• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Haunted Halls of Stonepike

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Keia said:
Thurgan grunted at the question, then asked, "Just thought I'd come ov'r an' talk with those in the know. Seems ta me, ya might have some . . . insight inta what's been happenin' . . . mebbe ya could enlighten us a tad."

The Dwarf's eyes narrow a bit, and his smile takes on a friendly, if guarded appearance 'I don think I knows what yer on about, friend. Me companions an I 'r just 'avin a bite to eat an discussin a bit o'trade. As to what's goin' on', I take it ya mean this business with whatever's killin me knifolk. As ta that, I do hope the Chamberlain was right in sending fer you folk, as I 'ave lost three friends this past week alone. No, if'n yer don mind, I'll be getting back to the price o ale 'gainst the price o' rabbit pelts...'[/COLOR]

Thurgan can't tell what the man's motives and meanings are fully, but Aranel gets the impression that whatever they are discussing has nothing to do with the [Haunting, and they are sincerely eager to see that (Haunting)dealt with.

<Sense motives for you folks>.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
A few moments after the exchange, with half of the Companions barely in bed, and the others still in the commons, the door opens, slamming against the inner wall. A small and slight (for a Dwarf) Dwarf-lad stands there, panting heavily. A Warhammer is clenched in his fist and he looks terrified.

Moving quickly to Thurgan,Ishmael and Aranel, he exclaims 'Goode Lords an M'lady. The Beast...it's struck again, this time it's killed one of the Lord's own Guards...if you would come with me.'

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan eyed the speaker a moment or two long thatn he probably should have . . . then the moment was broken by the arrival of the young dwarf. All thoughts of gaining more information was lost, his saddle sores were forgotton (okay, not forgotton but ignored) upon the young lad's words.

"S'pose we better rouse t'others," Thurgan said, looking at Ishmael and Aranel.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
The surprise took some time to affect that halfling. Seconds passed before the dwarf lad's words fully opened Sir Ishmael's blue eyes. He mumbled some words in Draconic, then took the warsledge at his side.

He was a little sluggish to move but he went immediately up the stairs to wake Sturm and Rurik.

"Friends," he said. "It seemeth that evil hath struck once more this eve"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm awakens, jolting and at once finding time to grumble about it. Once he's had time to survey the room and realize the evil is not here, he lets a hand off his scythe, and turns to Ishmael.

"Well? We goin' down'n fight it now 'r waitin' 'til mornin'?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"I am uncertain if combat harkens-," Sir Ishmael paused, considering his language. "I mean to say, whether we fight or not is not known at the moment. However, another dwarf hath been slain this eve and we must see if the culpr-, killer is about. And whether Justice can be wrought."

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik, having just fallen asleep, is very angry at the beasties for failing to adhere to his timetable. Furious, he awakens, grabs his waraxe, and while he waits for the others, puts on his armor (how this works: if anyone else puts on armor, Rurik will too.).

If he catches sight of the boy, Rurik will instruct him in Dwarven: "Son, it is extremely important that noone touch the body. Run ahead and make sure that doesn't happen.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
dpdx said:
Rurik, having just fallen asleep, is very angry at the beasties for failing to adhere to his timetable. Furious, he awakens, grabs his waraxe, and while he waits for the others, puts on his armor (how this works: if anyone else puts on armor, Rurik will too.).

If he catches sight of the boy, Rurik will instruct him in Dwarven: "Son, it is extremely important that noone touch the body. Run ahead and make sure that doesn't happen.

The boy nods and sprints off ahead.

Outside of the Inn, two guards armed in half plate stand awaiting the Companions. Bearing halberds and wearing boar-aced helms, they point towards the massibe Doors that stand against the Mountainside.

OoC:Any other things to be done before you all head off?

Guilt Puppy

First Post
OoC:Any other things to be done before you all head off?

Just miscellaneous grumbling and preparatory trash-talking about vexin' beasties, always wakin' Sturm right's he's havin' that dream 'bout sweet Miss Golinnah, her 'n her tasty mushroom pies...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads