• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 3

Rohna steps back from the din a moment only to charge back in at new foes. She bumps into the half ork in her clanking revelry which fouls her aim on her wild swings at both the remaining glidewing (G3) and the darter (D2) on the railing. She spins pulling her hammer around behind herself down hard through lightweight support bones of the mounts wing, and clipping the darter as the force of the blow carries her around. The battlerager continues to set about herself in a fury with the massive weapon. The molten lava hound shakes her head and gets back to her feet, ready to finally join the fight. "How will you fly away when your flimsy mounts are falling before me like swatted flies!"
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: speak
Minor: Gretta regains her feet
Move: Shift to (F,8)
Standard: Charge to (H,10)Hydra Charge vs G3=20, Hydra Charge vs D2=19, 2d6+1d8+10=28brutal reroll=6 marking both (if hit, they take -2 to hit TENT. Action Point Spent Cleave vs G3=32, 2d6+10=14 +5 dmg to D2.[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 7 Resist all 1
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 23 (25), Fort: 21, Reflex: 14 (16), Will: 16 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 56/69(4thp), Bloodied: 34, Surge: 17, Surges left: 12/13; Half-orc Resilience
AP: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance
World Speaker's Command
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel
Speak with Spirits

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

LEB:pC:Rohna (vertexx69) - ENWorld Living Eberron Wiki[/sblock]

OOC - All enemies that begin their turns adjacent to Rohna take Rain of Steel dmg 2d6+2=7.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Vertexx, hate to say it, but that charge is not valid. You must end 2 squares from start position, so Shift back and charges don't work. We had this come up in my RL game recently.

Charge

A creature uses the charge action when it wants to dash forward and launch an attack with a single action. Such an attack is sometimes referred to as a charge attack.

CHARGE A TARGET

Action: Standard action. When a creature takes this action, it chooses a target. Determine the distance between the creature and the target, even counting through squares of blocking terrain, and then follow these steps.
1. Move: The creature moves up to its speed toward the target. Each square of movement must bring the creature closer to the target, and the creature must end the move at least 2 squares away from its start-ing position.
2. Attack: The creature either makes a melee basic attack against the target or uses bull rush against it. The creature gains a +1 bonus to the attack roll.
3. No Further Actions: The creature can’t take any further actions during this turn, except free actions.

A creature’s turn usually ends after it charges. However, it can extend its turn by taking certain free actions, such as spending an action point (which grants the creature an extra action). [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Thalen continues to draw the enemies' attention as she spins at the halfling next to her, but the enemy easily ducks under her blade.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: Mark H & G3
Standard: Tempest Assault vs H; lightning damage (1d20+13=20, 1d8+7=8) "hits" AC 20 for 8 lightning. I'm guessing a miss
Move: n/a
Minor: n/a
[/sblock]

[sblock=Thalen's Stats][http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Thalen d'Lyrandar_(renau1g) Thalen] - Half-Elf Stormheart Warden 7
Passive Perception 20, Passive Insight 15
AC 25*, Fort 20, Reflex 17*, Will 18
*+1 from Form of Winter's Herald
HP 71/82, Bloodied 41, Surge Value 20, Surges 13/13
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind

At-Will Powers:
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Tempest Assault
Weight of Earth

Encounter Powers:
Shield Feint
Thunder Ram Assault
Thundering Strike
Guardian's Pounce

Daily Powers:
Form of Mountain's Thunder
(Form of the Mountain's Thunder Attack)
Form of Winter's Herald
(Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)

Inspiring Fortitude
Treacherous Ice

Item Powers:
Staggering Longsword +2
Hungry Spear Javelin +1
Boots of Rapid Motion
Potion of Regeneration (x2)
Potion of Clarity(x2)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Charge]I'd disagree, r1. The start is when you began the charge, not e start of turn. If it was start of turn, then I couldn't teleport back 5 squares and charge. So, shifting back 1 sq from an enemy 1 sq away at the start of turn should be legal. [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I agree with SG and Vertexx on this.[/sblock]

Rohna steps back from the din a moment only to charge back in at new foes. She bumps into the half ork in her clanking revelry which fouls her aim on her wild swings at both the remaining glidewing (G3) and the darter (D2) on the railing. She spins pulling her hammer around behind herself down hard through lightweight support bones of the mounts wing, and clipping the darter as the force of the blow carries her around. The battlerager continues to set about herself in a fury with the massive weapon. The molten lava hound shakes her head and gets back to her feet, ready to finally join the fight. "How will you fly away when your flimsy mounts are falling before me like swatted flies!"

[sblock=ooc]charge misses, cleave hits.[/sblock]

Thalen continues to draw the enemies' attention as she spins at the halfling next to her, but the enemy tries to duck under her blade, but lightning leaps off the weapon shocking the halfling. A blast of thunder peals across the battlefield, rocking the glidewing nearby.

[sblock=ooc]Actually that just hits. H takes 8 damage. G3 takes 4. Thalen gains oncoming storm bonus.[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 3

Baddies: 23--Acted
Thalen: 21--Acted
Tondrek: 20--
Roswyn: 17--
Shava: 12--
Venakhad: 9--
Rohna: 8--Acted

Thalen: 71+1/82 13/13(20) AP: 0;
Tondrek: 64/64 9/10(16) AP: 1;
Shava: 37/57 8/8(14) AP: 1; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Roswyn: 34/47 7/7(11) AP: 1; prone
Rohna: 56/69 12/13(17) AP: 1; Rhona +1 att/+3 dam end of Tondrek's next turn; enemies that begin turn adj to Rohna takes 7 damage.
Venakhad: 29/39 8/8(9) AP: 1
Gretta: 9+4;
Doggie: 9+1; +1 att/+3 dam end of Tondrek's next turn; prone

G3: 68; marked by Thalen; immolized save ends); bloodied
D2: 20:p; prone; marked by Rohna
H: 44; immoblized(save ends); marked by Thalen
D1: 12

H, D1, G3 treated as allies for purposes of flanking

Attachments

• airship battle round 3 update 1.xls
    12.5 KB · Views: 147

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek loads a fresh bolt into his crossbow after taking a moment to enchant it and fires it at the wounded glidewing. The bolt sticks in deep, and the green glow around Rhona's hammer and Doggie's teeth remains. The iron hound stands, prepared for more.[sblock=Actions]Use a minor to reload. Magic Weapon vs G3: AC 28, 15hp. I think that hits, for +1 atk/+3 damage for Rhona & Doggie. Use another minor for Doggie to stand.[/sblock][sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 8
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 20 (24 vs traps), Passive Insight: 15
AC: 22, Fort: 20, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 64/64, Bloodied: 32, Surge: 16, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike
Gale-Force Infusion

Obedient Servant
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Targeting Superior Crossbow +2 (daily)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Clockwork Bombs (1 lvl 4, 2 lvl 9)
2 Acidic Spark Ammunition
3 Tension Wheels
3 Potions of Healing
5 Woundpatches

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9+1/9; Bloodied 4

LEB:pC:Tondrek (stonegod) - ENWorld Living Eberron Wiki[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - I don't know if I had CA against D2, so didn't add the +2 bonus to hit. I don't know if it would have made a difference since I rolled so bad. I was fairly sure I had the charge rule right though since I used seperate actions for the shift and the charge.

@R1 - Is your mark an all or nothing deal? If so then I think you marked D1 as well. If you can choose whether or not to mark each adjacent then I don't know if you would want to mark G3 or not Since I already have it down for an extra 2d6+10 if it steps out of line ;p Its totally your call though bud :)

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Vertexx, you can do brutal in IC with formatting(min roll), so you don't have to reroll. Less confusion that way. You had CA against D2 because it was prone(as noted in status). That turns it into a hit I believe. R1 can mark who "she" wishes. It doesn't have to be all adj enemies. Next update tomorrow afternoon. For those posting until then, Tondrek's attack kills the glidewing.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just an FYI, I believe ryry is on vacation, not sure when he's going to be back.

Ah, forgot about D1, Thalen would've like to mark him, but I didn't read the map carefully enough. Ah well.

Normally I'd 100% agree that Rohna's got the superior mark (IMO Warden's have the weakest of any of the defenders in terms of keeping enemies from attackign allies, shift+charges work too well) but with the enemies being unable to shift with the daily power activated, there's some nice stickiness to Thalen right now. Also, Thalen's got the higher defenses right now (although only by 2 AC) so I figured keep the attention on her (plus she's got more hp...for now) [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Rohna's previous attack hit[/sblock]

Tondrek loads a fresh bolt into his crossbow after taking a moment to enchant it and fires it at the wounded glidewing. The bolt sticks in deep, hitting the creature right in the chest. It shudders once and falls to the deck. The green glow around Rhona's hammer and Doggie's teeth remains. The iron hound stands, prepared for more.

[sblock=ooc]G3 dead.[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 3

Baddies: 23--Acted
Thalen: 21--Acted
Tondrek: 20--Acted
Roswyn: 17--
Shava: 12--
Venakhad: 9--
Rohna: 8--Acted

Thalen: 71+1/82 13/13(20) AP: 0;
Tondrek: 64/64 9/10(16) AP: 1;
Shava: 37/57 8/8(14) AP: 1; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Roswyn: 34/47 7/7(11) AP: 1; prone
Rohna: 56/69 12/13(17) AP: 1; Rohna +1 att/+3 dam end of Tondrek's next turn; enemies that begin turn adj to Rohna takes 7 damage.
Venakhad: 29/39 8/8(9) AP: 1
Gretta: 9+4;
Doggie: 9+1; +1 att/+3 dam end of Tondrek's next turn;

D2: 43; prone; marked by Rohna; bloodied
H: 44; immoblized(save ends); marked by Thalen
D1: 12

H, D1, G3 treated as allies for purposes of flanking

[sblock=ooc]Back to work tomorrow. Expect short updates, if any until Wed night.[/sblock]

Attachments

• airship battle round 3 update 2.xls
    12.5 KB · Views: 105

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads