• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: The inkeeper doesn't seem to know anything about trouble at any of the logging camps nearby.

I'm not going to hold you to a strict 5 round limit, but I can tell you that expecting Alexia to carry you through with Diplomacy checks while you all assist would only get you so far - there's only so much information to be gathered that way.

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: I was assuming that there would be outdoors bits to this too - Alexia now, and the rest of us later. But we can do a Alexia and Someoneelse+help in parallel.

Entering the tavern, Orsik goes straight for the innkeeper.
"Good evening. Pop up the barrel of ale and serve the dwarf that will be in my company as long as it's not empty or he's dead drunk and unconcious. Thank you."

He then sits on the table and waits for others with Mythra, patiently listening how the wine in this outpost is too watered, too strong, too bitter and any other objection Mythra can find. (OOC: sorry for assuming this bit :p )

"Greetings all. I see you met with various success. We discovered that the postman recognized the name, but wouldn't say more. He was afraid of strangers and worried about us being 'lawmen'. It seems Derstlin really is in some kind of trouble. What did you find out?"

Luinnar

First Post
Entering the tavern, Orsik goes straight for the innkeeper.
"Good evening. Pop up the barrel of ale and serve the dwarf that will be in my company as long as it's not empty or he's dead drunk and unconcious. Thank you."

He then sits on the table and waits for others with Mythra, patiently listening how the wine in this outpost is too watered, too strong, too bitter and any other objection Mythra can find. (OOC: sorry for assuming this bit :p )

"Greetings all. I see you met with various success. We discovered that the postman recognized the name, but wouldn't say more. He was afraid of strangers and worried about us being 'lawmen'. It seems Derstlin really is in some kind of trouble. What did you find out?"
OOC: Metavoid knows Mythra well :p

This wine is fit for a dwarf
, Mythra says pouring it on the ground. Disgusting... bitter.... Don't these peasants know how to press grapes?!

Someone give me the letter from Derslin. I will use magic to unlock its secrets, nothing will be found talking to these fools at this inn!
Mythra says, cranky at today's frustrating events.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia shrugs, "Well, I think we found where Derslin emerged from the forest that last time, but it will take better trackers than us," she gestures at Grys, Muzdum, and herself, "to make something of it. Perhaps one of you, or perhaps one of the villagers more familiar with the woods can help us."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum raises an eyebrow at Mythra's overreaction. "Wine is just for whiny elven lasses." he comments, slicing the salami with a sturdy dagger. "Dwarves." he says, piercing one of the slices with the dagger, and posing it in a dramatic pose. "we don't drink that sh:)t" he concludes, taking the slice into his mouth. "Anyone?" he says offering salami to the others.
"What did the priest said?" the dwarf asks.

rb780nm

First Post
"There are rumors of strange things happening out beyond the logging camps. The priestess of the Host suggested we talk to some loggers, here tonight. Now that work is done for the day, perhaps we can find someone who knows about our quarry, or something about the strange happenings out in the woods, towards the mountains..."

Antithetist

First Post
As evening draws in the inn begins to fill up. Most of the customers look like local working men, and it shouldn't be difficult to find somebody with knowledge of the woods if desired. Judging by the wary looks that the group are getting, though, it might be a bit harder to gain their trust.

rb780nm

First Post
While Alexia does most of the talking, kal'Tarron scans the crowd looking for devotees of the Host, or better yet Balinor, that he can talk with to try to find out something about the strange events in the forest

OOC: I'm going to try to assist Alexia's diplomacy roll (I'm making soem assumptions here, with my own diplomacy

Diplomacy (1d20+2=9)

:( no help there, sorry gang

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia looks over at the loggers, "Well, let me go talk to them." She pushes herself out of her chair and walks across the room, her expression friendly.

"Hey guys, my name is Alexia. I just arrived in Sharford, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me, and my friends, around town, and maybe talk a little about what's been happening. Any volunteers? You will, of course, be compensated for your time."

ooc: Diplomacy 23.

Remove ads