• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

Revived, Deimos stands up using an opportunity to step aside and cast another spell... to hasty to aim, it seems.

ooc:very bad rolls. Help!
[sblock=OOC]

Free: all damage becomes fire damage
AP: Stand up
Move: shift to to 9M
Standard: Color spray (H6, H3, B1) (1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=12, 1d6+8=12) vs will. Seeem like all miss. No OA because of Staff expertise
Minor: sustain Flaming sphere

My second character. Needs 2nd approval.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 27 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Flaming Staff, Magic Missle, Freezing Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Color Spray, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Extra fire damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
Mal, who was looking a bit concerned about their situation, visibly improves as he watches Haltor weave through the fray and attack the nearby bugbear. His morale shored up, he surveys the scene.

[sblock=OOC] Spending a surge, recovering 12 hp and ending up at full.[/sblock]

[sblock=Anomaly]Anomaly—Male Genasi Warlord 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 — Speed: 5
HP: 37/37, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Commander’s Strike
Direct the Strike
Powerful Warning
Provocative Order
Orchestrated Offensive
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word (2)
Void Assumption
Knight’s Move[/s]

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Anomaly_(twilsemail))[/sblock]

raion

First Post
Tock recovers quickly, rolling in place enough to hide recovering his sword, and then stabs it into the bugbear.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Tactician's Trick (not sure if I get the benefit without moving, but might as well try)
Standard: Attack B2 23 (25 w/CA), 11 dam(+5 w/CA)
Save: 15 vs. non-movement

Rolls:Attack (prone); Damage; CA damage; Save (1d20+14-2=23, 1d6+9=11, 2d8=5, 1d20=15)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Tock heals twice, putting him over bloodied again.
Including prone penalty in attack. If I have CA from Trick, that adds +2
Talos took ongoing damage and AC penalty both, correct?[/sblock]

[sblock=Tock]Tock - Male Human Rogue (Thief) 5
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 21, Will: 16 -- Speed: 6
HP: 25/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 4/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Tactician's Trick
Thug's Trick
Unbalancing Trick
Tumble
Backstab
Backstab(2)
Heroic Effort
Vanguard Short Sword Power
Dragonclaw Leather Armor Power

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Valintaquin_Tock_d'Tharashk_(froggalpha) [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Haltor's bravery is inspiring, "Right! Stand firm, knock em down!"

Braddock levels his craghammer, "Come Herald, let them hear your call!" A moment later, a large cacophany of noise erupts and tears into the hobgoblins.

He then moves north toward the leader, his outline becoming smokey as he moves.

[sblock=actions] Braddock will spend a healing surge. (R1, you have his stats listed as */37 and he has 47 hp.)

Standard: Clarion Call, blast three affecting square: N9-11 and colume 11 N-P. (If I don't have that correct, please let me know). Roll order (vs fort) is H3, H6, B1: H3: 1d20+9, 3d4+10 → ([12, 9], [4, 3, 3, 10])Roll Lookup. H6: 1d20+9 → [3,9] = (12) and B1: 1d20+9 → [15,9] = (24) Roll Lookup . So likely hit H3 fort 21, missed H6 fort 12, and hit B1 fort 24. If hit H3 and B1, they take 20 damage and are deafened TENT. Braddock gets 6 THP. Curse damage versus B1: 1d6 → [4] = (4) Roll Lookup . So looks like B1 takes 24 damage total.

Move: To L11 via M12-L12-L11. Gain concealment.

Minor: Warlock's Curse H5.

Save: 1d20 → [19] = (19) Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=OA] I am likely subject to an OA [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 4 Warlock
Active Vestige: King Elldyr (Eyes: Next ally gets saving throw. Boon: Adjacent ally gets +2 defenses.)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 18/20 NAD: F:19/21 (18) R:18/20 (17) W:15/17 (14)
HP: 36 +6 THP/47 Surges: 9/11 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +11 vs. AC, 1d10+9

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ShadRS

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Slightly confused here. Shouldn't the NPCs have taken some actions sometime after me and before other people started acting?[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I'll bite on this. Let me know if I get it right everyone.

[MENTION=83014]ShadRS[/MENTION] Due to the time it takes to do everything in play by post, there has been an adopted way of doing combat in order to speed things up and let people post when they have the time.

In the first round, the people who beat the bad guys/NPC's go first.

Then all the NPC's act, then all the players act, even those that went first in the first round. It continues in that pattern, NPC's then PC's until combat is done.

The players can act in any order during their turn, but when you post is when your action happens. So one round, if I post first, I go before my allies, but the next round I may go last. Some people wait a bit to see if the situation shifts or improves before they post.

This is an adopted system from one of the very good DM's Mal Malenkirk. Everyone usually call's them "Mal's Combat Rules" or something like that.

How'd I do?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Only thing you missed is that you can't benefit from TENT effects more than once, so if you go before another PC this round, you can intentionally delay until the end of the next round to game the system. I prefer initiative order, but in PbP it does work faster this way and so is usually better[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I just started working on the update when I realized that Deimos made an error in his actions.

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] - you cannot shift or stand up (save ends). Please revise. Sorry all, I missed that, but please, please keep an eye on the powers/effects... affecting you. This is the 2nd time in 2 rounds that someone's missed something. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads