(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Alright, just tell me what you need help with. I've emailed Janos. I'm not current with this adventure anymore, so I'm unsure of what to do if he doesn't pop up. If it would be best for me to take his place long enough to resolve the current combat, I could do something like that for you.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Well, we got mass teleported to some distant location. The mage whom Janos (the NPC) wanted us to kill is still at large, and possibly going after Janos himself. Elimination of the mage would seem to be the precondition of us being Mass Teleported back; on the other hand, that would wrap up the adventure in a way that requires DM-level distribution of rewards, etc. So I really don't know. Perhaps Janos (the person) could reccomend something.

Pbartender

First Post
One of the other judges can confirm or deny these rulings as they see fit, but I wanted to get something concrete posted so that our characters can move on to other adventures.

If I had been DMing, the following is what I would award the group for XP and treasure...

[Judgehat]

Experience:
  • 800 XP, for 8 months of game-time.
  • 100 XP, for each responding properly in-character to Janos' job offer. (CR 1 Roleplaying)
  • 100 XP, for information gained during Janos' mission briefing. (CR 1 Roleplaying)
  • 100 XP, for bypassing the house defenses. (CR 1 Magic Trap)
  • 0 XP, for getting caught and imprisioned.
  • 100 XP, for interrogating a Charmed Jack during imprisionment. (CR 1 Rolplaying)
  • 200 XP for combat encounters against house guards. (Two CR1 Combats)
Total: 1300 XP each.

Treasure:
  • 120 gp
  • 30 pp
  • Several candlesticks and candelabras (2000 gp total value)
  • Masterwork Greatsword (350 gp value)
  • +1 Shortsword (2310 gp value)
  • Arcane Scroll of Detect Magic, Magic Weapon & Fox's Cunning (187 gp, 5 sp value)
Total current value: 5267 gp, 5 sp.
Total 'market' value: 2848 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp.

Notes:

The treasure does not include the 500 gp each payment from Janos.

Since they were never specified, I determined the coins, the value of the candelsticks and the spells on the scroll randomly as if they were treasure for two CR 1 encounters.

I assume the Greatsword was mastersword, since it was described as very high quality but not magical.

I assumed that the short sword was simply +1, since it was obviously magical, and that is the bare minimum enhancement for a magical weapon. I'm ignoring the fact that it was described as bone, since the material penalty would cancel out the enhancement bonuses, effectively making it a very expensive, but purple-glowing, 'normal' short sword... And that's practically useless to anyone (though it'd look pretty neat). The short sword has been left as medium-sized, since it would never make sense for a human wizard (with human cohorts) to create small-sized magical weapons.

[/Judgehat]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Now we just need to divide it. Jack and Fant, obviously, plus Quickwhip (whether or not he's still here?) and Draven(?).

It seems like all the actual gear will need to be liquidated, save the masterwork greatsword. We've got no arcane spellcasters for the scrolls, the candlesticks are sort of a gimme, and I don't think anyone wants the short sword. After that, it's all easily devided cash. We just need to decide whether it's devided 2, 3, or 4 ways.

Shall the offical story be that Janos blasted the guy himself, stiffed us on the basis we didn't do the job, and teleported us back?

Last edited:

Remove ads