• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Haunted Halls of Stonepike

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:So, are you going to Lord Stonepike with suggestions of the 'everyone in one room'? or looking down here. If you go for the former, are you splitting up into two groups? Ahh...the old split the party...a Horror staple.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Those 'er fine ideas, ev'rone . . . 'specially Aranel," Thurgan commented. "I think if we keep ev'rone together and guard for a night, no harm would come o' it. Mebbe ev'n two nights. Gather ev'rone, search the levels ta make sure no one's left behind, wait the night. Works fer me . . . but it's gotta be ev'rone."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: You will most likely meet with resistance to any idea of putting everyone in one chamber while you folks have the run of the Hold.
You were brought in to (hopefully) deal with this problem so that the Dwarves could get on with their business/living. That is obvious from the conversation with those with whom you have yet spoke. It may work, just giving a head's up as to what to expect in response to the request.

dpdx

Explorer
"Mebbe we c'd jes get ever'un in Stonepike ta search real thurrah like, garantee it ain't up top, an' then seal off tha lo'r level from tha rest o' Stonepike, without fixin' ta hold ever'un in one room."

Rurik looks around. "I sure 'ope they dun 'spect us ta get this beast'n one night, is all... Long as no'un dies t'night, we went an bought 'em some time..."

Aranel

First Post
Aranel frowned. "No disrespect to the Dwarves...but if one of them is in with the monster, or even by small chance the monster itself, asking him or ...her to 'search thoroughly' is not going to get us the results we look for in a completed mission." She pointed out.

"Butthen again, why make life easy for us? Too bad the monsters can't leave calling cards with directions to their lairs..." the elf grumbled looking around. "The faster we get this over with, the faster they can go back to their everyday lives...and the faster we can get paid." her eyes lit up slightly at the thought. Her next phrase was mumbled to herself in Elvish and seemed to be slightly angry at herself.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Aranel said:
"The faster we get this over with, the faster they can go back to their everyday lives...and the faster we can get paid."

"'at's good ol' common sense what I've e'er heard it," Sturm says. "No matter what else we're doin' with searchin' 'r no searchin', let's make sure'n 'ave it end with a fight tonight, 'n one dead beastie."

dpdx

Explorer
"Wunnerful, 'en. Is 'ere a way we c'n seal this arear off'n from the rest o' Stonepike?"

Rurik looks to the fishermen (presuming the party never left them) - "I'm terribly sorry, my good men, but you now have a decision to make - either come with us, until such time as we discover and kill the beast, and unseal the level - or conclude your day early, and return topside immediately. But you may not remain here. We are on orders from Lord Stonepike himself to seek and destroy the menace of the castle. We can expect your full cooperation, can we not?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
dpdx said:
"Wunnerful, 'en. Is 'ere a way we c'n seal this arear off'n from the rest o' Stonepike?"

Rurik looks to the fishermen (presuming the party never left them) - "I'm terribly sorry, my good men, but you now have a decision to make - either come with us, until such time as we discover and kill the beast, and unseal the level - or conclude your day early, and return topside immediately. But you may not remain here. We are on orders from Lord Stonepike himself to seek and destroy the menace of the castle. We can expect your full cooperation, can we not?"

The two oldsters look a bit suprised and then the first says 'Well, if'n it comes down from His'Lordship, I haint one ta look a gift day off inna face.'
The two quickly gather their things, as well as their catch so far, and head back up the stairs.

You have seen no other Dwarves as=of-yet (but you haven't explored much,either), so the remaining numbers,if any, are unknown.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"I'm guessin' we ought ta head out and start searchin' the place, sendin' anyone that we come across back up," Thurgan said, "Ya think we need ta check the places where . . . others had been kill'd?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads