(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Mithreander

Explorer
"I'm not at liberty to say what we suspected they were doing in there. Thank you for your co-operation, it's much appreciated. I'm sure that the next tenants will thank you as well." the spoksperson for the crossbowmen says as he grabs the two prisoners from the group. "Oh, and I'd get out of this area. People tend not to like people who stir up problems. Just friendly advise." the man says over his shoulder as he walks towards the building he had come from.

Mithreander

Explorer
The thug seemed down cast, but in no means any more then he would have been if handed to a jailer.

The group travels in the direction that the needle indicates and finds taht they have to transverse the cliffs to get further then they are. Not surprised, the group finds stairs leading up and follow them up. After climbing 1000' of stairs in switch back, the group is ready for another rest at the top of the crator.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Let's set up camp here for a while. Those stairs were quite a climb."
Rogier looks at the rest of the party, waiting for agreement before he actually sits down and take a rest.

JDragon

Explorer
"Sounds good, I'll go make sure we were not followed."

Sebastian will go a little ways back along the path the group took to make sure no one has followed the party.

If he sees nothing, he'll return to the party and rest.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

OOC: what time of day is it? Iggy could use a nights rest to get his spells back. Should he have his second level spell selection or his first? I believe so far today he's only cast color spray & mage armor (only - that's about all he has!)

Lichtenhart

First Post
Serene Wind undresses and begins the kata he always does before sleeping, the Dance of Harmony. He focuses first the energies of earth to gather all the weariness and heaviness of his body, then he calls upon the water to make his limbs fluid and relaxed, then fire to rekindle the warmth in his muscles, air to make his breath deep and regular, life to restore the energies lost during the day, and finally death to grant him quiet and sweet repose.
When he finishes, he puts on his suit again, reminds himself he'll have to find another obi for it, and drifts to a calm sleep.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"It's probably worth giving some thought to our situation while we're resting here. Lets see. Someone has stolen this important key from Mithreander the wizard. He then gives us this finder to help us get it back. We are then attacked by some shapeshifter, who steals it from us. How would he/it have known that we had it? We then, after a tangle with the law, get a tip from Mithreander where we can find the finder. Once there, we break into a semi-abandoned warehouse, only to find other theives there w/bags of body parts. The finder is there, seemingly given to us by some magical being. So, our questions are:
1. Who took the key? Probabaly someone w/ inside knowledge, who knew we came and that Mithreander gave us the finder.
2. someone takes the key from us. Why was it given back. Lets recallect on this one. Does anyone remember if that hole in the wall was big enough to fit the finder through? Could it be that the only reason the finder was left there was that it couldn't fit through that hole, and its holder didn't want to fight us?
3. Who were those other theives & what were they doing there? Perhaps that is only tangental to our mission.

Either way, the key holders probably now know we're coming & may well set a trap. We must be at full strength when we get there.

Mithreander

Explorer
The group makes camp in the late evening sunshine, and by the time they complete their preparations, night had trully fallen.

THis close to the city, they sleep well. The next morning they continue thier treck towards the future and the 'key'.

The finder could NOT have fit in the mouse hole, if that's what it was.

Sabastian sees nothing had followed the group.

The following day, the group follows the finder's directions and once more evening begins to fall. The previous day had been uneventful and the evening seems to be pleasent as well.

The group once more makes camp.

OOC: Please feel free to talk about your plans. I'm just moving this allong to get you to the meat of the story.

Remove ads