• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Them? No, they aint here to kill me. They already had the perfect chance. But, if I really think about it, I'd realize you have no way of knowing of their recent arrival unless someone had informed you about us. Since we've killed or driven off any of yours we've found, it can only mean you're working with that untrustworthy shade. That'll turn out I'll for you, I am sure.

He pauses a moment, adjusting his armor and regarding the leader. Cannith may well wish to do me in, but they'll kill you first. If your patron is Cannith as well as you imply, they've got every reason to dispose of you. So, it looks bad for you either way... Unless yu let us pass and we silence your problem.

renau1g

First Post
"We'll see who's right I suppose, no risk, no reward they say" she retorts with a shrug, her hand reaching to a lever on the machinery and she pulls it down.

Suddenly the catwalk drops, sending the heroes crashing to the floor, the ground is hard and unforgiving as they fall, Deimos manages to grab onto the steel rail on the side, slowing his descent before landing on the ground. The female snaps her fingers and the mercenaries launch into action, but some of the adventurers react faster than the hobgoblins expect.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Valsath activates a trap! vs ref (gark, Haltor, Braddock, Mal, Tock, Talso) (1d20+11=31, 1d20+11=17, 1d20+11=28, 1d20+11=27, 1d20+11=20, 1d20+11=28, 1d20+11=14) hits everyone. You fall to the ground, taking falling damange (1d10=10) 10 damage

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
V: ?? AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
h: ?? AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
B: ?? AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
D: ?? AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
V1: uninjured
B1: uninjured
B2: uninjured
D1: uninjured
h1-6: uninjured

Gark: 38/48; 4/9 surges, prone
Haltor: 32/42; 2/7 surges,
White-Eye: 36/46; 1 HS used, prone
Braddock: 37/37, prone
Deimos: 36/36,
Mal: 27/37, prone
Tock: 32/42, prone
Talos: 39/49, prone

Init:
init (gark, haltor, Braddock, Deimos, Mal, Tock, Talos, hobbos( (1d20+4=6, 1d20+6=16, 1d20+3=21, 1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=6, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+3=10, 1d20+8=10)

Ok, so Haltor, Braddock, Deimos, Talos and Tock are up. (forgot +2 for init for Combat Leader)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]
Pits: These pits were once used to dispose of refuse. They are 20 feet deep (DC 20 Athletics to climb)

Steel Drums: These drums are low (4-foot) obstacles that hold old alchemical reagents and hinder ground movement. A creature can hop atop one as part of a move action with a successful DC 10 Athletics check, treating the square as difficult terrain. A creature can instead use an entire move action to clamber atop one without a check. Otherwise, a steel drum blocks movement into its square.

Arcane Machinery: The machinery is blocking terrain. Each piece of machinery is about 10 feet high
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=OOC/actions] Free action: allow Tock to shift 3 (Battlefront Shift)

We can all make an acrobatics check to reduce the damage, neh?

Roll forthcoming, JIC.

Edit: That should reduce damage by 7, unless I'm misremembering the errata.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Which of those rolls was vs Deimos Reflex? If it was the 20 vs reflex, he would use the Shield power (using it as a lift to bring him down more slowly, as fluff). Got an 18 before realized the check is trained only :(

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Given Gark's acrobatics of 3, I'm not going to bother a roll. :) He hits the ground.

As for my whopping 6 initiative, r1: you don't have to roll LIKE me when you're rolling FOR me! ;)[/sblock]

raion

First Post
Tock lands in a crouch in the wreckage, rolls forward immediately, and launches himself into the action. "Any reason not to kill 'em?" he yells as he clashes with the hob.

[sblock=actions]tumble check (no damage)
shift from Mal to R10
stand
charge H4 with CA due to Init, 21 vs AC, 44 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=rolls]Tumble;Attack w/CA+Charge;Damage + Sneak + Charging (1d20+12=30, 1d20+14+1+2=21, 1d6+9+2d8+1d6+1d8+2+1d6=44)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tock]Tock - Male Human Rogue (Thief) 5
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 21, Will: 16 -- Speed: 6
HP: 42/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Tactician's Trick
Thug's Trick
Unbalancing Trick
Tumble
Backstab
Backstab(2)
Heroic Effort
Vanguard Short Sword Power
Dragonclaw Leather Armor Power

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Valintaquin_Tock_d'Tharashk_(froggalpha) [/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=Initiative] While it doesn't help me, shouldn't everyone's init be 2 higher due to Haltor's Combat Leader class feature? Looking at the map we should all be able to see/hear him.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The hobgoblin bats aside the short sword of Tock with his bow, snarling at the human.

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, the +2 for Talos bumps him before the enemies. nobody else is effected by it.

Deimos was not hit by the trap, so he lands on his feet without damage, so you still have shield WD

Tock misses. Where are the damage dice coming from? I get the 2d8 as SA, 1d8 as Vanguard property, 1d6 as Horned Helm, but there is a 1d6's I'm not familiar with?
[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Tock misses. Where are the damage dice coming from? I get the 2d8 as SA, 1d8 as Vanguard property, 1d6 as Horned Helm, but there is a 1d6's I'm not familiar with?
Surprising Charge Feat: when charging with a light blade or spear while you have CA, add 1[W] to the damage roll.

Raion's busy with work for a portion of the day.

BTW, ShadRS is driving about 13 hours to Georgia today so he may not be responsive. I'll work on getting him to post sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock picks himself up off the hard floor, "Right. Then. Let's get to it."

"Aye, King, I could use your help," he mutters, talking to know one in particular. Braddock's eyes flash in a brilliant light, the hobgoblin across the floor winces in pain.

[sblock=actions] Machines obstruct LOS, correct? From what I'm seeing, Braddock can only see H2 in square G9, let me know if this is incorrect.
Move: Stand.
Minor: Warlock's Curse H2. Braddock gains +1 to NAD TENT.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige against H2 (will): 1d20+9, 1d6+10 → ([15, 9], [3, 10]) Roll Lookup . Hit Will 24 for 13 damage. Next ally who hits H2 can make a saving throw TENT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 4 Warlock
Active Vestige: King Elldyr (Eyes: Next ally gets saving throw. Boon: Adjacent ally gets +2 defenses.)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 18 NAD: F:19 (18) R:18 (17) W:15 (14)
HP: 37/47 Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +11 vs. AC, 1d10+9

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads