(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Hmm, I've been thinking about what you said yesterday Iggy, and you made a good point. Why would someone, or something, take all the trouble to get the Finder to the Key, and then leave it behind in some badly guarded warehouse. I'm also wondering, if such a 'shapeshifter', or whatever you called it, was able to change into a creature, could it also possibly change into the item itself?

For the rest, let's get another good night sleep.
"

JDragon

Explorer
"Perhaps the shapeshifter that stole it was in the process of trying to sell the Finder when we interrupted? At this point, I'm not sure it matters, we just need to keep moving and be aware that we are not the only ones looking for the key."

Will Rogier have been able to do anymore healing the day we traveled? I'm still a bit sore from the fight at the warehouse. (thanks)

Sebastian will also look over what was in the pouches the thugs had, when he has some time to himself.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Right. Iggy will prepare read magic the first night, & peruse the spellbook the second.

"We need to be extra cautious. Not only does our enemy know who we are, but it knows we have the finder and are coming. I think the most likely senerio is that the creature tried to escape & couldn't take the finder through the mousehole. Another option is we're being set-up somehow." Iggy will examine the finder & see if he can tell if it has been tampered with.

Lichtenhart

First Post
"About the enemy knowing who we are... that's what I wanted to discuss with you. If anther shapechanger comes our way, I'd like to be able to know immediately if one of us has been unfortunately... replaced. Shouldn't each one of us have something like a secret word, so we can be sure?"

Mithreander

Explorer
As the group sets up camp, a loud sound of something rushing through the woods towards the group can be heard! It sounds like an animal charging!

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"I don't know that having a secret word would help. Last time the creature took my form, it seemed to know what had transpired with us. But it couldn't not duplicate my spell ability. We all have special gifts. We need to all know what we can do that the creature could not, in order to prevent our being replaced. Oh, what's this..."

Iggy pulls up his crossbow and glances around for cover as he hears the animal approach.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"What's that?"
Rogier jumps up, searching for his axe and shield, trying to see what comes their way. He uses his ability to Detect Magic in the area of the sound.

Mithreander

Explorer
Out of the forest, a boar charges out of the forest. Seeing the party it stops, snorting out it's breath in quick rasps, as if trying to catch it's breath, the white of it's eyes showing in it's fear and apprehention.

|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F| | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F| | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | |F| | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F| | | |R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R| | |F|F|F| | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
| | | |R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R| | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|R|R|R|R|R|R|R| | | | | |R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R| | | | | | | | | |
|R|R|R|R|R| | | | | | | | |R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|R|
|F|F|F|F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | | | |
|F|F|F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F| | | | | | |C| | | | | | |B|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|
|F|F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|S|
|F|F|F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | | | |F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|S|S|
|F|F|F|F|F|F|F| | | | | | | | |S|S|S|S|S|S|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|S|S|S|
|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|F|F|F|F|F|S|S|S|F|
|F|F|F|F|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|F|F|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|F|
|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|S|F|F|
|S|S|S|S|S|S|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|F|

C=Camp Fire
R=Road
F=Forest
S=Stream (about 2 feet deep in the center)
B=Boar

Please place you selves on the above map so that I know how to execute the next part of this encounter, thanks!

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy will position himself beside the fire on the opposite side from the boar.

OOC: This is our second day out, is it not? Does that mean Iggy has had a chance to use his read magic on the spell book?

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: Sure, why not? She had 9 spells in her spell book beyond the normal cantrips: Magic Missile, Enlarge, Mage Armor, Shield, Color Spray, Mount, Burning Hands, Invisability, and Mirror Image.

Remove ads