• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

Deimos and a glowing bolt ends the life of the hobgoblin next to him. Then he moves the fire sphere away from his allies.

[sblock=OOC]

Why did Talos take 12 fire damage, wasn't the roll for the round before? Did V1 & B2 took damage?

Free: Change damage to fire
Move: Flaming sphere to 12G
Flaming sphere auto damage (1d4+8=11)
Standard: Magic Missle vs h5, killing him
Minor: sustain Flaming sphere
Save: save (move, stand up) (1d20=5)
Ap: Second wind

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 19 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 5 / 8
At-Will Powers: Flaming Staff, Magic Missle, Freezing Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Color Spray, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Extra fire damage

Condition: prone, cannot shift or stand up (save ends), +2 all defenses
[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Talos took the damage because he started the "round" adjacent to it. Otherwise you moved it next to him last round and then went before him to move it, avoiding the negative effect. V1 & B2 did take the damage as well. [/sblock]

Deimos attempts to fire off a spell, but the hobgoblin and the bugbear stab and pummel the tiefling into unconsciousness. The flaming sphere winks out of existence without its master.

[sblock=OA's on Deimos]
h5 - vs ac (Deimos) (1d20+12+2-2=26) hits for 7
b1 - vs fort (Deimos); dmg (1d20+9=21, 2d6+4=11) hits for 11. This ko's Deimos so his spell doesn't go off. Also, you didn't sustain the sphere before being ko'd. I'll need a death save at the end of your turn please. You still have you AP and second wind though.

Gark activates his Warden's Grasp and slides B1 to O10. Target is slowed and can't shift TENT [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Easy there lass, ye don't be that mad at tis dwarf are ye?" And for some reason ...she isn't

Braddock makes a swing for her, but swinging from the ground is no way for a dwarf to fight.

"Feth it, King, if ye not be helping, I'll be asking the other one next time!" He levels his hammer at the leader and dark tendrils flow forth and encircle the hobgoblin. She feels her recent cut on the dwarf affect her now, blood flowing down her side.

[sblock=actions] Gain 17 hp. Take 10 damage.
Minor: Charm of Hearts: +2 AC and does not provoke OA
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs. V1: 1d20+11-2+2, 1d10+9 → ([1, 11, -2, 2], [1, 9]) Roll Lookup . Miss. Two 1's.
AP: Fortune Binding vs. V1: 1d20+9+3, 2d8+13 → ([17, 9, 3], [2, 3, 13]) Roll Lookup . Curse damage: 1d6 → [3] = (3) Roll Lookup . Hit Fort 29 for 21 damage. V1 gains effect: -2 AC and ongoing 10 damage TENT (Braddock's).
Save: 1d20 → [20] = (20). Roll Lookup What a waste of a 20.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 4 Warlock
Active Vestige: King Elldyr (Eyes: Next ally gets saving throw. Boon: Adjacent ally gets +2 defenses.)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 20/22 NAD: F:20/22 (18) R:19/21 (17) W:16/18 (14)
HP: 20/47 Surges: 8/11 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1 0
Languages: Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +11 vs. AC, 1d10+9

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OAs on Deimos]Doesn't Implement Expertise Staff prevent OAs from Ranged implement attacks?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]That is what I wanted to take :(. Cannot believe the stupid mistake on the sheet. That is the reason why I asked several times in my post to the judges if the feat is allowed. Taking Implement Expertise makes absolutely no sense when Staff Expertise is available (what it is for a character with a HotFL class). And that is the reason why I used a ranged attack next to an enemy.

Stupid wizard, making feats the same as old ones with other name and only better :rant:

EDIT: Sorry for sounding bitter it is no judges', DM's or player's fault. But I'm starting to hate Wizards for their stealth updates among other things.[/sblock]

Last edited:

raion

First Post
Tock rolls back, rising as he does so, then launches himself at the distracted enemy leader. He hits her sword first, and then glances sideways at the others around him.

[sblock=actions]Move: Stand
Standard: Unbalancing Trick to M10
AP: Charge V1 (to K11), Hit vs. 28 AC, 39 Damage. Knock Prone w/ Unbalancing Trick
Attack w/ Charge + CA; Damage w/Charge + CA (1d20+14+1+2=28, 1d6+9+1d6+1d8+2+2d8+1d6=39)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Tock made his save vs. non-movement last turn, though it's not represented in the turn summary. He starts this turn prone, but not otherwise incapacitated.
He does not provoke during charge movement.
Attack should be +3 higher due to AP, not that it matters.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tock]Tock - Male Human Rogue (Thief) 5
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 21, Will: 16 -- Speed: 6
HP: 17/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 4/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Tactician's Trick
Thug's Trick
Unbalancing Trick
Tumble
Backstab
Backstab(2)
Heroic Effort
Vanguard Short Sword Power
Dragonclaw Leather Armor Power

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Valintaquin_Tock_d'Tharashk_(froggalpha) [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=yikes]Well, believe me - I know I am hardly in a position to give critiques. I didn't even get myself together enough to post last round, and so it's not really my place to comment on how it turned out. That said: one of Gark's main things - his entire shtick, really - is that when he hits things, he slides them 3 squares and they fall prone. The character is built around that: he "defends" by moving attackers away. So last round, on his hit: he really would have moved that enemy three squares away and knocked him prone.

It would involve a lot of ret-conning to fix, but then again, the main reason Gark would move people is so they can't come in and deliver crushingly effective attacks like that.

Also, it seems to me like WD really didn't understand that his actions were going to incur two OAs (much less that he could be dropped). It'd be great if we could just fix his sheet to keep him current with the rules that WotC keeps changing every month, but if that's too much of a stretch, could he at least have used his AP + 2nd wind at the beginning of the turn? Or if that's not enough to help, could he have APed and then shifted out of the way? I don't think this is a situation in which a player's poor tactics have gotten him in trouble: it seems more like the rules just got in the way and he's getting punished pretty hard for it. Those are just my thoughts.[/sblock]
[sblock=start of turn]save vs. all that stuff: failed

regen 2 -> 18 HP[/sblock]
Stuck on the floor, Gark lashes out to the closest enemy but misses badly. He seems to shake off the effects from last round eventually.

[sblock=ooc]standard: Tempest Assault vs. B1 (-2 for prone): 16 vs. AC (miss)

no other actions really possible; sorry I was useless this round but r1 rolls much better for me :)

save at end of turn: 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Gark]Gark Longtooth Shifter Warden 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:17
HP:18/48, 0 temp HP, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:2/9
Action Points/Milestones: 0/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Tempest Assault
Warden's Lunge

Longtooth Shifting
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Warden's Tempest
Student of the Sword

Form of Mountain's Thunder - Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
Staggering Weapon

Important Stuff:
- Gark's mark: attacks that don't include him take -2 and trigger an interrupt if they are next to him or a reaction against those up to 5 away

Conditions: +2 dam; +2 regen when bloodied

Full sheet: Gark[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm a pretty big proponent of people learning lessons in as hard hitting a manner as possible. That said, I will play devil's advocate and say that it seems pretty clear that WD meant to put Staff Expertise on his sheet. Obviously, in the end it's up to R1.

I'll kick Shad when I'm home tonight.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I used a ranged burst last round and I occurred no OA. And I would have used my OA free close burst that only hits enemies otherwise. Or took the risk free actions first.)
But r1, it is your call. I just hope Deimos gains soon enough XP to make the feat change on his sheet the next time he levels up

Death save below[/sblock].

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads