[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], would you like to edit your previous post, given that Hapherel is a devil rather than some non-inherently evil creature?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=TwoHeadsBarking]
Nah, Ven really didn't check her and instead focused on her being a demon/devil/evil extraplanar. Now that he knows, the offer is still valid as he doesn't think she would relinquish all control. She may bring those men to show good will, but she will more likely (in Ven's mind) torture them to force our hand then release them. She may appear to release them, but just put them to sleep instead. at this point I would like to point out that a) Ven can read minds b) has extra strong quory and c) racial power that gives sizeable bonus to Will to all around (IF Venakhad is attacked)
[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
Gren, assuming that Tondrek is asking him to stall, begins speaking. "So... We kill you. Prisoners maybe go free, maybe not. Heart gets destroyed."

He waits a moment to make sure these sound like separate thoughts, "We don' kill you. Prisoners prolly go free, maybe not. Heart gets destroyed. You give us a thing we can already get and cause lots of trouble..."

"I think you need a better deal, Lady" He looks like he might actually be willing to wheel and deal.

OOC: rolling a bluff check, may edit the above.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The succubus moves very close to Venakhad. "Mortal, you want me to relinquish my last advantage in this situation?" she asks in a low, dangerous tone. "Without them, I have nothing tangible to bargain with. I have nothing to stop you from killing me, as I know you intend to." Her eyes dart around Venakhad's face, as though she's trying to memorize every detail. Then she sighs and steps away. "Well, if that's what you want. I'll summon them now."

When Gren speaks, Hapherel's eyes widen with surprise. "I would be happy to make a better deal with you, mortal. The difficulty is that you seem rather unwilling to trust my word. And at this point, all I can give you are promises. I know of ancient places of power, of hidden treasures, of libraries of forgotten knowledge. But you will have no way of knowing that I speak the truth, unless..." she trails off as a new idea occurs to her. When she speaks again, her eyes once more sparkle with intensity:

"All I have left to offer is myself. Let me live, and I will give you my service and obedience. Bind me to your will. I will submit to whatever yoke you place on me."

Before she can continue, two men walk in from a different entrance than the one you came in. They do indeed share a family resemblance. Hapherel waves a hand dismissively at them, and they lie down on the floor and go to sleep. "There. They are released. Make no mistake, mortals, these two would have died, had I not intervened. As I said, if the backlash did not kill them, the gnolls would have. But now they will live." She turns back to you. "Can the same be said of me?"

[sblock=Venakhad]When you inspect their minds, you see no trace of Hapherel's presence. It would appear that the succubus has truly freed them.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Venakhad doesn't flinch, looking directly at the she-devil.

"I see more then you think, seductress. I am surprised that you are so willing, I guess your time as a captive thought you something. I have no desire to ask a boon of you, that would be too much feeling like a deal with you. But I am willing to let you go. I would ask your oath in the presence of DolArrah's witness that you will return to your home and not visit our world for one hundred years. Furthermore, if you are summoned against your will, I'm asking that you do as little harm and killing as possible. I'm not sure how binding such ritual would be for you, but I can try it. You said you're willing. Now all you have to do is persuade others."

He focuses solely on her
"Thank you for releasing those men."

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"An interesting offer, priest." Hapherel makes a show of mulling it over, but you are not surprised when a moment later she says, "Very well. I accept your terms, and I promise I'll abide by them. Now, please, destroy the Heart."

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek, who had been muttering to himself about no, no, cannot sucky and bad, yes, kill us all bad blinks in surprise when he realizes there are suddenly more in the room. Uh. Hullo? He then shyly makes his way back with his group and converses lowly. Can smashy, but let me see if other way. He continues his investigation.
OOC: See if there is a "less explodey" way of destroying it (i.e., some sort of mini-ritual as opposed to smacking. Tondrek is concerned it is feeding off the schema, and doesn't want to destroy the schema when killing the "Heart". Arcana: 30

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Tondrek]After examining the Heart, you think you may have found a less violent way for destroying it. The Heart appears to being drawing some degree of power from its surroundings, although you aren't sure if the source is the schema, Hapherel, or both. Regardless, you are confident that you would be able to quickly perform a ritual that would isolate the Heart from the energy it draws upon. It will only disrupt the connection for a moment, but that should be enough to destroy it with no possibility of it damaging the schema.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek, making several scrunchy faces, suddenly jumps up and claps. Yep, yep! Boomy with no boom! Heehee. He excitedly starts dragging Gren, Venakhad, and the others around the Heart (though he shies away from "directing" the Not Demon Lady and the newcomers). If asked to explain he just ssshhhh!es the asker until they acquiesce.

When the confused are finally in place, he claps again. Okay. No hit until signal! Then, lowering his oversized goggles, Tondrek begins "feeling" around the air of the Heart again, pulling and twisting the air. Only when said air starts glowing blue and green is it clear that he is actually doing something.
OOC: Is another Arcana roll needed for the ritual?

Remove ads