[Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'll use Serris's healing power when I used up my surge if that is OK.
+2 HP
Roll

[sblock=stats]Male Eladrin Wizard 4
Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19
HP 38/38hp, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 2/9
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 17
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6
Action Points:1

Powers:
At will:
Chilling Cloud
Winged Horde

Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation
Mystical Debris

Encounter:
Fey Step
Grasping Shadows
Color Spray
Tome of Binding
Second Wind

Daily:
Summon Dretch
Summon Tome

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

The power I used isn't a rest power, but an encounter healing power I didn't use mid-combat. I only have one, so we'd have to rest 5 per person, unless someone else has a healing power?

I don't mind waiting for 15 minutes. There are only three rests we need and when you see that searching and walking around takes time, I don't think we're waisting too much. It's not like we need to stop some ritual or save the hostages.

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=Milestone]Also, this was the second encounter completed today, so that's a milestone. AP for everybody, and a chance to use a second Daily Item power.[/sblock]

"Are we done? Let's open this."

Orsik grabs the door and looks at his companions, waiting for them to indicate readyness.

He then pulls, slightly at first, trying to be quiet, but with increasing force. If that doesn't work he relaxes and then pulls in one big jolt.

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=Healing and Current Status]Extra healing on kal'Tarron 1d6=5

Grys: 39/39 hp, 1 AP, 4/8 surges
Serris: 45/45 hp, 2 AP, 9/11 surges
Mythra: 38/38 hp, 1 AP, 2/9 surges, Summon Dretch used, Bloodcut Armor used
kal'Tarron: 44/44 hp, 1 AP, 5/8 surges, Blessing of Vengeance used
Baracus: 52/52 hp, 1 AP, 6/11 surges
Orsik: 45/45 hp, 2 AP, 6/10 surges[/sblock]

The door is slightly off-kilter, so the bottom edge is wedged hard against the stone floor. Orsik's efforts produce a horrendous screeching and grinding of stone on stone, but after a few minutes of straining he manages to get it open far enough for everybody to get through.

Once a light source is produced, a stone hallway is visible through the doorway. To the left it twists to follow the curve of the outer wall whilst descending in a spiral staircase; to the right it seems to go straight as far as you can see from here.

[sblock=OOC]Let me know what you're using for light (I know you have several possible sources) and who's carrying it. We don't necessarily have to post in combat rounds at the moment; if you prefer, just let me know how you're proceeding (which way you're heading, whether anybody's scouting ahead, and so on) and I can fill in the blanks.[/sblock]

Attachments

• temple map.jpg
    temple map.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 58

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Grys puts a Light into the corridor and then walks in to take a look. "Mythra, stay back. You look a bit peaked. You've gotta stop leading with your chin. Nothing here but bad guys." he quips.

[sblock=Actions]
Turn Keke invisible. Light spell in square -B2. Grys then walks into square -B2.
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra hangs back and lets Grys scout ahead.

[sblock=ooc]
It takes a healing surge to recharge the Bloodcut Armor power, correct?
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Grys steps forward into the corridor and spots another doorway leading further towards the back of the temple - this time the doorway is empty and open, with no door in sight. The corridor stretches on past it, going straight, though for now the gloom stops him from seeing where it leads.

The stonework in this back passage is markedly different to the monumental granite blocks that make up the exterior walls. Here the masons have used smaller blocks of a waxy, reddish hue. The result lacks the imposing, monolithic feel of the temple's central chamber, but is rather unsettling in its own right; it's hard to shake off the impression that the walls are moist with blood.

Attachments

• temple map.jpg
    temple map.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 49

Remove ads