• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: The door is as flush with the surrounding wood and stone as most doors. There are tiny cracks, but I don't think much bigger than a tiny bug could get through it.

Since I'm sure with that description it will come up, I do not think it would be acceptable for swarm form to squeeze underneath.

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: There are specific utility powers that can let a swarm druid do those kinds of things, so I didn't think I could do them without the powers.

Antithetist

First Post
"Hmm, well, I'm afraid the only reliable way I have of breaking down the door is liable to set the whole place on fire, which isn't quite the outcome we're looking for. Surely somebody is better equipped for the task than I, if you're sure you can't crack the lock."

OOC: To be honest I'd recommend retrying Thievery at least until you hit DC 20; if that doesn't do it then breaking it down is looking more sensible.

Vertexx69

First Post
The Door:

Karananak steps up to the monk with his hand out for the tools. "I an I be tinkin uh softa toach might bein in orda ere." But after tinkering in the lock for a bit, the druid gets no farther than the monk.
[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak
Minor:
Move: ...
Standard: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2734052/]Thievery (Pick Lock) (1d20+6=16)[/URL][/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 4; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Chill Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer*/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Beast Hide Armor (Encounter: Shift 2 in beast form)

Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Nope a whopping 10 isn't going to get it done I think.[sblock=Translation]I'm thinking a softer touch might be in order.[/sblock][/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Well, remarks Thalin, it seems both the normal and softer touches failed, perhaps a stronger one? I’m not exactly a rippling mass of muscles, but I can help is needed?

[sblock=OOC]Never been a fan of the “try till you get a good score” mindset. The PC tried and failed, just because the players know it was a crap roll, doesn’t mean the PC feels he didn’t give it his best shot. Though if Kaelen wants to keep trying that’s fine, there is the adage of “If at first you don’t succeed…” Thalin would be fine with the attempt to break the door though, this is an abandoned location, the only issue is it might warn beasties of our presence, but with Thalin’s less than amazing move silent skills, they would probably know anyway.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Much to his surprise, Karananak hears a faint click when he finishes messing with the lock.

GM: 16 over 14 does cross a key barrier. :p

Antithetist

First Post
"Oh, good show," Colgrave says happily as the lock springs. "Shall we? It might be wise to keep a particularly keen eye out for any hazards from hereon in, since this lock was the first sign of security."

[sblock=OOC]I don't agree with 'keep checking until you roll a good number' in cases where it would be metagamey, but when it comes to picking a lock or other such tasks, I think it pretty much mirrors what people actually do in a situation like that. If you're trying to pick a lock, you don't give up immediately if you don't pick it in 6 seconds flat - you keep trying until you're really sure you can't do it, right? Anyway, never mind. ;)[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak gives the door a shove and steps back to let the monk go in first. He tucks the picks into the pouch on his rope belt before picking back up his slender walking stick. Eve raises an eyebrow sarcastically in surprise that he succeeded at picking the lock, and flits around him in a tight circle.

Otakkun

Explorer
"Very well, down we go now. Watch your step."

With that, the elf starts going down the stairs, wondering if anything other than dust will meet them underground.

Remove ads