• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: I don't agree that the trap is 'too advanced', it just requires a bit of thought. Which is cool. But indeed, there's no reason for any more than one person to be on it at a time, ever, and the optimal thing would be to use our guy with the best Athletics (that's Kaelan) as the trailblazer. But 354b is at the point now where it's just as easy to go on as to come back, so that's all good.

Looks like he should have a clear path to the next purple along gold/blue tiles as long as he's lucky with his Athletics checks.

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: Actually it was designed so that you had to work together to manipulate the tiles to get across. I fully intended for 2 to 3 of you to be active at the same time. I didn't want people to end up feeling left out. It's part trap and part puzzle. I have full confidence that you all can handle it however you choose to do so.

[sblock=PC Status]
Kaelan:
HP: 31/41 Surges: 4/9 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Karananak:
HP: 26/45 Surges: 9/11 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Thalin:
HP: 29/43 Surges: 8/10 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Colgrave:
HP: 25/32 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Experiment 354b:
HP: 27/40 Surges: 7/9 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 0
Conditions: [/sblock]

Attachments

• Trap Hall12.jpg
    Trap Hall12.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 90

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: I'm advocating the 'one guy at a time' course because it seems like anybody who can't consistently make an Athletics check is a liability on the tiles. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's where the evidence seems to point. Not that it might not be possible to all make it across whilst 4/5 party members go pratfalling onto every red and green tile in the corridor at every opportunity, but it doesn't seem like a neat solution. ;)

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: You may, of course, use any method that you choose. I wasn't trying to pressure you to do something different. As I said, I have full confidence that you can be successful no matter what path you take.

For the sake of clarity, however, I will point out that there are two levels of success for athletics when the floor moves. One allows you to keep your balance and remain standing (anything lower and you will fall prone somewhere). The other is that you were so awesome you get to control your stumble onto another tile if you choose. What the restrictions on choosing that tile are depend on which type of tile caused the check.

LadyLaw

First Post
354b Moves forward and falls as the floor shifts beneath his feet.

GM: Next post from anyone.

[sblock=Mechanics]Floor slides causing athletics check
for 354b -1d20+4=10 - He falls prone[/sblock]

Attachments

• Trap Hall13.jpg
    Trap Hall13.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 84

Mezegis

First Post
Thalin watches as the warforged slowly works its way across the challenging hall way. As jets of fire shoot out at times, the bard finds his hand rhythmically rapping on the drum on his hip. It begins slowly, but forms a steady beat, and those nearest begin to hear words a Thalin begins to sing:

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a, bed of roses
Sink me in the river, at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Uh oh, uh oh

Host make me a rainbow, I’ll shine down on the others
They'll know I’m safe with you when they stands under my colors, oh and
Life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even grey, but they bury their comrade

The sharp knife of a short life, well
I’ve had, just enough time

A copper for my thoughts, oh no, I’ll sell them for a silver
They're worth so much more after I’m a goner
And maybe then you’ll hear the words I been singin’
Funny when your dead how people start listenin’

Uh oh (uh, oh)
The ballad of a dove (uh, oh)
Go with peace and love
Gather up your tears, keep ‘em in your pocket
Save them for a time when your really gonna need them, oh

The song trails off as the refrain gets repeated, the observant noticing moisture forming at the corner of the half elf’s eyes. After a moment, he turns to the few standing near him, I think this will be my last venture. We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have known darkness. We can experience joy because we have known sadness. By the same token, as we stare death in the face, I find I am appreciating life. I will see us through this, but then our paths diverge.

LadyLaw

First Post
The row of tiles under the warforged's feet roll like a log as he steps forward and he stumbles.

GM: Please allow hornedturtle to respond to my inquiry below with his reaction.

[sblock=hornedturtle]You may choose to remain in N3 or move to one of the square is column O, due to your exceptional athletics result. Please let me know which you want to land on. Your next post should contain only this information and not further moves or actions.

As the tiles are turning, you catch a flash of green under your feet.[/sblock]

[sblock=mechanics]Atheltics for 354b - 1d20+4=21[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads