[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Grys, you and I were on one side of the camp. The rest was here and Muzdum run out to stop the monster. Now, except for that first attack, which we couldn't predict, everybody did as they were supposed to. Tell me, would anything really change if we were little more spread out?

There were mistakes, that big club guy, I should be the one to tackle those. kal'Tarron and you could aid, but I should be the one trading blows with it. Or Muzdum. But the camp is big and there was no way we could protect all sides of it without spreading.

Let the past be and learn from it.

"Learning from it is what I'm trying to do. But, if you all ignore me both before and after battle and don't want to talk about it, then nobody will learn anything.

And by the way, you were not on the same side of the battle as I was. You came there right away, but you started in the middle. And yes, Kal shouldn't take on the largest foes possible, rather he should be on the enemy spell casters where he forces them to focus on him, instead of focusing on three to five of us. That cost us a lot of healing that could have been used on others.

And yes, the battle would have been a lot easier if the five of you were really spread out and the spell caster could have only gotten two or three of you in that first blast. I should know. That's my area of expertise. I love it when a bunch of stupid mooks all stand close to each other for my fire.

But, if you all want to act like Mythra and ignore this stuff, nothing I can do about it."
Grys says in a huff as he pushes past Derslin on his way out of the camp.

Luinnar

First Post
"Mythra, I wouldn't expect of you not to want vengeance upon those who hurt you. Wouldn't you like to find their leader and feed it to your pet?"
Hmm, Mythra says, thinking it over. Perhaps the ride with the foreign chocolates and fine wine will have to wait.

rb780nm

First Post
"Friend, I am bound to the will of Balinor. He designates my prey and it is worth more than all our lives for me to go against his commands," says the Deva.

OOC: Sorry, I could have done a better job with target selection. Feel free to call out a target for me at the start of the next fight - I'll find an IC way to work more in sync with the rest of the party (I'm not all that good with strikers, I've played a lot more defenders and I tend to get a little mixed up. My monk in L4W has the same problem. I think he's fallen unconscious in every fight he's ever been in.)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry, I could have done a better job with target selection. Feel free to call out a target for me at the start of the next fight - I'll find an IC way to work more in sync with the rest of the party (I'm not all that good with strikers, I've played a lot more defenders and I tend to get a little mixed up. My monk in L4W has the same problem. I think he's fallen unconscious in every fight he's ever been in.)

OOC: Just FYI. This is all roleplaying here. Grys is ticked off, but I'm having a blast playing him that way. KD is not pointing fingers at anyone for any of their decisions because it's your PC. Play him or her exactly how you want to.

Grys, on the other hand, is pointing fingers at everyone. ;)

Just learn your strengths and weaknesses and exploit them, that's what I learned with Orsik and Bellegon (and don't forget class features that give you extra damage like I did) - in this case, I concurr with KD, find some squishy and bind it, lurkers or artillery are always unpleasant for melee types. we can deal with brutes.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum disappeared form sight for a couple of minutes, and then comes back, strapping his pants, "Wha' happened? Ye were sayin' somethin', eh? Sorry I just pee on the corpse pile, and was too far away to hear all the thin'." says the dwarf, with a smile.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah, so you all have saved our dig, after those goblins left and the attacks started I thought we'd be forced to leave our work. It is good that you arrived." the archaeologist says.

OOC: Please make sure your wishlists are updated if you're using them and your PC is approved. They'll be about 1000 xp from the encounter + say another 150 from the skill challenge and some minor quest XP and 6 RP's. There's a follow-up likely based on anti's notes, but I can't run it unfortunately. So, if there's any more questions for Derslin feel free to ask.

Orsik needs another approval. Would you be so kind? Anti already approved, his comments no longer apply. Also, can you find a replacement for yourself? :p

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] Did Grys get his extra piece of equipment from spending his RP? I know Mythra got his, but I don't remember Grys getting any.

Remove ads