• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak scrunches his brow in thought. "As long as they are going to go into good hands, I am fine with keeping them. We'll worry about that later though, lets move on...this way."

[sblock=ooc]Thirded.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
"Hold it!" Harressh roars at the stranger. He points his staff threateningly. "Who in Khyber's name are you?? What are you doing here??"

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"Who are you, friend?" Varis asks, trying to discern the strangers intents.

[sblock=ooc]
Would noow use insight and diplomacy vs. an NPC.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 4 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Upon closer inspection, you see that the humanoid is in fact a longtooth shifter wielding a glaive. His clothes are indeed of quite fine linen. Upon seeing the group, he quickly holsters his weapon on his back and puts his hands forward, palms out. Calmly, he begins, "Greetings, all. I am Gark. Hmm. Seems there are more of you than I was told...

I was hired to investigate this area by a certain contractor. Specifically, I was told that a group generally matching your description was sent here before me and that it had lost some members. I was sent to find out what happened. Now, may I ask, why are you here?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The halfling—old for his kind, deeply tanned and scarred—looks at the newcomer from his similarly aged lizard mount, though the latter has seen several fight recently. After a moment, he shrugs.

I am Haltor of the People. These others are Harresh of the south, Varak of the Wastes, and Varis of the Storm. He indicates the draagonborn, halfork, and the khoravar in turn. A woman of the forge hired us to find out who or what infiltrated this place. As far as we can tell, goblins. But we've only come so far. Its not without its defenses.

evilbob

Explorer
"I see. Very well, as we are all standing in an ancient, hidden forge, the very existence of which is highly suspect, I suppose there's no reason to be clandestine. To elaborate further, I was also hired to inspect this forge as it was suspected to have been compromised. I was told the previous group sent to do this were dropping like flies. I am here to support your endeavor.

I was told of the three of you, but that one -"
he points to the bard "- was not on the list. I'm also interested to know more of the woman who hired you, just to be certain."

[sblock=color]Is my gold text different enough than ryryguy's yellow? Or should I pick something else?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"'This one' is here because of circumstances outside his control. Do you have your contract with you, as evidence for your words?" Varis asks back. The half-elf has handsome dark blond and the Lyrandar nose. He wears a very fine made chainmail with a greenish blue tint and a red cape. On his back is a backpack and a shield, made from some kind of dark wood, that depicts weeping elf maidens. On his side are a longsword and a flute.

[sblock=ooc]
Would noow use insight and diplomacy vs. an NPC.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 4 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I would assume the contracts were still with the people who wanted to keep them.[/sblock]
"'Circumstances outside your control' - that led you to an ancient, illegal forge? As I said there's hardly any reason to be secretive."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Contracts]
Yes, the contract creators would keep them (i.e. HOuse Cannith) with House Sivis keeping a copy on file for posterity's sake.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak takes notice of the man as well, he is not immediately hostile towards the shifter like he was the bard. The barbarian keeps his blades out for the moment though he lowers them. The tips of the black and silver weapons nearly touch the stone floor. The newcomer didn't speak like nor dress like the hobgoblins. He still wished to confirm the new ones story.

"Can you describe who hired you?" The half-orc waits for a response from the shifter, hoping he describes the woman in detail.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads