• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I missed the OA drawing action on the last burst. That's my bad. Currently, we're in the middle of a battle so I'm not ok with swapping feats partway through. The judges as a group will need to decide about the feat swap as the PC is approved, so I can't unilaterally allow it. I did mention in my original email that Staff Expertise was an allowed feat. Considering the situation though, I'll allow you to retcon your action WD.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

Deimos summons fiery strands to kill the hobgoblin next to him a throw away the last bugbear. Then he moves the fire sphere away from his allies.

[sblock=OOC]

Thanks renau1g. Will try to keep as many of my old rolls as possible

Ap: Second wind
Free: Change damage to fire
Standard: Beguiling strands to include h5
B strands vs B2: 1d20 + 9 = 20
B strands vs h5: 1d20 + 9 = 18
vs Will. Both take 5 fire damage and B2 is pushed to 11I
Minor: sustain Flaming sphere
Move: Flaming sphere to 12H, damaging D1 and B2
Flaming sphere auto damage (1d4+8=11)
Save: save (move, stand up) (1d20=5)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 19 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 5 / 8
At-Will Powers: Flaming Staff, Magic Missle, Freezing Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Color Spray, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Extra fire damage

Condition: prone, cannot shift or stand up (save ends), +2 all defenses
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

ShadRS

First Post
Talos once more pulls himself to his feet. "Alright, lets try that again." With that he charges the nearby bug bear.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Stand Up
Standard: Second Wind (heal 12 and all defenses up by +2)
Action Point: Charge (into J10) and Bull Rush B2 with the aim to push it into I12. Reusing the 10 rolled below, thats a 17 vs. Fortitude, which misses, but he's still marked.

Action Point:Charge using Knockdown Assault on V1 moving into K11. Does not provoke OAs for the charge due to his Badge of the Beserker. Assuming it hits, Marking.
Edit: Hits on a 21 causing 12 damage and she is knocked prone.
Minor: (Edit: Ignore this) Assuming the charge is successful, triggering the daily on his Vanguard Craghammer. Though not sure how that works with the way rounds are done.

Saving throw versus on going damage. (Edit: 2 blargh)

Rolls for all forthcoming.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]As I've been reminding she's marked whether I hit or not. Also, scratch the minor action, forgot charging prevents further actions.

Though I still would like to know how the hammer's Daily works with the way we do rounds.[/sblock]

[sblock=Talos]Talos—Male Minotaur Fighter 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Insight: 15, Passive Perception: 17
AC: 20, Fort: 19, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 31/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 12/13
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Knockdown Assault
Brash Strike
Pass Forward

Goring Charge
Bellringer
*Bull Charge
Knee Breaker

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Talos[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The heroes valiantly attack, leaving the female hobgoblin a bloody mess, but she still stubbornly stands.

One of the bugbears ignores Deimos, walking past him close to Tock, slamming his flail into the human and sending him next to the flaming sphere.

The other bugbear smashes Talos and sends the minotaur spinning to the ground.

Valsath appears more panicked, finding herself surrounded. She stabs at Braddock, her scimitar dropping the dwarf, and she steps onto his prone form. She then slashes repeatedly at Mal, his surprise at her fury leaves him open and she scores to vicious wounds.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

B1: move to L10 (draws OA from Deimos) - Flail Dance on Tock - vs ac (Tock); dmg (1d20+9=26, 2d6+4=7) hits for 7 and pushed to I12 and knocked prone.
B2: Flail dance on Talos - vs ac (talos); dmg (1d20+9=27, 2d6+4=13) hits for 13 & pushed to L9

D1: double Move to current spot.

V1: Scimitar rend on Braddock - vs ac; dmg on braddock (1d20+14=34, 1d8+7=15) crits for crit dmg (2d8=10) 25. Shift to L11. AP: Attack Mal - double attack - double attack on Mal (incl marked) (1d20+10=27, 1d8+7=9, 1d20+10=21, 1d8+7=14) two hits for 23 damage

save (1d20+2=10)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
V: 23 AC (25 if adjacent to another hob); 21/??/20 F/R/W
h: 23 AC (25 if adjacent to another hob); 20/??/18 F/R/W
B: 20 AC; 18/??/18 F/R/W
D: ?? AC; ??/18/17 F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
*Braddock forgot save vs the prone - save for Braddock (1d20=1) still prone.

V1: 38/178, cursed (Braddock), marked (Talos), CA vs V1 ENT (only Mal & Haltor benefit, everyone else already had theirs), marked TENT (Haltor), bloodied, used AP, -2 to AC (TENT - Braddock)
B1: -62hp, cursed , bloodied, used Flail Assault - Dead
B2: 24/70hp, used Flail Assault, marked (Talos), bloodied
D1: -28 hp
h's: minions

Gark: 18/48; 2/9 surges, Shifting (regen 2, +2 damage), prone
Haltor: 15+8thp/42; 0/7 surges, bloodied, prone, grants CA to V1 tenT
White-Eye: 20/46; 1 HS used, prone,
Braddock: -5/47, , 9/11 surges, prone, unconscious, helpless, death save 0/3, ongoing 10 & -2 AC (save ends)
Deimos: 19/36, bloodied, prone, cannot shift or stand up (save ends), 6/8 surges, +2 all defenses TSNT
Mal: 14/37, 7/8 surges, bloodied
Tock: 17/42, 4/6 surges, bloodied
Talos: 8/49, 10 ongoing damage & target takes –2 to AC(save ends both), prone
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]
Pits: These pits were once used to dispose of refuse. They are 20 feet deep (DC 20 Athletics to climb)

Steel Drums: These drums are low (4-foot) obstacles that hold old alchemical reagents and hinder ground movement. A creature can hop atop one as part of a move action with a successful DC 10 Athletics check, treating the square as difficult terrain. A creature can instead use an entire move action to clamber atop one without a check. Otherwise, a steel drum blocks movement into its square.

Arcane Machinery: The machinery is blocking terrain. Each piece of machinery is about 10 feet high
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I just wanted to clarify something in case it affects this round, the Fortune Binding effect (where Braddock transfers a condition that he can save against to the target), makes the effect until end of Braddock's next turn (and stops being a save effect). That should make the -2 AC to V1 last for one of each player's turn.

Also, r1, Braddock made the save vs 'can not stand up and shift' last round. A small detail, but I just thought I'd point it out. [/sblock]

[sblock=saves] Effect Save: 1d20 → [2] = (2) Roll Lookup . Fail.

Death Save: 1d20 → [20] = (20) Roll Lookup . huh, how about that? Does that mean he can spend a surge even though he used his second wind already?
[/sblock]

Remove ads