• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: No problem [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION], 1 question, since we've dropped a croc, can we know how many hps they have?

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Who knows, perhaps the crazy mace master (ie; the ol' Tonkster) is still lingering in the shadows somewhere waiting to jump out and surprise his old friends....

Dextyr does have a couple of dailies left, but only 1 that deal damage, as well as a couple of encounter powers that are damage dealing. The problem is that I can only get one of these actions off per turn, and I don't know how many more turns ol' Dex is going to have left.

Whatever the outcome it has been fun.

I know that I personnaly have the problem of under-powering encounters and having the players tear through the baddies with relative ease.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeah I've had fun as well... if it's a TPK, it's a TPK. If it happens, c'est la vie I suppose. The biggest problem without Tonk is the lack of spike damage. sorcerers and assassins are pretty weak in the damage dealing department, sorcerers have nice area damage and assassins have...uh, not much in the damage dept, but a heck of a lot of teleporting/movement powers...screw it, Murphy's going to try and take out at least one more of these SOB's before he drops... [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Murphy quickly disappears with his foes closing in and appears next to Dextyr, his illusory double instantly appears next to the mystic. The assassin points his blade at the apparent leader but his attack is easily fended off. Shadows climb up the mystic and the twilight assassin stabs it with the phantom blade doing some more minor damage. Finally, Murphy conjures a noose of shadows and hurls it over the enemy's neck, pulling it and cutting off its circulation.

[sblock=ooc]

Move: t-port to M21, moving assassin to M20 as part of move action
Standard: Targeted for Death on the Mystic - vs will; dmg on mystic 1 (1d20+9=14, 2d8+6=15) well I'm sure that misses so 7 damage and until end of encoutner can place 2 shrouds on mystic 1 instead of 1
Free: 2 shrouds on mystic 1
Minor: twilight assassin - vs ref (twilight assassin) (1d20+9=23) hits for 6 damage
AP: Executioner's Noose on Mystic 1 - vs for; dmg on mystic 1; shroud (1d20+9=25, 1d6+6=7, 2d6=5) should hit for all of 12 damage...

Total damage = 7+6+12 = 25.... and I spent an AP and a daily, and had already used a daily...

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 6
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:39/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:4/8
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form
Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death

Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Blood dripping from his head, covering his face, the sorcerer drops his bluff and raises a weak hand. He grits his teeth muttering a curse in the tongue of his people, as blood keeps dropping over his face. His hand glows with unnatural energies as he gathers all the power left in his body. In a second a huge sphere of raw power of swirling colours appears over his hand, before the sorcerer hurls it to the croc next to him.
The blast clashes the reptile making it roar in pain, and blowing off most of it's scales. The sorcerer then surrounds himself in shadows.

Chromatic orb: 19 vs Ref for 19 dmg and -2 to AC (save ends)
Deep shroud: Heavily obscures Sheng position. Have I spent my AP? If not, use second wind.

johnmeier1

Explorer
The mystic and crocodile are both bloodied by the ferocious assault.

[sblock=OOC] Croc 4 is almost dead. Sheng, you spent your AP already.[/sblock]

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'm a little confused as to where everything is now. I want to lay down some AoE's. can you please post an updated map.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=updated map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• swamp8.jpg
    swamp8.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 98

changer

First Post
"Shorrin fall back!" Janus yells as he begins another spell.

[sblock=ooc]
Janus will delay till after Shorin moves, if he can, if he is before the bad guys.
[/sblock]

Remove ads