• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 2

As Rohna competently steps around the snapping lizard with no fear of it hitting her, Mitra strides across the deck with bravado, snarling a challenge to any that might strike out at her for her brazen move, and she steps between the lizard and the casters at the back of the ship. Rohna spins as she finishes her own move, clocking the glidwing across the face with her massive hammer. Her spin is very strong and as she shifts into flanking position with their new cleric, she finds the little darter squarely in her cross hairs and lets the weapon carry around into his ribs. Her movement seems to only enrage her further and she begins setting about herself with the giant mordenkrad, like a dervish of grizzly death to any opponent foolish enough to stand beside her. "Push any you can closer to me! The crunching of their bones will be the only sound that makes it home to their loved ones!"
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: speak
Minor: Rain of Steel
Move: Pass Forward around (G2) to (G,9), Mitra to (F,13)
Standard: Passing Strike 1 vs G2 (1d20+13=24, 2d6+7=14), Shift to (F,9) Passing Strike 2 vs D1 (1d20+17=22, 2d6+7=15) marking both.[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 7 Resist all 1
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 23 (25), Fort: 21, Reflex: 14 (16), Will: 16 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 56/69(4thp), Bloodied: 34, Surge: 17, Surges left: 12/13; Half-orc Resilience
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider

Passing Strike
Rhino Strike

Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance
World Speaker's Command
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel

Speak with Spirits

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 4/9; Bloodied 4

LEB:pC:Rohna (vertexx69) - ENWorld Living Eberron Wiki[/sblock]

OOC - Reminder: all squares adjacent to Rohna cost +1 movement to enter for enemies. I would mark it on the map with a red outline and make a note in the legend for the map. Please mark where effects like shadow tentacles are active so us stupid fighter types don't try to run through them. :p
All enemies that begin their turns adjacent to Rohna take Rain of Steel damage (for Round 3) (2d6+2=12).
G2 took 2 more dmg from my 1st round attack (forgot brutal rerolling) Brutal Mordenkrad (1d6=3)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Just a reminder
Hymn of resurgence vs D1,H, D2, G3 (1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=20, 1d20+8=14) - burst from E10 to I 14
- enemies hit (I'm guessing D1, D2 and H) get -2 to all defenses and on hit by Venakhad's allies are knocked prone.
- Thalen, Tondrek and Shava choose between 5 temps and a save

BY NOW D1 and H should be prone from Thalen's attack. Don't forget -2 to defenses!! And Rhona gets CA against D1 because he's prone (just in case of a re-roll)

[sblock=Venakhad stats]
Initiative +4; Passive Insight 26; Passive Perception 19
HP 29/39 Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 8/8
AC18 ; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 20
1 AP
Speed 6

Astral Seal
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Hymn of Resurgence
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Healing Word
Healing Word
Healer's Mercy
Divine Fortune

Moment of Glory
Return From Death's Door

Medic's Mace (daily) regain Channel Divinity

[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Venakhad nods to Thalen, moves away and projects
"Come in front of me, I'll blast everything and Dol Arrah will guide your strikes"

[sblock=ooc]Hits only D1 and D2[/sblock]

Thalen waits patiently for the cleric to move, knowing she's much better off surrounded by these foes than her ally. She steps forward and concentrates on the chill wind blowing at the high altitude, the cool breeze flows over her, and the temperature around her drops precipitously as her skin gains a tiny sheath of ice crystals from the frigid air, and everyone's breath comes in tiny puffs of vapour. Her eyes narrow and Thalen slashes at all those near her, stabbing quickly and efficiently, the force of her blow sends the axewielder to the ground as well as the agile darter.

"You won't be going anywhere today little ones, you picked the wrong ship to attack" she hisses and the trio find the ice has climbed up to their ankles, securing them to the deck of the ship.

[sblock=ooc]All hit. Let me know if I missed any status effects.[/sblock]

As Rohna competently steps around the snapping lizard with no fear of it hitting her, Mitra strides across the deck with bravado, snarling a challenge to any that might strike out at her for her brazen move, and she steps between the lizard and the casters at the back of the ship. Rohna spins as she finishes her own move, clocking the glidwing across the face with her massive hammer. Her spin is very strong and as she shifts into flanking position with their new cleric, she finds the little darter squarely in her cross hairs and lets the weapon carry around into his ribs. Her movement seems to only enrage her further and she begins setting about herself with the giant mordenkrad, like a dervish of grizzly death to any opponent foolish enough to stand beside her. "Push any you can closer to me! The crunching of their bones will be the only sound that makes it home to their loved ones!"

[sblock=ooc]both hit[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 2

Baddies: 23--Acted
Thalen: 21--Acted
Tondrek: 20--
Roswyn: 17--
Shava: 12--
Venakhad: 9--Acted
Rohna: 8--Acted

Thalen: 71+5/82 13/13(20) AP: 0;
Tondrek: 64/64 9/10(16) AP: 1; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends);
Shava: 37/57 8/8(14) AP: 1; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends); prone; +5 to AC until end of Tondrek's next turn
Roswyn: 34/47 7/7(11) AP: 1; prone
Rohna: 56/69 12/13(17) AP: 1; adj enemies will take 12 damage
Venakhad: 29/39 8/8(9) AP: 1
Gretta: 9+4; prone;
Doggie: 9+16;

G3: 35; marked by Thalen; immolized save ends)
D2: 15; prone; on railing; -2 to defenses until end of V's next turn
D1: 58; slowed; -5 to att until end of next turn; prone, -2 to defenses until end of V's next turn; bloodied; marked by Rohna; immoblized(save ends)
G2: 55; slowed; marked by Rohna; bloodied
H: 21; prone; immoblized(save ends); marked by Thalen

Attachments

• Copy of airship battle round 2 update 1.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Venakhad nods to Thalen, moves away and projects
"Come in front of me, I'll blast everything and Dol Arrah will guide your strikes"

[sblock=ooc]Hits only G2 and G3[/sblock]

But I didn't even target G2!? Do you mean D2?
D1 has Fort 24!

Ignore me, I see you put it D1 and D2 as hit in statuses.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - the great thing about antipathy gloves is that their effect doesn't create difficult terrain, but just makes it cost +1 movement to enter squares adjacent to Rohna. So for squares that are both made difficult terrain by Thalen and adjacent to Rohna, they would cost 3 movement for enemies to enter. :p

OOC - I made a legend and a fully upgraded map.

Attachments

• airship battle round 2.xls
    25.5 KB · Views: 140

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thank you Vertexx, that mapped help me catch up.

If I use an area attack from F10/H12 will Tondrek be hit? He's on a slightly lower level right?[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Shava Devla d'Lyrandar (-2 to att/dam against W(save ends), is a frog)
Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 7
Initiative +6; Senses Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 13
HP 37/57, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 8/8
AC 19; Fortitude 16, Reflex 17, Will 21
Speed 6
AP: 1

Skills Arcana +8, Athletics +9, Diplomacy +14, Insight +10
Feats Mark of Storm, Sorcerous Blade Channeling, Sure Climber
Equipment -
Rituals Summon Winds, Endure Elements

Powers
Lightning Strike, Storm Walk Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Guiding Strike, Thunder Slam, Thundering Gust, Thunder Bomb, Sorcerous Sirocco, Storm Power Defenses, Second Wind
Howling Tempest, Thunder Leap, Energetic Flight, Thundering Dagger
Full Sheet[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thanks for posting the updated map Vertexx... but man, it's still a pretty confusing battlefield. :)

There are two G4/W on the latest map, is this a mistake? Just one? Also, a key as to which monster is which type would help.

I'm considering using hypnotic pattern to try to pull some enemies into Rohna's zone, but I'm not sure what the order of resolution is. Both hypnotic pattern and curtain of steel take effect at the start of their turn so... which happens first? Does the target get to choose?

Also considering using it at H10 (Tondrek's square) to try to pull the wizard in closer to the ship.

Since I'm not really sure which would work, I think maybe I'll just cast Enemies Abound on Thalen, it can hit three enemies... but would be good to know how hypnotic pattern interacts with curtain of steel for next round.

Speaking of which, I'm leaving for vacation tonight, posting will be light or not at all. So if someone else wants to take over Roswyn for the week, that would be good.[/sblock]
Unseen, Roswyn hops nimbly to her feet. Love these new shoes! she thinks. She scoots across the deck and unleases a new spell. Menacing figures spring up in the minds of the enemies around Thalen. They spin and crouch defensively, momentarily uncertain of who is friend and who is foe. She giggles as she fades back into use.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: stand up (using acrobat shoes)
Move: to D15
Standard: Enemies abound @ E11 (w/CA due to invis): H, D1, G3 (1d20+12+2=29, 1d20+12+2=22, 1d20+12+2=19, 2d8+8=15) Vs. will, 15 psychic damage. Probably hits all except maybe glidewing. If hit, Roswyn and her allies can treat the target as an ally for the purposes of flanking until the end of Roswyn's next turn.
Reaction: Shield to negate hit[/sblock]
[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 7
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:19, Will:20 -- Speed:5
HP:34/47, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers: Cantrips, Illusory Ambush, Scorching Burst,
Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Enemies Abound, Shield, Fade Away,
Horrid Whispers, Phantasmal Assailant, Levitate, Majestic Word,
Cloak of Resistance, Orb of Inevitable Continuance
[/sblock]

Remove ads