[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I see Vertexx may be slow at posting. I rolled the baddies init: baddies init (1d20+6=23)

If Vertexx doesn't post by tomorrow morning(about this time), I'll move things forward. But here is some mechanics for now:

You CAN be knocked off the ship(which is certain death). Forced movement is required and you get a save. If you fail the save, you are considered to be holding onto the railing. If you are on the rail, a DC 15 athletics check can be done as a standard action to climb back aboard. Another adjacient character can also do a DC 15 athletics check to pull the character back in(but must be adjacient to them). Furthermore, if the character is granted a saving throw, that can also be used to get back aboard.

If a character is subjected to forced movement while on the rail, they get another save. Failure means they fall off the ship, success means they stay put.

The ship is moving, but characters skilled in the arcane arts can help it along. PCs with the Mark of the Storm can make a DC 15 Arcane check as a standard action to move the ship in any direction. PCs without the Mark of the Storm can make a DC 30 arcane check as a standard action to do the same.

Any creature that comes in contact with the elemental containment ring takes 2d6+5 fire damage, if said creature was flying, they need to make a save or crash.

Any questions?[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna continues to spend her time in the bow as well, she could play with her new longbow for days. She stays hunkered down under the railing as opposed to hanging over it. She had seen the Talenta Plain when she was young and has no particular interest in seeing it again. Mitra and Gretta are always close by, but both like the feel of the wind so are more toward mid deck as opposed to under the railing. The newer conjuration is playful and hounds the bear relentlessly. (pun intended :p)

Initiative: (1d20+3=8)

[sblock=OOC]That would put her at (F,4) if the maps are still true. Gretta and Mitra will be at (F,5) and (G,5) respectively.

Apologies for the delay, I just spent the last 3 hours setting up a more permanent wireless network here in Washington. So I'll have internet every day for the rest of my stay up here.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
The group flies over the Talenta plains, when suddenly from the clouds above them emerges a group of halfling on glidewings. The riders give their warcries as the mounts dive towards the deck. Two of the creatures fly off to the side of the ship, while the other two land on the deck near Roswyn and Shava and their riders jump off, weapons drawn.

The beasts on the deck can do no more than land, but their riders have other plans. Two hop off one of the mounts, one already has a dart in hand and tosses it Tondrek. Doggie is in a playful mood though and catches the wooden missle in his jaws.

The other jumps off the glidewing with a spear in it's hand, it quickly closes the distance to Shava and thrusts his spear towards her midsection...

[sblock=ooc]D1 vs Tondrek (1d20+12=13, 1d6+3=5)D1 throws missle weapons and misses.D2 vs Shava (1d20+11=22, 1d8+3=7)D2 uses power to shift 3 and attack. Hits Shava for 7 damage unless she wants to use Storm Soul as II[/sblock]

A muscular halfing with a scaled mask jumps of fhis mount and threatens Roswyn. He swings his axe horizontially at her chest, but the gnome's eyes twinkle with an unnamed threat, distracting her attacker enough to where she can lean backward to avoid the blow.

[sblock=ooc]H vs Roswyn (1d20+10=15, 1d12+8=18)[/sblock]

The halfling mounted on the farthest flying glidewing raises a shortbow and shoots an arrow towards the half-elf and her goliath companion. The arrow whistles as it goes wide, but then explodes in a blast of force. Rohna is not ready for the missle as it sinks into the wood near her and is thrown off her feet, the wind knocked from her. Gretta is smashed to her stomach as the blast levels her. Thalen is light as a feather as she moves with the blast, avoiding harm.
[sblock=ooc]
E vs fort of Rohna, Thalen, and Gretta (1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=14, 1d20+10=16, 1d10+5=13)HitsRohna and Gretta for 13 force damage and they are knocked prone.[/sblock]

The closer enemy aboard the glidewing shouts out a curse that settles over her opponents nearby. She then gestures with her staff at Shava. Lady d'Lyrandar shudders and lets out a yell, which quickly becomes a ribbit, as the sorceress is turned into a frog.

[sblock=ooc]w hexes will of Roswyn, Shava, Tondrek, Doggie, Mitra, Gretta, Venakhad (1d20+11=22, 1d20+11=30, 1d20+11=15, 1d20+11=16, 1d20+11=30, 1d20+11=16, 1d20+11=16)
Hits: Shava, Doggie, Gretta, Mitra, Roswyn. All hit take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)

W vs fort of Shava (1d20+11=19)
Shava is turned into a frog until the end of W's next turn. She can't use powers in this form.[/sblock]

Initiative: Round 1

Baddies: 23
Thalen: 21
Tondrek: 20
Roswyn: 17
Shava: 12
Venakhad: 9
Rohna: 8

Thalen: 82/82 13/13(20) AP: 1;
Tondrek: 64/64 9/10(16) AP: 1
Shava: 50/57 8/8(14) AP: 1; polymorphed(can't use powers until end of W's next turn); take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Roswyn: 47/47 7/7(11) AP: 1; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Rohna: 56/69 12/13(17) AP: 1; prone
Venakhad: 39/39 8/8(9) AP: 1
Gretta: 9+4; prone; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Doggie: 9+16; take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)
Mitra: take a -2 to att/dam against W(save ends)

[sblock=Combat stuff]
You CAN be knocked off the ship(which is certain death). Forced movement is required and you get a save. If you fail the save, you are considered to be holding onto the railing. If you are on the rail, a DC 15 athletics check can be done as a standard action to climb back aboard. Another adjacient character can also do a DC 15 athletics check to pull the character back in(but must be adjacient to them). Furthermore, if the character is granted a saving throw, that can also be used to get back aboard.

If a character is subjected to forced movement while on the rail, they get another save. Failure means they fall off the ship, success means they stay put.

The ship is moving, but characters skilled in the arcane arts can help it along. PCs with the Mark of the Storm can make a DC 15 Arcane check as a standard action to move the ship in any direction. PCs without the Mark of the Storm can make a DC 30 arcane check as a standard action to do the same.

Any creature that comes in contact with the elemental containment ring takes 2d6+5 fire damage, if said creature was flying, they need to make a save or crash.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• airship battle round 1.xls
    24 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Would any hexed be missed by getting +4 to will?

If so (and I'm guessing Tondrek and Doggie are saved and maybe Roswyin too)

Bastion of Mental Clarity (Immediate Interrupt ✦ An enemy hits or misses Venakhad with an attack against his Will.; encounter) ✦ [Racial power]
Close burst 5; Target: Each ally in burst Effect: Each target gains a +4 power bonus to Will until the end of your next turn.

EDIT: Except those at the front of the ship are JUST out of reach of the power. Still it's useful.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Rohna, which ones do you wanna save?" Thalen calls, pointing to all the allies being threatened by the groups of enemies.

[sblock=ooc]
I'm guessing Rohna's charging someone right? She'll need to move to stand and minor to draw her blade, so the only attack is a charge. You can get to either the glidewing or D2 I think. Thalen can get to the group threatening Roswyn if she moves and charges.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases