. "Cowards", he thinks and after a quick glimp across the rooftop, he jumps down and fires a rain of crossbow bolts. Aedan stands between the insectoid and it's assaulters like a stubborn, fragile wall. he points his crossbows at the swordsman. "You'll have to pass through me if you want to harm this creature." he snarls.

[sblock=Actions]Move action: jump/climb down 4 squares. Standard Action: Preparatory Shot Preparatory Shot (1d20+7=15) on the Swordsman on P26 [which I miss, too bad: It would have given me combat advantage]
Action Point: Scattering Shot Scattering Shot (1d20+7=8) on the same swordsman: [which I miss again]
[/sblock]

OOC: Aaaargh! I would have done 5d6 damage on the swordsman and would have pushed the elementals away, giving Owen and Yishim an attack of opporunity. Why do the dices oppose me so? :/ Sorry, Sound - can't say I didn't try. Guess I'll prepare for a beating myself.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Aah! Hello number six... Mikara backs up and looks the fire elemental from foot (er... I guess that's a foot) to flame-tip, "Look, I know you think you're a hottie and all, but back off. I'm taken," She kisses the bow she's wielding, and lets two arrows fly, taking a little more careful aim at the fiery creature.

The swordsman falls, finally relieved of what could have been a long and painful demise, while the fire elemental howls in pain. Mikara smiles wickedly while her flesh burns, the flames giving her an ominous, elemental flare of her own, "and he's a really jealous lover!"

[sblock=Actions]Could have used the save, but I didn't want to wait until later in the day to post. I'll be fine. Somebody help SoS! (...how apropos an name :D).

Move: Shift to I27
Minor: Move HQ to Fire Elemental
Standard: Twin Strike
Target1: Swordsman
Attack1: 1d20+11=25 vs. AC (not rolling damage, he's an effective minoin) Hit and Dead
Target2: Fire Elemental
Attack2: 1d20+11= 20 vs. AC for 1d12+2+1d8(HQ)=18 damage Hit!

Swordsman is Dead
Fire Elemental is Bloodied.

Save vs. Fire: 1d20=6
I could use that save now.

[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]Mikara Li Mesadh
Passive Insight 15
Passive Perception 22
Senses Low-Light Vision

HP 30; Surges Per-Day 7; AP 0
AC 20; FORT 14; REF 18 WIL 15
Speed 7 (Wildstep)

Str 10 (+0) Dex 21 (+5) Wis 17 (+3)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)

Powers:
Dagger
:bmelee: +5 vs AC 1d4 damage
Longbow
:branged:+11 vs AC 1d12 + 7 damage
Nimble Strike
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage
Twin Strike
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+2 damage per attack
Agile Recovery
Minor: Stand Up

Elven Accuracy
Free: Re-roll Attack
Evasive Strike
:melee:+5 vs. AC 2d4 damage
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 2d12+7 damage
Cut & Run
:melee:+5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

Hunter's Bear Trap
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Owen takes a moment to assess as a space has opened up in front of him. The elementals have been pushed back from the line, for now, and the leader still hangs back aways. But before he can catch his breath, his mind notes the sounds of chaos from behind him. There is trouble on the southern flank ...

He steps back one more, and takes a vicious swipe through another fire elemental, his temper beginning to show.

OOC: Move:Shift to N24
Standard: Reaping Strike vs. Fire Elemental @ O25
(Attack 1d20+8=24 vs. AC) Hit.
Furious Assault +1[W]. (Damage 2d10+4=6)
Fire Elemental: O25 takes six damage and is marked.

[sblock=mini stat block]Owen Skarlson- Male Half-Orc Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:6 (+2 when charging)
HP:12+5/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0

Conditions

Powers
Combat Agility, Reaping Strike, Threatening Rush
[-]Furious Assault[/-], [-]Half-Orc Resilience[/-], Second Wind, Spinning Sweep
[-]Flanking Assault[/-]
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
The watery sprite succeeds in getting Halcyon's attention momentarily as his chosen target wanders off across the battlefield, and he turns to face the new threat with an almost careless sweeping upswing of his sword. The mighty blow smashes straight through the foe's liquid form in a torrential crash of water as the elemental's cohesion is shattered.

Halcyon nods with satisfaction and strides purposefully after the fiery menace that is attempting to escape his notice. He surveys the battlefield as he goes and can't help but notice that his elven ally appears to be on fire, and trying without much success to put herself out. Swiftly he unclasps his cloak with one hand and hurls it towards her in a high arc over the battle, crimson silk billowing out behind the heavy bronze clasp. "Mikara!" he booms, alerting her in time to catch it. "Use this."

[sblock=OOC]Standard: Divine Pursuit on Water Elemental P22: 1d20+7=15 vs Fort, hit, Damage 2d10+12=29, Water Elemental killed[/sblock]

Move: Shift to P24, sustaining Divine Challenge on the Fire Elemental at O25 (9 radiant damage, instagibbing it if it tries to attack anybody else).

Minor: Divine Mettle on Mikara, she gets a save with a +2 bonus.[/sblock]

[sblock]Halcyon, Warforged Paladin 1
Initiative: -1, Senses: Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 13, Will 15
HP 9/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 11/12
Saving Throws +2 against ongoing damage, can take roll or 10 on death saves
Speed 5

Action Points 0

Powers
Warforged Resolve
Divine Pursuit
Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Blazing Brand
Ardent Vow x3 x2

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
4 gp

Conditions
- [/sblock]

OOC: Mikara, you get a save with a +2. Don't set fire to Halcyon's cloak please, he needs it to keep up his reputation as Daunton's best-dressed Warforged.

With the Water Elemental down and the Fire Elemental denied OAs, someone (Queen?) should now be able to safely get through and Coup de Grace the sleeping swordsman.

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=question for Mal]
Mal, is the wyrmling out of reach at its current position? Does it have reach?

For rb780nm, I do plan on healing SoS before his turn this round. [/sblock]

Remove ads