• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: [MENTION=88443]Antithetist[/MENTION] Correct. Stepping on the purple tiles had no perceptible effect.

[MENTION=55191]hornedturtle[/MENTION] You cannot be carrying a torch because it was 5 squares behind you and you did not state that you walked back 5 squares to grab it. The turn you said you picked it up was the turn we undid because you thought the disc was right there. It was not. You instead jumped 2 squares. You couldn't have done that and ended up where you are if you also went back 5 squares to get the torch. The torch is, however, floating on the disc 5 squares behind you and you are capable of using a move action to move it on any one of your turns.

354b steps forward and the whole floor slides again. The warforged manages to keep his balance easily, but Karananak, weak and choking, falls to the floor. The air seems clear again after a few more moments.

GM: The floor is now open to the next move from anyone.

[sblock=Mechanics]The floor slides requiring an athletics check from those standing on it.

354b - 1d20+4=17
Karananak - 1d20+1=6

Kaelan, Karananak, and 354b each take 5 poison damage for ending their turns in the poison gas.[/sblock]

[sblock=PC Status]
Kaelan:
HP: 31/41 Surges: 4/9 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Karananak:
HP: 15/45 Surges: 10/11 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: Bloodied, Prone

Thalin:
HP: 29/43 Surges: 8/10 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Colgrave:
HP: 25/32 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Experiment 354b:
HP: 27/40 Surges: 7/9 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 0
Conditions: [/sblock]

Attachments

• Trap Hall9.jpg
    Trap Hall9.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 76

Antithetist

First Post
"Aha!" Colgrave calls out triumphantly as Thalin passes over a purple tile with no ill effects. "The purple tiles are safe, it seems, whilst the red and green are the hazardous ones. Blue and gold look rather treacherous to me-" he looks on with some concern as Karananak tumbles to the floor - "but could be useful in making a safe path. Blue translates the entire corridor, gold seems only to cycle its own row."

"And I really think we should go one at a time."

OOC: Snap, Mezegis. ;)

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
Having returned to relative safety, Thalin calls out down the corridor, Karananak! Kaelen! Pull back for now, let B cross without worrying about us! B, it seems the purple squares are safer than the most, and the blue and gold just roll around beneath your feet. If you can stick to those 3 and maintain your balance, you may be able to cross with safety!

OOC: With Otakkun away for a bit, do you want one of us to NPC him, or just leave him there sucking up poison?

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: The poison has dissipated for now. If one of you wants to NPC him, you certainly can. However, that's your decision. I don't require anything.

hornedturtle

First Post
OOC: Oh my bad about the torch location, but it's probably more useful on the disk.

354b will wait a moment to allow Karananak to retreat if he wants to, in the mean time he will spend his move and standard actions to move his floating disk to space M2.

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak gets up and moves forward onto the purple tile in front of him and then...
OOC: Can I jump the row after that diagonally onto the purple tile in the next row? If so he'll do that.

Then he shifts back to wilden form and turns to the bard. "Con yuh be aiden uh broda oat wit dat ealin shoat uh yuhs den? Dees ere allway be takin a mighty tall on I an I."

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: Vertexx, if you could, please clarify which squares you are trying to move to by number. You previously indicated that you wanted to go backward, but now you are going forward, I think, so I want to make sure I'm reading that right.

If I am, and you're asking if you can try to jump from E4 to G3, the answer is yes you can make that attempt. It would be an athletics check with a DC of 20. A result of 10-19 would land you on F3 instead.

Others, please let Vertex clarify his action/make his check. Thank you.

Remove ads