[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Again, words as weapons. Knowledge stays until you die. Afterwards it might stay with you. And so much knowledge is lost, recovering it is good cause, but demons left alive would destroy more."

"Tondrek, Thalen seems dazed from the last fight, it's up to you." Venakhad thinks toward the artificer.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Hapherel cocks her head in confusion as she watches Tondrek. "Mortal," she asks in a whisper, "what are you trying to do?"

[sblock=Tondrek]You aren't sure you could use the Heart at all without being bound to it. Besides, the fact that it has imprisoned Hapherel would imply that it is already working against her.[/sblock]

She turns back to Venakhad, "I am not the only one who uses words as a weapon, mortal. You drew on me the instant you entered this room. I'm simply trying to defend myself. And for what it's worth, I am not a demon. I do not seek anyone's destruction. Not even yours," she adds with a slight smile.

She spreads her arms, addressing the entire group, "You seem to be basing your decision entirely on what I might do when freed. If you promise to let me go, I will save the two brothers, and I will tell you where the schema is. Do these guaranteed benefits, and the good that can come from them, not outweigh my potential wickedness?" She looks at you. There is no more playfulness or malice in her expression. "Please, mortals, let me live."

[sblock=Insight 25]As Hapherel mentions the schema, her eyes flit to the floor.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 25, or 15 if you made the insight check or if someone else made the insight check and told you what they noticed]The floor in this room is almost completely covered with crystalline veins. However, there are some places where the stone tiles are still visible. Some of them have been inscribed with arcane symbols. Symbols similar to the ones Hapherel showed you.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
"No good. She needs to die. Or whatever devils do when you hit them enough."

OOC: I put the minus 1 into the Perception as well, I just forgot to note it.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Venakhad's passive Insight will hit the former, and once he mentions something, Tondrek's passive Perception will pick up the latter assuming THB's fine by that.[/sblock]

stonegod

Tondrek ignores the pretty lady as he thinks.[sblock=OOC]Insight: 10. Perception: 17. Tondrek will pass the Perception once [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] passes the Insight and mentions something to the boy.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The priest frowns at the denial of her demon-ness and for the first time he looks carefuly at the woman and his thought echo through each head in the group.

"Are we sure she's succubus or some other kind of demon and not, let's say, fey lord or just fey imprisoned?"

And continues excepting Gren this time
"We have a word of new member of the group. True, she was bound by Abyssal Gnoll, but may still be non-demon."

Then again to all
"There is something hidden under those runes on the floor. She looked at it when she mentioned the schema."

Aloud he says:
"That is true, I didn't look at you carefuly to see what kind of creature you are. That is my error. But IF you are a demon, it's not a question of might. You will do harm, that's your nature. But I am willing to listen. Let nobody say Jorasco didn't teach me justice. But your position is weakening with every word you say. We alredy know where the schema is. All you can do is free those two men. Please do it now, bring them and release them. This you do willingly relinquishing what little control you have over the situation and putting yourself at our mercy. Yes or no?"

To all silently again
"This is something I believe an evil creature could not bring itself to do."

OOC: What roll would indicate the nature of the creature?

Perception (1d20+9=17)

Nature (1d20+7=12) - to see if she's fey :)

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: What's the Arcana DC to know that a Devil is different from a Demon? The DC to know a Succubus is the former and not the latter?

Can I make an insight check to know that she's bending the truth?

I just noticed the typo "devils" in my above post. It wasn't intentional, but I'm going to leave it there if it's cool with THB. If not, I'll edit it.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=On the nature of succubi]Arcana or Religion DC 15. I guess Arcana will tell you that succubi are not demons, while Religion would tell you that they are devils. But if you know they aren't demons from Arcana, then you could probably guess that they are devils, because they're certainly one or the other. I'll let you use your "passive" Arcana or Religion scores for this, if they're high enough.

Edit: Actually, you would all know that Hapherel is a succubus, and that succubi are devils. Venakhad and Tondrek from their education, and Gren from his briefing.

Hapherel's comment about not being a demon was supposed to be more along the lines of "I may be bad, but I'm not a demon" than "I'm not a demon; I'm something nice." She's not trying to hide what she is.

Sorry for the confusion. Neither Hapherel nor I were trying to mislead you. WotC reclassified succubi as devils for 4e. Amusingly, part of the reason they did this was because they felt there was too much overlap between the diabolic erinys and the demonic succubi. So succubi became devils and erinys were dropped. Then, in the Monster Manual 2, they reintroduced the erinys as demons.

Anyway, I'll wait to see if Venakhad wants to take back his offer.[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Tondrek grumbles as all the talky-talk distracts him. He bends over to the floor and dusts off a bit, avoiding the veins. Yep. Schema here. Likely feedy bad Heart thing. Silly Draconomic Prophesy.

He sees Sorta Pointy-Ear Man continuing to talk to the supposedly bad lady. They like deals and stuff. Make better deal. Meanwhile, we continues to look around.[sblock=OOC]I was thinking about trying to turn the power of the Heart against the succubbi somehow: Make it "suck"/weaken/destroy her before we have to destroy it. Does tondrek have any idea if that is possible?[/sblock]

Remove ads