• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

LadyLaw

First Post
As 354b steps forward, the floor slides again, changing his course.

GM: Please allow Vertex and Hornedturtle to post their reactions to this move before I continue the round.

[Sblock=Vertex & Turtle]You've each rolled an exceptional athletics and due to the nature of the square that triggered it may land on either your current square or any adjacent square to the one the map currently shows you on.

Vertex, note that the square under your feet is now red.

Turtle, I stopped you mid-your declared move because the floor changed and the character has a split second to react to that. You have 4 squares of movement left after declaring your ending square if you would like to change your declared move to K3. If you do not indicate a change, then I will assume you still move to K3.[/Sblock]

[Sblock=Mechanincs]Floor slides causing balance check:
354b - 1d20+4=21
Karananak - 1d20+1=21[/Sblock]

Attachments

• Trap Hall10.jpg
    Trap Hall10.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 75

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: @Vertexx69, you can't do that. You only get the reaction of which tile to land on. Sorry. What you're doing is an immediate reaction, so you cannot second wind. Also, only hornedturtle can take extra movement because this was his actual action and I stopped his movement partway through what he had previously declared.

So, please just let me know if you'd prefer to remain on E4, or land on one of the adjacent tiles.

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
354b still intends to move to K2.

occ: I tried to take the floor shift into account when stating his move before.

GM: Hmm...I misread your first statement apparently. For some reason I thought you were aiming for K3, but either way the floor changed to the numbered tile you listed changed and given your exceptional athletics I thought that allowed for the ability to change your mind if you wished. I will continue to the new tile in K2. Update coming.

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
As the floor shifts, Karananak stumbles his way backwards onto a purple tile, momentarily safe. 354b continues forward, causing the floor to shift again. As it does, Karananak is shoved into the wall, and he barely remains standing, but the tile under his feet is now red. As he catches his balance, a flame jet shoots out from beneath his feet and he just manages to avoid being singed.

GM: Floor now open to next post by anyone.

[sblock=mechanics]Floor shifts requiring athletics:
from 354b - 1d20+4=15
from Karananak - 1d20+1=12

Fire Jet vs Reflex on Karananak - 1d20+5=8[/sblock]

Attachments

• Trap Hall11.jpg
    Trap Hall11.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 66

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: Retreating off the tiles all together. this trap is a bit advanced for lvl 4... strait back over the purple tile in row 4. Then use 2nd wind if that ok.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads