(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
[It's evening for me right now. 22:28. I'll be awake for another hour or so...]

[edit]I have a reception in my student union...I'll probably update once more today...:S I wanna update once a day at least, but yesterday I waited because I wanted to give other people a chance to post...[/edit]

OOC: Not a problem... I hadn't realized you were on the other side of the world :). I'll be patient, but will sum up my entire plan, so that maybe you can move us ahead a little more quickly.

Jack double checks that all his gear is secured tightly against jostling and jingling, then he pulls his cloak about himself, ducks into the deepest shadows, and sets to work...

Here's the plan:

Jack is going to quietly make his way down the west corridor toward the areas that Janos marked on the map.

He will listen carefully at the door to both the 'living room' and the 'guest room'. If he hears nothing from either room, and the doors are unlocked, then he will take a careful peek inside each room and a good look down the hallway on the west side of the house. Foremost, however, he is watching for the 'golems' that supposedly patrol the corridors. He will look around corners, and keep a continual watch out for them. If he catches the slightest glimpse of a golem or any of the guards, he will head straight to the nearest hiding spot.

I'll post more, once he's seen the 'living room' and 'guest room', but his ultimate goal is to reach the Servant/Slave Quarters and Wood Storage on the west side of the house without being seen.

Janos Audron

Explorer
Jack moves into the corridor, which isn't decorated, and reaches the door of the living room. He waits for almost half a minute, but he doesn't hear any sound. He opens the door and he sees a well lit room with comfortable chairs, a beautifully decorated table, curtains with battle scenes sewn into them and a number of statues. The luxerous room is obviously here to impress guests...

He moves further and he finds the door to the guest room. Here too Jack listens for some time and hears nothing. When he peeks inside he sees another expensively decorated room.

Jack moves further down the corridor, untill he reaches the door to the slave quarters. Behind the door he hears two people talking softly to eachother.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
Jack moves further down the corridor, untill he reaches the door to the slave quarters. Behind the door he hears two people talking softly to eachother.

Still watching out for patrols and guards, Jack listens long enough to get the gist of the conversation behind the door. He double-checks the slaves' door for a lock, and then glances up and down the corridor, just in case he missed any other doors in his haste.

Jack is trying to hear what the people behind the door are saying, or at least the tone of their conversation.

If there are any other doors in the hallway, Jack will check them in the same manner he checked the living room and guest room. If he hears or sees signs of the guards or golems approaching, he'll duck into the guest room, close the door quietly behind him, and hide.

Hide +12, Move Silently +10, Listen +8, Spot +6, Sense Motive +3.

Would it be possible to get an updated map?

Janos Audron

Explorer
The people behind the door talk in the same language of the guards, so you don't really understand what they are saying. Whatever it is, it probably isn't really important, since they sound quite relaxed and laugh ocasionally...

The door has no lock.

[updated map attached. This is what Jack has seen in the house. The X is where Jack is listening. The dots are doors.]

The door in the middle seems to be important and there are two statues standing in front of the door. The statues are two monsters: they have claws, fangs, wings and a tail. They are sculpted incredibly lifelike, like the humans and other creatures on the fountain...

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: Much like last time, the map is nothin' but an X. E-mail it to me again?

edit: Incidentally, will be out this weekend, from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
[updated map attached. This is what Jack has seen in the house. The X is where Jack is listening. The dots are doors.]

OOC: I see nothing attached at all.

Janos Audron said:
The door in the middle seems to be important and there are two statues standing in front of the door. The statues are two monsters: they have claws, fangs, wings and a tail. They are sculpted incredibly lifelike, like the humans and other creatures on the fountain...

"Must be the wizard's private rooms. Those statues'd be the golem-guards, I'd guess," Jack thinks to himself. "No need to go in there just yet."

Janos Audron said:
The people behind the door talk in the same language of the guards, so you don't really understand what they are saying. Whatever it is, it probably isn't really important, since they sound quite relaxed and laugh ocasionally...

The door has no lock.

Jack wraps his cloak about himself to cover his weapons as well as possible. He eases the door to the slave quarters open just enough to squeeze through and quietly steps into the room.

Assuming that the inhabitants are just slaves and servants...

Once the occupants notice him, he puts a finger to his lips, "Shush," He says quietly, "No need to speak up, now. I need a little help from you blokes, and I might be able to return the favor, eh?"

If you need them... Move Silently +10, Sense Motive +3, Diplomacy +0.

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
[Jack, I can't email you at the email provided in your profile...

Further: there was no map attached: the boards were giving me trouble last night: my browser didn't want to open the Manage Attachments window. Anyway, look for the file at http://home.planet.nl/~arend674/temp/Jack.zip ]

The slaves are in two adjecent beds and talking to eachother. One of them sees the door opening and he jumps out of bed. You "shh!" them and tell them that you want help. They start whispering nervously. With fear in their eyes, they back away from you, never letting you out of their sight...

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
[Jack, I can't email you at the email provided in your profile...

Further: there was no map attached: the boards were giving me trouble last night: my browser didn't want to open the Manage Attachments window. Anyway, look for the file at http://home.planet.nl/~arend674/temp/Jack.zip ]

[Sorry, old address. MWDomeier at hotmail dot com is better.]

Janos Audron said:
The slaves are in two adjecent beds and talking to eachother. One of them sees the door opening and he jumps out of bed. You "shh!" them and tell them that you want help. They start whispering nervously. With fear in their eyes, they back away from you, never letting you out of their sight...

"Figures," Jack sighs in exasperation, "It's never easy is it?" Staying close to the door, he pulls out a pair of silver coins and holds them up in clear sight of the slaves. He follows them slowly, and repeats his earlier greeting in the common, dwarf, halfling, and goblin languages in the hopes that the slaves might understand one of them.

At the same time, he makes a quick visual search of the room.

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
You see six beds some chairs and a table. There is also a closet in the corner of the room.

They don't seem to react to your greetings in all those languages, but when you show them the silverpieces they stop moving away from you. They are still talking to eachother, but one of them walks towards you, nods, and holds his hand up.

Remove ads