[Adventure] Scratching the Surface (Judge: Stonegod)

On Puget Sound

First Post
When you say "disappeared"... how exactly do you mean? Did they actually vanish while under observation, or just not show up where and when they were expected? Did any disappear together while in a group, or always at a time and place where they were alone? Any reports of sound or noise, any unusual or different behavior in the days before they vanished, any footprints, marks or stains noticed afterwards? Is there a commonality like always happening at the same time of day? Did anyone disappear who was armed and able to defend themselves, like the mercenaries?

[sblock=ooc] Ryk wants a Goblin Totem boomerang +2, though of course once he has it it will be a Talenta Totem boomerang. He has noticed that almost everything is bigger than he is, and while the boomerang is flavorful it lacks hitting power; this should help him be a proper striker.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"The good tree-thing is right, we should have some guarantee of payment, maybe some deposit note from House Kundarak holding our payment in escrow?" Riaan adds, then considers their mission.

I am certain Lord Rhogar is taking care of this as we speak, but feel free to ask him on the ship tomorrow morning when we meet up with him again.

When you say "disappeared"... how exactly do you mean? Did they actually vanish while under observation, or just not show up where and when they were expected? Did any disappear together while in a group, or always at a time and place where they were alone? Any reports of sound or noise, any unusual or different behavior in the days before they vanished, any footprints, marks or stains noticed afterwards? Is there a commonality like always happening at the same time of day? Did anyone disappear who was armed and able to defend themselves, like the mercenaries?

I'm afraid my knowledge of the story is third hand at best. You'd be better off asking those questions of the miners once we arrive in Sourl'ash. But as far as I know only miners and the chief engineer are among the missing.

"You say you've lost an engineer though? Do you have a description or portrait of this Kharrath to assist in our investigations?"

Lord Rhogar will have his portrait, he has everyone's portrait on file, even yours. But I can tell you that Kharrath is genasi, one of the lightning ones. He's also a master of artifice.

Almightyfoon

First Post
Serek shifted in his seat, making the first noise he had since he'd been there. It was almost like he hadn't been there he was so strangely quiet, "Which variety of the inloilfrey are coming from the mine?" Serek shifted his weight again in the chair. "Superstious creatures pulling inloilfrey from the bussom of Eberron, and one of my kind appears. This should be an... interesting experience." Serek says chuckling.

[sblock=ooc]I'll get back to you on the wishlist item. And Inloilfrey is Shard in draconic.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

Varis cannot think of anything more to ask. He hopes that any other useful informations will be revealed by Rhorgar anyway. Like that the main target they are searching for is not an orc, but a genasi.
And if not... he can only be held responsible for thinks he knows and for his stories later, he will know how to fill the holes...

[sblock=OOC (includes wishlist)]

Wishlist:
Level 2 Eberron dragonshard of lightning
upgrades to +2 for current sword and armor.

[sblock=Mini stat block]

Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"So, do you think we can rest here tonight? I am sure a location such as this has appropriate lodgings for overnight stays." Riaan says, himself satisfied with their answers.

pacdidj

First Post
"Excellent, well that settles it. We set sail tomorrow morning," Crush declares, satisfied with the herald's answers.

Seconding Riaan's sentiments the warforged says, "Yes, we should secure lodging for those who need sleep. We'll want to be at the top of our form when we meet Lord Rhogar tomorrow."

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak Bole (A.K.A. Swarmwhisper), Wilden Swarm Druid/Artificer 5

Discussion In The Cell

Karananak's leans forward as the question and answer portion of the meeting seems to be coming to a close, the tree man addresses the herald. "Do yuh be tinkin dis Lod Raga could be rangin fah I an I tuh be gettin paid in residuum den?" [sblock=Actions]Free: Speak
Minor:
Move: take a seat at the table
Standard: ...[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Cold Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Summon Shadow Ape
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily ✦ Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter ✦ Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.
[sblock=Summons]Pack Wolf—Summons 1
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
Bite +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+7 damage, and if the wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is knocked prone (+1d6 extra dmg).
Instinctive Effect:
If Karananak hasn't given the wolf any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent prone creature. If it can't do that, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

Shadow Ape—Summons 5
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6, Climb 4
Slam +10 vs. Reflex; 1d8+7 damage, and all creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Instinctive Effect: If Karananak hasn't given the ape any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.[/sblock]
Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Intro post with description.

Looks like we've got a full house.

You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below. :cool:[sblock=Translation]"Do you think this Lord Rhogar can arrange for me to get paid in residuum?"[/sblock][/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Well, if there is no other way I can be of assistance, then perhaps some rest is in order. I suggest you try to be early to the pier, Lord Rhogar is a very punctual person.

OOC: Now is the chance to ask any final questions. I'll be away for the rest of the weekend, and would like to pick up with getting to the boat on Monday.

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak Bole (A.K.A. Swarmwhisper), Wilden Swarm Druid/Artificer 5

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed

Karananak waits on the appropriate dock at the appointed hour, backpack snuggly secured and staff in hand. The cool morning ocean air whistles softly through the tiny black leaves of his afro, occasionally catching the hole in the flute in his belt just right to elicit the occasional musical note. A wagnerian snore comes from inside his thick leather vest, bringing an easy smile to his broad and barky lips. The heavy, salt water soaked dockwood gives appealingly to the razor sharp claws of the druid's wide splayed toes.[sblock=Actions]Free: Lazily gaze across the southern sea
Minor:
Move: Languidly walk the dock
Standard: fidget with a bit of rope[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Cold Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Summon Shadow Ape
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily ✦ Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter ✦ Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.
[sblock=Summons]Pack Wolf—Summons 1
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6
Bite +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+7 damage, and if the wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is knocked prone (+1d6 extra dmg).
Instinctive Effect:
If Karananak hasn't given the wolf any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent prone creature. If it can't do that, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

Shadow Ape—Summons 5
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 — Speed: 6, Climb 4
Slam +10 vs. Reflex; 1d8+7 damage, and all creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Instinctive Effect: If Karananak hasn't given the ape any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.[/sblock]
Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Intro post with description.

Looks like we've got a full house.

You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below. :cool:[sblock=Translation]...[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases