[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Attack, attack, attack! Mythra shouts to the Dretch, taking a step back. The Dretch moves over to its prey and takes both its fists and pounds them ruthlessly into both the monster and the axe women.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Shift to L12
Minor: Command Dretch to move to I11 (around OA).
Standard: Command and Dretch to attack Monster, Axe.
rolls
Monster: 16 vs ref, on hit 14 damage
Axe: 26 vs ref, on hit 14 damage
[/sblock]
[sblock=Dretch]
Senses Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 20
HP 10/23
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 18, Will 19

If the Dretch is reduced to 0 hit points, creatures adjacent to it take 5 poison damage.

Symbiosis: While the summoned Dretch is present, each creature you hit with a basic or at-will attack takes 5 damage if it makes an attack before the end of its next turn, after it makes the attack.

Standard Action: Melee 1; targets one or two creatures; 9 vs. Reflex; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Intrinsic Nature: If you haven't given the dretch any commands by the end of your turn, it attacks or charges the nearest creature and makes its listed attack (above) in place of a melee basic attack. If it cannot attack or charge, it moves 5 squares toward the nearest creature. In addition, you take 1d6 damage each time you take a standard or move action before the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mythra]
Mythra Stelwart
Male Eladrin Wizard 6

Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
(+2 to defenses because of Bloodthread armor, +2 second wind)
Initiative +8; Senses Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 20
HP 13/46hp, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 6/9
AC 20+2; Fortitude 16+2, Reflex 17+2, Will 18+2
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6
Action Points:0

Powers:
At will:
Chilling Cloud
Beguiling Strands

Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation
Mystical Debris

Encounter:
Fey Step
Illusory Obstacles
Hypnotic Pattern

Shield
Tome of Binding
Second Wind

Daily:
Summon Dretch
Summon Magma Beast
Summon Iron Cohort

Summoning Tome
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
With calm, precise movements, Alexia steps over the fallen to reach her foe. Her face twists into a feral snarl as she swings her blade in a horizontal arc that leaves a trail of blood hanging in the air as it passes through one of the attackers.

[sblock=Actions]Virtue of Valor: 4 thp to whoever can take it.

Move: If Axe-lady's alive, move J11. Otherwise move to H11.
Standard: Dissonant Strain vs Axe if she's still alive, otherwise vs Monster. Hits AC 28 (if I have a flank) for 15 damage, which either kills Axe or hurts Monster. Upon hitting, every allies within 5 gets a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Human Bard 6
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 20
AC 21 | F 17 | R 17 | W 19
HP: 16/53 | Bloodied: 26 | Surge value: 13 | Surges: 9/10
Speed: 5 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +13 vs AC, 1d8+4, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike, Vicious Mockery
Blood Drain, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship
Inspiring Refrain, Dissonant Strain
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Skald's Chainmail

Conditions:

Bloodied[/sblock]

OOC: just fluff, change pending

Orsik spasms and opens his eyes, grabbing for the maul and standing up, moving a bit aside to avoid crushing Grys.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], death save 20 means Orsik spends the surge, right? At which moment can he act? Next round? This round? I remember death saves are required at the start of the turn so that anyone who drops must roll at least once. Does that mean I have full set of actions?

renau1g

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] - "Death Saving Throw: When you are dying, you need to make a saving throw at the end of your turn each round."

OOC: "Death Saving Throw: When you are dying, you need to make a saving throw at the end of your turn each round."

Yeah, I know that, but wasn't there some discussion that unconcious and dying are meaninigless in PbP because leader can simply act before the afflicted character and save him from the roll, therefore rolls are at THE START of the turn? Or something like that?

No matter, I'll wait next round, important thing is, Orsik is not dying :D

renau1g

First Post
OOC: KD and I have discussed before that unconcious doesn't have the teeth it should in PbP. He has a rule in his adventures for that. As I wasn't the DM at the start, I feel it would be inappropriate for me to have them for this game as it wasn't known from the start (same as why I didn't have them in my other games that are partway through). I will, for my future games, add in the rule, which essentially is that if you fall unconscious, you go at the start of the round to ensure there is some penalty for it.

Anyways, there is no houserule that modifies saving throws, death ones or otherwise.

KarinsDad

Adventurer

Yeah, I know that, but wasn't there some discussion that unconcious and dying are meaninigless in PbP because leader can simply act before the afflicted character and save him from the roll, therefore rolls are at THE START of the turn? Or something like that?

OOC: Almost. Start of the round, but still at the end of the turn. Not all LEB DMs are playing the rule yet, but there is a rule that I use that the unconscious or stunned PC's turn goes at the start of the player's portion of the round before any other PC. That way, leaders cannot completely bypass unconsciousness or stunned in PBP. So in your case if renau1g used that rule, Orsik would have rolled his 20 this last round at the end of his turn before any other PC got to act this round.

Last edited:

Remove ads