[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: Although only two of you rolled actual checks, I'm not going to bother to sblock this. You guys are talking tactics, so I'm simply going to assume that the two main searchers would share anything relevant to the group.

The building is very close to the mine entrance. There are only a few that are closer. It isn't, maybe, as large as you would expect for what your employer described. You estimate it to be only 30-40 feet wide.

The group circles the building, some more carefully than others. It is fairly close to some of the other buildings on the street. There are two small storage buildings on the other side of a narrow alley on the mine side. They are each about 10' x 10', so something like a shed. The alley seems an ideal hiding place for monsters, but you find none as you traverse it to the back of the building. There is nothing of note behind the building. Just some refuse on the ground, same as everywhere else.

Circling the building you see that there is at least one window on each side. They do not appear to be broken, but they do look very dusty. It's possible some of this has to do with The Mist, but it could just be from several years of disuse. It's difficult to make out much in the way of details as a result, but a look through them does not make it seem that there is anything animate inside. You can make out what looks like several tables, and through the front window you see something blockier that could be a counter of some sort.

There is a single door in the front of the building, which appears unbroken, and a bench under the front window.

The only footsteps in the street that lead directly to the building are your own, but you do see signs that other things pass through the streets of town from time to time. There are trails in the road, and also behind the building, that lead off in the direction of the mine.

LadyLaw

First Post
354b opens the door with ease and enters. There is a thick coating of dust all over everything in the room. There is a counter near the door. The room also contains a table with some bits and bobs on it and some shelves against the walls with the same. There is a doorway on the far side of the room. It is open and you don't think there was ever a door there. You can see the corner of another table in that room from where you stand.

Otakkun

Explorer
Kaelan moves forward slowly, carefully taking each step and looking for any hidden surprises.

"Well, if this is the place I'd expect at least some kind of security. Mind your steps and keep your eyes open," he says as he continues towards the table.

[sblock=Combat Stats]
HP 41/41 Temp HP 0
Initiative +7
AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 18, Will 16
AP 1, Surges 4/9
Second Wind [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]
Drunken Monkey [ ]
Eternal Mountain [ ]
Supreme Flurry [X]
Masterful Spiral [X]
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Thalin cautiously walks behind Kaelen by about 3 steps, doing his best to step in the elf’s footprints while his eyes scan for their target.

[sblock=Rolls]I’m not rolling anything since LadyLaw hasn’t said anything needed a roll, but let me know if one is required, OK?[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: Otakkun, there are several tables. When you say you're approaching THE table, do you mean the one in the other room? Or are you referring to a particular table in the room you're already in?

Antithetist

First Post
Colgrave looks thoughtfully about, trying to get a sense of the place. "Can't hurt to have a rummage around," he says. "Well, unless we should prove insufficiently wary of any possible traps... but I imagine we'll find the notebook we're looking for in a private study or somesuch, not a communal space."

OOC: I take it we're talking worktops rather than dinner tables or writing desks or whatever? Like, this might have been the major manufacturing bit of the workshop?

LadyLaw

First Post
As you look around more closely you decide you really aren't sure what the counter near the door was for. It has some shelves underneath the countertop that are only visible from behind it.

Two of the tables in this room, and all of the shelves, appear to have been used for display purposes. All the items on them appear relatively in tact, if not in good repair. In some cases things that are clearly broken you feel may be the result of time, rather than that they were broken to begin with. There is a third table that contains mostly things in parts. You can see that there is clear space around each grouping, as if in an attempt to clearly separate one group of parts from another. This is the only table that has benches around it.

GM: Just let me know when you officially move on to the next room.

Mezegis

First Post
Well, says Thalin, It doesn’t seem like what we’re looking for is here. Motioning to the next room with the tip of his sword, he adds, Kaelen, do you want to lead us into the next room?

Remove ads