• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra takes the letter out of his bag, he must have forgot he put it in there. Without a word he slips out, and finds a suitable spot nearby where he can do the ritual away from suspicious eyes. After an hour of preparation, the spell begins.

OOC: Mythra is using object reading on the letter.

Arcana = 16, bah. Two images shown.

Antithetist

First Post
The group of men Alexia approaches seem a bit wary to begin with, especially as they take a dim view of kal'Tarron's scrutiny. With her open and friendly approach, though, she soon wins them over, and for the price of a couple of drinks they prove willing to provide the benefits of their loal knowledge. They're reluctant to leave the inn to show her around at this time, but one man readily volunteers his services as a guide for the following morning.

OOC: Luinnar, you get to choose the images you see relating to the letter. The examples given are 'a sword’s last owner, the creature that forged it, and the last creature it killed.' Let me know what you're fishing for.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Luinnar, you get to choose the images you see relating to the letter. The examples given are 'a sword’s last owner, the creature that forged it, and the last creature it killed.' Let me know what you're fishing for.
OOC: The person who wrote the letter, and person who found it at the university please :)

Antithetist

First Post
As Mythra completes the ritual, his mind momentarily floods with a vivid image of a thin, wiry man with scraggly blonde hair and heavy stubble. He sits at a simple wooden desk in a wooden shack as he writes the letter that now rests in Mythra's hands. His grey eyes are haunted and nervous, and he seems agitated.

Next, Mythra views the familiar sight of Morgrave University's central administrative buildings in the high towers of Sharn; a stack of letters, this one among them, is placed down on a long reception desk and accepted with a cordial word of thanks by a bespectacled secretary who begins sifting through the letters and sorting them by addressee.

OOC: Alexia's Diplomacy was a success, and Mythra's ritual provides one free success on the skill challenge.

Current tally is 6 successes, 2 failures.

FYI guys I'm a little snowed under at the moment, so posting will continue to be a bit laggy. Apologies for that.

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron spends a few moments observing the mannerisms, the oaths he makes and the way he holds himself. He leans over to Alexia and whispers "Clearly he's a staunch adherent of the silver flame. Perhaps you could couch your approaches in language that he will find most palatable."

OOC: Aid another on Alexia's diplomacy Religion to try to determine the faith of the man selected to speak to (1d20+13=18)

[MENTION=88443]Antithetist[/MENTION] - if you want to change my speech to fit your impressions of the man's faith (and my success/failure) feel free.

Luinnar

First Post
As Mythra completes the ritual, his mind momentarily floods with a vivid image of a thin, wiry man with scraggly blonde hair and heavy stubble. He sits at a simple wooden desk in a wooden shack as he writes the letter that now rests in Mythra's hands. His grey eyes are haunted and nervous, and he seems agitated.
OOC: Does this description match everything Mythra knows about Derslin? (let me know if I need to roll :))

KarinsDad

Adventurer
ooc: Um, what are people trying to get me to use Diplomacy for? The villager's already volunteered to help us.

OOC: I'm kind of confused as to what we should be doing next. Are we supposed to be continuing the skill challenge? If so, in what direction? Does anyone have any ideas? I'm also a bit confused as to what information we have and what we don't.

Remove ads