Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Kalidrev

First Post
"What are you talking about Skalisss? What did that no good bit---" Mikara's words faltered as she felt her face for the first time since waking up. Turning her head and placing it face in her hands, she lets out a blood curdling scream. Something akin to what would be heard when a mother discovers that her baby has died in the middle of the night. She begins to sob uncontrollably for a few moments before gathering her emotions into a tightly balled fist of hate.

"Oooooh! That wicked b***h will PAY for this! She ruined my beautiful face!"

Mikara looks desperately at the others, and then pointedly at Skalisss.

"When we killed Thomas, the Minotaur gained his strength back, right? So all we have to do is find the nasty harlot that did this to me and kill her, right? Not so difficult...right?"

As the gravity of the situation sinks into Mikara, and as she realizes just how difficult finding and killing the 'Runelord' would be, she crouches down and bawls once more.

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss picks up Mikara gently under the arm.

"That'sss enough Mikara, tearsss won't help you track your prey and put a blade through her heart. We will find them and take vengence. To the far cornersss of the world we will give chassse, there is nowhere far enough that we will not pursssue. And they will come to know fear, oh yesss! They will fear the darknesss cassst by Mikara'sss ssshadow!"

"All of their evil will be undone, even if we have to force the fiend to do it."

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Growl and Ceryx carefully wash and bind Mikara's cuts as Skalisss attempts to end her sobs and focus her thoughts on a way out of her current predicament.

//Mikara can spend 2 healing surges to be back at full, though if you're about to have an extended rest that seems a little redundant.
In the morning you have a number of different options on where to go and a couple of leads to follow up on; the Temple of the Obolus is where the minotaurs will be taken at dawn as the infirmary there is the best place for them to cared for, Mikara saw some men in guard uniforms, researching the strange runes could be helpful too. There is also the minor quest with the missing orphans who once found should be taken to the Temple, though if they are in the same condition as Lil, they may not survive too long without help.//

JRYoung

First Post
"Come, Let usss ressst" suggests Skalisss. "Mikara will need to recover. Then we perhapsss we ssshould find the misssing orphansss next, that may lead to cluesss as to where our enemiesss can be found."

OOC: we can pursue some of the other leads opportunistically.

Tomalak

First Post
"I don't want to lose the time before looking for the kids. I'm going to start poking around. I'll meet you in the morning, where are you staying?"

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara cheers up a little bit, the thought of shoving her blade deep into the body of the awful woman who uglified her brings the cast of a burning fire behind her eyes. Checking to make sure she has all of her gear, she straightens up and follows Skalisss to the Inn where she can rest. Pulling out her camouflaged clothing, she drapes the hood low over her face, so as not to disgust anyone else with her ugly face. Her shoulders droop thinking that she could no longer walk into a room and get a ton of positive attention. If she did so now, she'd get some looks, but none would be pleasant.

JRYoung

First Post
"I don't want to lose the time before looking for the kids. I'm going to start poking around. I'll meet you in the morning, where are you staying?"

Skalisss scowls "The sssame place we had drinksss at earlier. And by all meansss be careful, return for backup if you encounter the enemy!"

Tomalak

First Post
"Of course. Anyone care to join me?"
[sblock=OOC]One fight and you're ready for an extended rest? Pansies. There's kids in trouble![/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Kids or no kids, thar be levels awaiting us for resting.[/sblock]

"I shall help you get to the inn, Mikara. Tomorrow, we shall renew our search for these evil men." And Ceryx walks down the road with Skalisss and Mikara.

Remove ads