• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Now now, I asked you the same question - first! :) Seriously though, I think Gark's going to wait for a response to his two questions before answering.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"I was tricked by a changeling, rescued by strangers. Then someone of them got most likely killed and I had a discussion with an apparation and fought undead and a dragonthing. And now here is another complete stranger who demands a report without proofing his intentions and words?" Varis asks back, starting to getting angry. This shifter somehow reminds him on someone...

[sblock=ooc]
yes, he asked first, but he is alone... And by the description he got, he should be relatively sure now, who the others are.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 4 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"Tricked by a changeling... That's original." Gark rolls his eyes.

"Demanding a report - without proof? First sir, I don't demand anything of you. I was just asking why someone who wasn't in my original intelligence was here. I hardly think that's an unreasonable request. Second, we're standing in a %&$#! hidden forge of House Cannath, a stone's throw from the Mournland! I suppose we all just happened to wander in here to get out of the weather?"

Walking Dad

First Post

"You still act like a commander of a patrol who has encountered a suspicious group on it's ground. But you are alone. Nobody here knows you. You are insulting me, implying that I'm a liar. If you got intelligence of the others of this group, were you hired to help or to annoy? I mean, you are a stranger, you encountered a group of individuals, you were looking for, were you told to find them and recognized most of them, but we have to proof who we are to you?" Varis still asks back, getting angrier. From somewhere, wind seems to stir his hair.

[sblock=ooc]
Looks like Gark and Varis will become fast friends ;)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
Gark looks hard at the bard, apparently inspecting him for a head injury. "So anyone who doesn't suffer from paranoid delusions care to continue this conversation?"

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, but I couldn't resist. :) Honestly though, other than rolling his eyes - a flippant response to a flippant response (and an attempt at a 4th-wall breaking joke) - I don't think Gark has been quite as aggressively mocking as Varis seems to think; he's honestly just been asking questions (well, until now). He just does it from a perspective that doesn't understand others very well (over-privileged kid). He's also been pretty much completely straightforward. Just wanted to put that out there in case my writing has come off a bit strong - I really did not mean for it to be. I'm trying to walk a fine line between arrogant and insulting, and I guess I'm not doing a very good job.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Gark looks hard at the bard, apparently inspecting him for a head injury. "So anyone who doesn't suffer from paranoid delusions care to continue this conversation?"
The halfling shakes his head. He's obviously not here by accident, and he was hired. He knows who we are, which is not usually known from those outside—its not like we've been here that long. No reason to kill him. He looks to the half-elf. And your story was a bit strange. But we saw you tied up by those hobs we killed, so its unlikely your a problem as well. So either we argue until several of us our dead, or we get on with the getting on. The older halfling looks at all of them a moment, then shrugs and gets on with his business of searching the northern room.

They'd kill themselves or not. Hopefully not.

Walking Dad

First Post

Varis shrugs and follows the halfling, ignoring the shifter and his demands.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Haltor moves to the door, opens it up, and is greeted by a hallway that goes forward twenty feet, then splits left and right, with another path continuing forward, but it is blocked by a collapsed ceiling. Moving forward you see the hallway to the left advances for another twenty feet or so and ends in a closed double door, while the other extends for over one hundred feet and ends in a closed double door.

Remove ads