[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=elemental ring]Just to double check, the ring doesn't cross the deck, does it? Or do you touch it if you move between rows 10 and 11 while on the deck?[/sblock]
Roswyn shakes her head as she lets her orb drop into her hand. "Bad idea, fellas," she says to the halfling before her, gesturing. Shadows appear in the area around the foes in front of her, grasping at their minds. She steps towards the stairwell.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: draw orb
Standard: Grasping Shadows at G13 vs H, G3, D2 (1d20+12=19, 1d20+12=22, 1d20+12=27, 1d8+8=14) Not the greatest rolls. :( vs will, so some should hit at least. If hit, 14 psychic and slowed TENT Roswyn, also creates a zone TENT Roswyn, creatures entering it take 5 psychic and are slowed. (Note, no OA on Roswyn due to Shimmering armor.)
Move: shift to G15
Reactions: will use fade away/shield as appropriate.[/sblock]
[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 7
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:19, Will:20 -- Speed:5
HP:47/47, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers: Cantrips, Illusory Ambush, Scorching Burst,
Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Enemies Abound, Shield, Fade Away,
Horrid Whispers, Phantasmal Assailant, Levitate, Majestic Word,
Cloak of Resistance, Orb of Inevitable Continuance
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=elemental ring]see page 45 of the eberron campaign guide for a picture of an elemental ring. Except ours is made of fire and wind, and goes all the way around (version 3.5 ECS pg 125 for the actual picture).[/sblock]
@ neurotic - I can't be offended :p and I completely missed your previous post. Mitra however is a conjuration and doesn't have hp temporary or otherwise,so you might want to choose another target if you can for that bonus. Think of Mirta as a mobile 5ft cube of force that we can pass through, but the enemy can't.

I forgot to roll the save for Gretta at the end of my turn. Gretta saves (1d20=10)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@ neurotic - I can't be offended :p and I completely missed your previous post. Mitra however is a conjuration

Huh? A conjuration? Can it even be cursed then?

No matter, sorry for the confusion,

ROSWYN GETS FREE SAVE !
and also one at the end of her turn - it seems ryryguy forgot the curse.

And if this is again invalid target, I give up :p

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ryry]
Do you mean to center the burst on F13? Otherwise you catch Shava and miss the glidewing [/sblock]

Thalen dodges the blasts of the halflings, shaken out of her reverie by the suddeness of the assault. After Rohna rushes the closest group, Thalen begins to circle around and head towards the rear of the vessel. Her feet pound hard on the enchanted wood of the airship and her blade is drawn in a flash. The half-elf rushes along the rail, leaping off the edge and slashing down at the glidewing with abandon.

"Good, now that I got your attention, let's see how well you can fly against the Lyrandar storm!" she calls out, slamming her blade into the beast, sending it spinning away from her and a tremendous thunderclap blasts outwards, catching those nearby in a near-deafening explosion of force.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Draw sword
Move: to C10 (along rail to avoid OA)
Standard: Charge to D12 - vs ac; dmg (charge against G3) (1d20+14=21, 1d8+6=7) Hits AC 21 for 7 damage
Free: Mark G3
AP: Thunder Ram Assault on G3 - vs ac; thunder dmg (thunder ram assault against G3) (1d20+17=30, 1d8+7=14) hits AC 30 for 14 thunder damage and slide to A/B 15/16
Secondary Attack: Blast 3 E-G 12-14 vs fort; thunder dmg (thunder ram assault seconday against D2, H) (1d20+17=29, 1d20+17=20, 1d6+2=4) likely hits D2, maybe hits H for 4 thunder and slide D2 to J10 (passing through the elemental ring on way overboard) & slide H to I14
(Bonus to hit comes from +3 Action Surge and +1 to attacks & defenses from veteran's Hide TENT)

Evo - not sure if you wanted us to roll saves or not for the bad guys

[/sblock]
[sblock=Thalen's Stats][http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Thalen d'Lyrandar_(renau1g) Thalen] - Half-Elf Stormheart Warden 7
Passive Perception 20, Passive Insight 15
AC 25*, Fort 21*, Reflex 18*, Will 19*
*+1 from veteran's hide TENT
HP 82/82, Bloodied 41, Surge Value 20, Surges 13/13
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind

At-Will Powers:
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Tempest Assault
Weight of Earth

Encounter Powers:
Shield Feint
Thunder Ram Assault
Thundering Strike
Guardian's Pounce

Daily Powers:
Form of Mountain's Thunder
(Form of the Mountain's Thunder Attack)
Form of Winter's Herald
(Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)
Inspiring Fortitude
Treacherous Ice

Item Powers:
Staggering Longsword +2
Hungry Spear Javelin +1
Boots of Rapid Motion
Potion of Regeneration (x2)
Potion of Clarity(x2)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just a reminder, we are going in init order, not post order. If you object let me know. I'll go with majority.[/sblock]

Thalen dodges the blasts of the halflings, shaken out of her reverie by the suddeness of the assault. After Rohna rushes the closest group, Thalen begins to circle around and head towards the rear of the vessel. Her feet pound hard on the enchanted wood of the airship and her blade is drawn in a flash. The half-elf rushes along the rail, leaping off the edge and slashing down at the glidewing with abandon. The creature is quicker than it appears though, shifting it's neck away from the blow.

[sblock=ooc]Miss[/sblock]

"Good, now that I got your attention, let's see how well you can fly against the Lyrandar storm!" she calls out, slamming her blade into the beast, sending it spinning away from her and a tremendous thunderclap blasts outwards, catching those nearby in a near-deafening explosion of force. The glidewing tumbles away, it's outstretched wings caught in the warden's winds. It grabs ahold of the railing with it's beak, keeping it nearby. The halfling darter is blasted back from the thunder, flying through the air until it lands hard on it's back next to Tondrek.

[sblock=ooc]Hit; fails saveg3 save vs thalen (1d20=9); Now on railing. Secondary: Hits D2, misses H. D2 : save vs Thalen (1d20=11)Success, prone @ H11. R1, go ahead and roll an attack vs Shava too. She is in the area and the blast effects creatures, not enemies. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Nope, the ring isn't on the deck, and to take damage, you actually have to cross the line, not just come adjacient.[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 1

Baddies: 23--Acted
Thalen: 21--Acted
Tondrek: 20--
Roswyn: 17
Shava: 12--
Venakhad: 9
Rohna: 8--

Thalen: 82/82 13/13(20) AP: 1;
Tondrek: 64/64 9/10(16) AP: 1
Shava: 50/57 8/8(14) AP: 1; polymorphed(can't use powers until end of W's next turn); take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Roswyn: 47/47 7/7(11) AP: 1; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Rohna: 56/69 12/13(17) AP: 1; prone
Venakhad: 39/39 8/8(9) AP: 1
Gretta: 9+4; prone; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Doggie: 9+16; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)

G3: 14; on railing, marked by Thalen
D2: 4; prone

[sblock=unlocked stats]
G's: AC(higher than 21, lowers than 30)
H: Fort higher than 20
D's: Fort lower than 29
[/sblock]

Attachments

• airship battle round1 post thalen.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 115

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for screwing things up everyone... I really hoped for a better result :(

- Evo... if we're resolving in init order, Thalen should be flanking for her charge with Roswy, does the extra +2 to hit help?
Hits Shava for 4 and slide her 1 south
vs shava fort (1d20+17=31)
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Sorry didn't know. I'll wait, but will post at times before my turn if I think I'll make everyone wait with my posting.

Also, I prefer post order since it can get confusing if you want to post in advance (because you'll be incommunicado or something) and there is waiting if someone misses updates etc...

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Things have made it more advantageous to do something entirely different than my initial actions. I assume that's okay, Evo? This is one reason I like post order: Less redos (even if this one is more better).[/sblock]Tondrek is surprised by the attack of the halfamalings, but quickly comes to his senses. Seeing the one land next to him and the other menacing Toad-not-Pointy-Ear-Lady and Talky Gnome, he spins his crossbow in several circles, seeming drawing up strong winds. He then points at Froggy-Not-Frog, and the winds explode with massive force. The muscular halfling stumbles back, while the other screams as he flung into space! The half-orc then moves towards the kalashtar.[sblock=OOC]Neurotic's interrupt means Doggie should not be hexed (assuming he's still doing it).

Minor to draw crossbow. Use Gale-Force Infusion on Shava: Ref 18 on H, Ref 24 on D2, 11 damage and slide D2 off the ship (2 squares to J11) and slide H adjacent to Thalen (to E13) assuming a hit. D2 fails save if hit and should be gone. Shava has +5 AC TENT Tondrek. Tondrek then move to F11.[/sblock][sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 8
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 20 (24 vs traps), Passive Insight: 15
AC: 22, Fort: 20, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 64/64, Bloodied: 32, Surge: 16, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike
Gale-Force Infusion

Obedient Servant
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Targeting Superior Crossbow +2 (daily)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Clockwork Bombs (1 lvl 4, 2 lvl 9)
2 Acidic Spark Ammunition
3 Tension Wheels
3 Potions of Healing
5 Woundpatches

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 25/9; Bloodied 4

LEB:pC:Tondrek (stonegod) - ENWorld Living Eberron Wiki[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
ooc - I'm definitely in the post order camp as well. Having to wait for up to a week to post is definitely going to slow it down even more. Some people only check a given thread once each day or two so waiting for initiative order makes people lose interest in games. Its a tool to bring order to many voices in one room, not for PbP where a single round of combat has taken us 6 days. ;)

Remove ads