[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim gets his girls settled into their cage and then hops into the driver seat of his wagon. Now that his pets have had a chance to rest, the gnoll is in a cheerful mood.

"Well my young man, lead the way."

OOC: Ursa Major heals to full during the short rest.

dimsdale

First Post
The boy nods his head to the party and smiles. He takes the party past the ally way which Fhangrim and Hakuu noticed one of the thugs go into a building by means of a secret door. We don't go that way...people guard that way. Lot's of people... He continues to another ally but doesn't go down it. There is a large sewer grate. Lift that he says to Leather, who does so. Come come...quite now. Walk along the ledge here. The sewer banks to the right. The boy hops to the ledge on other side of the sewer. It is an easy step as the trail of sludge is narrow at that point. After about 30 feet he stops. He points to the ladder going up. There is another grate above them. The boy points upward and then puts his index finger to his lips as if to motion everyone to be quite. He whispers This leads to a storage room. There is a door. It opens to the room that keep Mr. Blue.

The ladder looks study, but slippery. The grate appears to be already opened. Above the opening is darkness, although flickers of light briefly show the dimensions of the room, mainly the 10 foot ceiling of the storage room.

The boy hugs Torqua then whispers Good luck. Mr. Blue is nice...Please don't hurt him.

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua returns the hug. "Thanks kiddo. We'll do our best help Mr Blue out of whatever mess he's gotten into." She says softly, giving him a pat on the head. "Just so know, I Torqua Debu the great sorceress am not impressed easily. But leading us down here, even at the risk of your own life, now that takes a lot of bravery. Not even old Leather pants or the masked ranger over here could match your boldness today."

She digs into her pocket and pulls out a handful of gold coins. "Kid, I want you to do three favors for me." The wide witch asks, bending down to meet him in the eye. "Number one, take this gold and buy something nice for your family. Number two, give me your name. Once we find this ring, I plan on giving you a real job. One more honorable than thievery and I just can't keep calling you 'kid' all the time."

"And three, if any more thugs try to bother you or your family, you tell them you're a friend of Torqua Debu, the great sorceress and Torqua Debu does not take kindly to those who pick on her friends."

OOC: Taking a short rest to heal and giving the kid 10 gold.

dimsdale

First Post
As the sorcerer gives the boy the 10 gold pieces the boy's eyes. He doesn't move for a few moments, clearly stunned by the generous donation. Tears well up in his eyes. Thank you. I will remember you. I never forget. I go to my family now. He places the coins in his pouch then moves swiftly in the direction he initially led the party.

ooc: short rest granted.

As the party rests in silence the sounds of dripping water echo through the sewer. Every so often the glowing eyes of small rodents appear from the darkness to investigate. Suddenly a new source of light emits from the room above. You hear a door open with voices from two people clearly audible. In the background you hear the sounds of chanting in monotone voices. The door shuts behind and the chanting and light source fade away. Mr. Sams was right...the grate is open. Wonder who keeps doing this? Another person grunts in response. Help me move it back into place

WEContact

First Post
Haaku climbs the ladder as quietly as he possibly can. He waits in the darkness at the mouth of the grate, ready to grab the first wrist or ankle that he can reach, and pull both men down into the sewers before they can cause a ruckus.

OOC: Stealth 19, if it looks like that won't be high enough I'll boost it to 24 with Heroic Effort

Spent a surge to get back to full.

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 5
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 26, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:20 Will:16
HP: 45/45 Bloodied: 22 Surge value: 11 Surges/day: 7/8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+11 (off-hand)
Equipment: +1 Rhythm Blade Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit
Notes: +3 damage vs bloodied targets

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Rain of Blows, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[X], Rain of Steel[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Getting up from his rest he watches Haaku to see what he discovers atop the ladder, weapon in hand.

OOC: Leather spends a surge and is back to full

dimsdale

First Post
The foot of one of the grunts becomes within Haaku's reach. With blinding speed and strength the unsuspecting thug is yanked through the grate and tumbles to the bottom of the sewer landing on his shoulder. The thud echos throughout the sewer. He lays motionless on ground at the partys' feet. He still breaths but is clearly unconscious.

[sblock=Haaku]
The other thug is not within reach, but clearly clearly surprised. @WEContact Roll an athletics check or acrobatics check to determine what happens next.

check less than 15: thugs runs out the door to warn others
check 15 to 20: You leap to a spot in the room between the thug and the door
check 20 or highter: You leap and subdue the other thug

Roll play your actions for dramatic effect :)

[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Did Haaku have to use Heroic Effort to pass that Stealth check, @dimsdale?

Haaku uses the first thug as leverage to pull himself up through the grate, confident that if the fall doesn't take care of him, his allies would. He tucks and rolls over the lip of the grate, and mid-tumble his legs fly out to sweep the second thug's legs. In the time it takes for the thug to fall on his face, Haaku has rolled back onto his feet and leapt into the air. He lands between the unfortunate's shoulder blades just as the man was breaking his fall with his hands, leaving him with a broken wrist and nose. The thug's head bounces back from the impact and Haaku catches his hair, keeping his head pulled back, and clamps a hand over his mouth. "Shhhh," he whispers.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
With a grimace Leather brings his axe down on the unconscious thug's neck. There was no time for prisoners and he was in no mood for mercy. He then proceeded to climb up the ladder to see the Haaku had deftly neutralised the other guard, holding him in a rear naked choke. Leather gives Haaku a nod of approval before taking a good look around to see where they were and where they needed to head next. Leather felt sure that someone with gifted with the gab than him could get the punk that Haaku had captured nice and quiet but talking. He just held his axe so it could be seen, dripping and wet with blood.

dimsdale

First Post
The thug looks at both Leather and Haaku, with eyes wide open as if he's in a state of shock. He doesn't say a word, clearly following the advice of Haaku. He then gulps after seeing the red stained axe of Leather.

[sblock=Leather and Haaku] You can clearly hear the sound of monotone chanting from multiple sources. The appear to be chanting the same verse over and over in a language that you don't understand. One other voice can be clearly heard over the others reciting words as if he or she is reading from text. All of this comes from behind the door which now is cracked open about 2 inches. The crack brings forth a shaft of light which partially illuminates the storage room

[/sblock]

Remove ads